Modern technology has brought lot of benefits to the financial industry.
Following that, most people tend to look for more convenient banking and payment methods other than cash; — according to McKinsey, over 82% of Americans are using digital payments.
If you're dealing with digital payments, having a basic understanding on how money transfers work is crucial for maintaining a financial well-being, and knowing how to transfer money from Vanilla card to bank account is no different.
The Vanilla gift card is prepaid card that can be used for making financial transactions online; — it offers a convenient way to pay for goods and services online and also offer money to friends and family
Vanilla gift cards come loaded with money; — the amount of money available in the card is usually specified by the buyer when purchasing the Vanilla gift card online.
What if you purchased the Vanilla gift card and afterwards, you don't use it? How can you get cash from a Vanilla gift card? A great way to get cash from a Vanilla Visa gift card is to transfer its balance to a bank account.
While you can transfer funds directly from the card to your bank account, there are other convenient methods to transfer the funds and if you're wondering how, keep reading.
To help you out, we've compiled the best ways to transfer money from a Vanilla card to bank account.
Table of Contents
What is a Vanilla Gift Card?
The Vanilla Visa Gift Card is a prepaid Visa gift card with denominations ranging from $10 to $500 that can be purchased online.
They're wonderful gifts for special occasions and as thank-you gifts for clients, employees, and business partners.
Where do You Get a Vanilla Gift Card?
You only need to go to the Vanilla Gift Card website to get started. You can then place an order and have them delivered to your physical address.
You can also purchase them in a physical store. You may get them at a variety of participating retailers in various denominations. The following are some of them.
How Much Does a Vanilla Card Costs?
The card does not have a fixed price. You have the option of selecting one of the company's several sums. The organization offers a variety of gift cards, which you may choose from.
- $50 Vanilla Visa card price $50.00
- $75 Vanilla Visa card price $75.00
- $100 Vanilla Visa card price $100.00
- $150 Vanilla Visa card price $150.00
How to Use a Vanilla Card
As long as the balance on your Vanilla gift card is sufficient, you can use it in a variety of ways. It can be used to pay for goods and services in a store. You can use it to pay at the register by swiping it and deducting the amount spent.
Which Banks Work With Vanilla?
Vanilla works with a number of banks. Vanilla Visa® Gift Cards, for example, are issued with a Visa U.S.A. license by MetaBank®, TBBK Card Services, Inc., N.A., or Sutton Bank. The FDIC insures all of the banks listed above. That means your money is secure at all times. The issuing bank is listed on the back of your card.
Vanilla Discover® Gift Cards are issued by Bancorp Bank, which is also a member of the FDIC, making them safe to use. Vanilla Mastercard Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank, The Bancorp Bank, N.A., or Sutton Bank, according to the license issued by Mastercard International Incorporated.
How to Pay for a Vanilla Card
You can pay for the card in a variety of ways. The most common option is to pay for it with a bank account.
You can send funds using the seller's routing number and account number. The account number distinguishes the seller's account from those of other account holders, while the routing number identifies the bank's branch.
Also Read: How To Get Cash From A Vanilla Gift Card
Can I Transfer Money from My Vanilla Card to Bank Account?
No, you can't directly transfer money from a Vanilla card to bank account since it is a gift card.
However, you can use some indirect methods to get the money from your Vanilla card to your bank account.
- How To Transfer Money From EPPICard To Bank Account
- How To Get Money Off A Virtual Visa Card
- How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Debit Card Instantly
- How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to PayPal Instantly
- How to Convert Visa Gift Card to Cash Instantly
- How to Transfer Visa Gift Card to Bank Account Instantly
How to Transfer Money from My Vanilla Card to Bank Account
As earlier mentioned, you cannot directly transfer money from your Vanilla card to bank account.
However, you can use some other ways to get the funds into your bank account which are as follows:
1. Add and Use Your Vanilla Card on PayPal
You can add your Vanilla card to your PayPal account and use as a funding source for your transactions through PayPal.
Adding a Vanilla gift card to PayPal is as easy as adding a virtual card to PayPal.
To do so:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Select "Wallet" at the top of the page
- Tap "Link a card or bank" under any existing cards or banks linked to your PayPal account. Click to follow prompts.
- Add its details and click "Link Card."
Once your card linked to PayPal, you can transfer the funds to your bank account as follows:
Open your PayPal app to log into your account.
- Tap your PayPal balance.
- Hit on "Transfer,"
- Tap "Transfer Money."
- Select the bank account to transfer funds to.
- Enter the amount to transfer.
- Confirm the transaction to complete the transfer.
For a in-dept steps, you can checkout how to transfer Visa gift card balance to PayPal.
Also Read: How To Verify PayPal Without Bank Account
2. Add Your Vanilla Card to Venmo
Adding your Vanilla card to Venmo is another great way to use the funds on the card instead of that stored in your bank account.
