Google Pay and PayPal are two great apps used to pay for services online. Google Pay is used to pay for products purchased in Google apps meanwhile PayPal can be used to pay everywhere it is accepted by the merchant.
Transferring money from Google Pay to PayPal can be a great way to easily pay for your goods and services online at the same time managing your funds in a more convenient way.
PayPal is the most used payment platform and counts over 426 million users in more than 200 countries and supports 25 currencies.
This figures generally increase over time as PayPal first launched in 18 countries.
PayPal is one of the most accepted methods of payments accepted by a large number of merchants online.
If you have the frequent habit of shopping online maybe on online shopping catalogs with instant credit, you must have certainly used PayPal for at least one of your payments.
They provide a convenient way to pay for goods and services without incurring extra fees.
Google Pay on the other hand is a payment method made available in Google products such as YouTube, Play Store etc.
However, the app can only be used at checkout of Google products meaning, it can't be used elsewhere.
You found something that interest you online, they accept PayPal payments but you don't have enough money in your PayPal balance and you got money in your Google Pay account that can cover the payment?
In this case, knowing how to transfer money from your Google Pay balance to PayPal will be of great use.
How to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal? Google Pay integrates with PayPal meaning, you can directly send money from Google Pay to PayPal. All you need to do is to add PayPal as a payment method for Google Pay either at a checkout or in the G Pay app itself and then transferring the money conveniently. However, if your country doesn't allow you to add PayPal to your Google Pay account, do not worry, you may use an indirect method which will be shown below to complete the transaction.
That said, in this article, I will show you how to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal conveniently without hassle.
What to Know About Google Pay
Google Pay (stylized as G Pay) was formerly known as Android Pay. The app was first launched on September 11, 2015 as Android Pay.
Later, it was integrated with Google Wallet to produce Google Pay, which was faster and more reliable.
The app launched with a new API that allows businesses to integrate Stripe, Braintree, and Google Assistant into their websites. Users can also use Google Pay to fund their transactions by adding their credit or debit cards.
Google Pay is one of the fastest-growing mobile wallets for making in-app purchases.
The Google-developed app also allows you to buy and sell goods and services, as well as send money to others.
On Android mobile devices, the software also allows you to make contactless purchases both online and in person.
The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Android Lollipop 5.0 or later is required for Android devices (phones, tablets, or watches).
You'll need iOS 11 or later for iOS. Google Pay for iOS is currently only available in the United States and India.
Even Google Pay for Android isn't available in every country. The app is only available in 40 countries, according to reputable sources.
Does Google Pay Work With PayPal?
Yes. Google Pay integrates with PayPal.
This means you can directly add PayPal as a payment method for your Google Pay account.
It is simple to add PayPal to Google Pay and we will be seeing how it can be done below.
Can I Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal?
Yes! You can transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal.
Because Google Pay integrates PayPal, users can add PayPal as a payment method for their account.
From there, they can easily send money from Google Pay to PayPal.
However, not all users may directly add PayPal to their G Pay account.
These users may complete the transfer by using a linked bank account as an alternative method.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal (Direct Method)
If you are located in a country where Google Pay supports PayPal, then, you can directly transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal in some easy steps.
However, we will consider you already have a verified PayPal account.
If you don't have one, here's how to open a verified PayPal account from any country.
Once your PayPal account is ready, follow the steps below to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal.
Step 1: Setup a Google Pay Account
It is very easy to setup a Google Pay account. You will need the following details to open a Google Pay account:
- A valid account
- Your account number linked to phone number.
- A debit card or an ATM card.
Once you've gathered the above information, you can proceed opening your Google Pay account with the steps outlined below:
- Download Google Pay mobile app.
- Click on the arrow in the right corner to select your language.
- Allow SMS, contacts, and location access using the phone number associated with your bank account.
- The Google email ID will then be detected automatically. Continue by clicking the button.
- Examine the one-time password (OTP) that was delivered to your cellphone. Allow the app to have access to it to refill it automatically.
- Next, select a PIN or screen lock. You’ll have completed the process of setting up your G-Pay account
Step 2: Add a Bank Account to Google Pay
Google Pay needs a bank account to work.
Your bank account is required to get the UPI PIN for your account.
You will need your account and routing numbers to link your bank account to Google Pay.
If you have a bank account linked to your PayPal account, I recommend you to link this one to Google Pay since it might help in case your region doesn't allow Google Pay to integrate PayPal.
Here's how to link your bank account to Google Pay
- Select your name from the drop-down menu after logging in to your account.
- Choose "Add Bank Account".
- Choose your "Bank name" from the drop-down option. Your bank will assist you in completing your transactions.
- Tap the "Allow" pop-up to continue. To access the account link, click "Ok" in the pop-up window that displays.