Venmo accepts prepaid card and you should not experience any issues when adding your Vanilla card to Venmo as long as there are still funds in it.
To add your Vanilla card to Venmo:
- Download and signup to the Venmo app.
- Go to the "Me" tab and check the Wallet section.
- Select "Add Card" and add provide your Vanilla card details.
You are now good for using your Vanilla card on Venmo.
However, if supported, you can transfer money from your Vanilla card to bank account through Venmo as follows:
- Log into your Venmo account.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Choose the option "Transfer to Bank."
- Choose the amount to transfer.
- Hit on the Transfer button.
- Select the "Confirm Transfer to Bank" button.
Also Read: Can You Have Two Venmo Accounts?
- How to Transfer Visa Gift Card Balance to PayPal Instantly
- How to Get Money Off an Expired Debit Card [3 Easy Ways]
- What Happens When Your Debit Card Expires? [Fully Explained]
- How to Transfer Money from Prepaid Card to Bank Account [Complete Process]
- How To Transfer Money From A Prepaid Card To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From ATM (Debit Card) To Another Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Virtual Card To Bank Account [5 Easy Steps]
3. Trade-in Your Vanilla Card at an Exchange Kiosk
Another great way to transfer money from your Vanilla card to bank account is by exchanging it for cash at a Gift Card Exchange Kiosks, and depositing the proceeds into your bank account.
You can find kiosks anywhere from supermarkets to shopping malls.
You'll have to pay some fees, which means you'll get a smaller portion of your card's value. You can deposit the money into a bank account once you've received it.
4. Sell Your Vanilla Card through an App or Website
You can sell your Vanilla gift cards and have the proceeds sent into your bank account using a variety of apps for both Android and iOS.
Despite the fact that the applications take a significant commission, the funds eventually arrive in your bank account.
You tell them what sort of card you have, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and so on, and they make you an offer after that.
If you approve, they can buy it and deposit the money in your bank account within five business days.
Prepaid2Cash is an example of such an app, which allows you to transfer money from a gift card to a bank account instantly.
You may sell your Vanilla gift card on a variety of websites, and electronic cards are processed faster than physical cards. The processing of digital gift cards is instant. When selling a tangible item, simply mail it to their address and you're done.
- How to Transfer Money from One Netspend Card to Another [5 Easy Steps]
- How to Get Money Off Netspend Account Without Card [5 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal [Step by Step]
- Can I Transfer Money from Netspend to Bank Account? [4 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Chime [Step by Step]
5. Buy a Money Order with your Vanilla Card
You can use your Vanilla gift card to buy a money order and deposit it in your bank account.
Money orders can be purchased at places like Walmart.
Money orders are similar to checks in that they must be paid before they are delivered.
6. Sell Your Vanilla Card to Friends and Family
You may cash out your Vanilla gift card by selling it to friends and families then, depositing the funds into your account.
Some don't have PINs, but if they do, you can share them with the buyer and be done with it.
By the way, this is one of the simplest methods of transfer, and you will almost certainly receive the full value of your gift card.
Also Read: How to Sell Gift Cards for Bitcoin Instantly
How To Transfer Money From Vanilla Gift Card To Cash App
Cash App supports most prepaid cards, but the payment giant does not support gift cards at moment; — meaning, you can't directl transfer money from Vanilla gift card to Cash App — you can only complete the transfer indirectly.
To transfer money from Vanilla gift card to Cash App:
- Convert the Vanilla gift card into Cash.
- Deposit the funds to your bank account.
- Add the money to Cash App through the "Add Cash" feature of the app.
Can You Send Money from a Vanilla Gift Card to Another User?
Just like, most gift cards, the Vanilla gift card does not allow users send moeny to other users; — meaning, you cannot send money from a Vanilla gift card to another user.
However debit and prepaid cards allow you to transfer money to others online.
You can send money online using a debit card to another debit card in minutes, for example.
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App | Cash App to Google Pay
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
- How to Transfer Money from Bank Account to Prepaid Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer money from Vanilla gift card?
The Vanilla gift card is not a bank card. As a result, money can't be transferred from the card. You can only convert the card into cash by selling it.
How can I transfer my gift card to my bank account?
You can link your gift card to PayPal, Venmo, or Cash App and forward the money to your bank account. This is the cheapest way to exchange gift cards for cash. The more expensive ways include selling the gift card on a specialized website or mobile app, or even an exchange kiosk in your mall.
How do I get money off my vanilla card?
The best way to get money off a Vanilla card is by adding it to a mobile wallet. Selling it for cash can be quite costly.
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money from My Vanilla Card to Bank Account
A Vanilla gift card comes with a specified amount of money which can be used to pay for goods and services online.
If you have a Vanilla card and don't know what to do of it, then getting your money off the gift card can help.
You cannot transfer money from a Vanilla card to bank account directly but you can use some indirect methods to complete the transfer.
This article compiles the best methods you can use to complete the transfer.