- To confirm your phone number, Google Pay will send you a verification SMS.
- On the page that appears, tap to enter the UPI PIN to link the new bank account.
- Once you enter the UPI PIN correctly, your bank account will be successfully linked.
If you can't remember your UPI PIN, click "Don't know your UPI PIN?" To get this number, you'll need to enter the last six digits of your debit card number, as well as the expiration date.
Step 3: Add PayPal to Google Pay
You can add a PayPal account to Google Pay on an Android phone in the US. You can use it to pay for some Google products and in participating stores, apps, and websites.
Here's how to add PayPal to Google Pay:
- On your phone, open the Google Pay app.
- Click the card button Credit card at the top.
- Tap "Add a payment method". To find this option, you might need to swipe all the way left.
- Select "PayPal".
- To link your PayPal account, follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
Once your PayPal account has been linked to Google Pay, you may conveniently transfer money from Google Pay to your PayPal account.
If you did not succeed in adding PayPal to Google Pay, then, it therefore means, your Google Pay doesn't support PayPal in your country.
In this case, you will need to use a indirect method shown below.
Alternative Way to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal (Using a Linked Bank Account)
This method will involve the use of a linked bank account. Meaning, your bank account must be linked to PayPal before you may add it to Google Pay. However, we have shown how to add a bank account to Google Pay.
This procedure is the same as transferring money from Google Pay to Cash App.
Step 1: Login to Your Google Pay Account
The first thing you will want to do is to login to your Google Pay account.
Step 2: Add Your Linked Bank Account to Google Pay
Next, you will need to add your bank account that has been linked to your PayPal account.
This is however, necessary to use Google Pay
So instead of adding another bank account, rather add your linked bank account.
The steps to add a bank account to Google Pay have been shown above.
Step 3: Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank account
You will need to withdraw the money form Google Pay balance to your bank account. The process is pretty easy and shown below:
- Open your Google Pay app.
- Tap your profile icon on the top right of the home screen.
- Below your profile, tap Google Pay balance.
- Tap Transfer out.
- Enter the amount to transfer and tap Next.
- Choose a payment method (in this case, select your linked bank account)
- Tap Transfer out.
Step 4: Transfer Money from Bank Account to PayPal
Once your money reflects in your bank account, you will need to transfer the funds to PayPal.
Here are the steps to transfer money from bank account to PayPal:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- In the balance section, tap "Transfer Money".
- On the next page, tap "Add money to your balance."
- Enter the amount of cash you wish to transfer from your bank, then hit "Add."
- On the next page, click "Add $ (XXX amount)" to complete the transfer.
- Finally, tap the Add button to complete the transfer.
Those are two easy ways to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal.
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
- How to Transfer Money from Bank Account to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Singtel Dash to Bank Account
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal?
The time required for the transfer may vary depending on the method you use.
If you are using the direct method to send money from Google Pay to PayPal, it may take just some few hours if you already have a verified PayPal and Google Pay account.
It may take 3 to 5 days to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal using the indirect method.
This is because wire transfer generally take time to reflect in the recipient account.
Are There Any Fees Involved When Using PayPal with Google Pay?
Google Pay is free to use for transactions made with your PayPal account.
Any costs associated with utilizing PayPal services (as defined in the PayPal User Agreement) will remain in effect in any circumstance.
Why Can't I Link My PayPal to Google Pay?
If you disable in-store payments, you won't be able to use PayPal via Google Pay to make purchases in stores, but you will be able to use it online.
Furthermore, you must first link your PayPal account in order to re-enable in-store payments.
Another reason why you can't link PayPal to Google Pay is because Google Pay doesn't support PayPal in your region.
You need to be located in a supported country before you may be able to link both apps.
How to Check Bank Account Balance in Google Pay?
You can directly check your bank account balance in your G Pay account without having to access your bank. You can do so by following the steps below:
- Go to the Google Pay app and sign in with your Google account.
- Move your Bank account to the upper right.
- To check the balance of a certain account, tap it.
- Tap View Balance and enter the UPI PIN.
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
Google Pay is a mobile wallet that allows you to pay for items in applications, on the web, and in stores.
You will, however, require a Google account to use Google Pay.
You can use the service on your phone, tablet, or watch if you have Android 5 Lollipop or later.
In some countries, Google Pay can be used on an iPhone, however you must first add a bank account to your account before you can fund your Google Pay purchases.
Google Pay can also be used to pay money to a bank account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer from Google Pay to PayPal?
Yes, you can link your PayPal account to Google Pay and transfer funds between Google Pay and PayPal.
Can I transfer money from Google Pay to?
Google Pay can only be used to pay for some Google products and in participating stores, apps, and websites. However, you can transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal as shown in this guide.