Netspend and Cash App are two well-known companies in the financial industry, and it is more than crucial to know how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
Cash App, on the other hand, offers more flexibility when sending payments — it has lots of other financial tools that let you manage your finances in an even more convenient and flexible way.
Cash App, unlike Netspend, does not charge huge fees for using their services besides facilitating digital payments.
This makes the Cash App a to-go choice for Netspend cardholders looking to take advantage of all these features.
If you've always been wondering how to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App, keep reading.
To address your request, we've compiled a step-by-step process to help you send money from Netspend to Cash App.
Table of Contents
Does Netspend Work With Cash App?
Yes, Netspend is one of the prepaid cards that work with Cash App.
However, most users have reported Netspend not working with their Cash App.
In this case you'll need to use PayPal as a bridge to transfer funds from Netspend to Cash App since Netspend works with PayPal.
Do I Need My FlashPay ID to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
No, you are not required to have a FlashPay ID to transfer money to Cash App, but you may need your Netspend debit card to transfer the funds.
If you're new to Netspend and aren't familiar with the terms, Flashpay ID is used to send money to friends or coworkers in the same way that a $Cashtag is used in the Cash App, and the NetSpend debit card is similar to a Cash Card in that it can be used to pay for items at physical stores, online websites, and ATMs that accept VISA.
Can You Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
Yes, you can transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
If Cash App does not work with your Netspend card, you can always use PayPal to transfer funds between both platforms.
This would also require you to use a bank account besides PayPal as a bridge for the transaction.
- How to Transfer Money from One Netspend Card to Another [5 Easy Steps]
- How to Get Money Off Netspend Account Without Card [5 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Chime [Step by Step]
How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App Instantly
In a first attempt, you'll need to link your Netspend card to Cash App — in this case you may need your Netspend account and routing number.
If you succeed in linking the card to Cash App, then you should be able to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
Such a transfer is more like transferring money from prepaid card to Cash App.
However, if in case you don't succeed in linking Netspend to Cash App, then the only way to transfer money from your Netspend to Cash App would be to use PayPal as a bridge for the transaction.
Later on, you'll need to move the funds from your PayPal to a bank account that has been linked to your Cash App.
Afterwards, you should be able to add money to your Cash App from your bank account.
Here are the steps you need for using PayPal to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the "Add Money Online" button.
- Select your linked Netspend account to source the funds.
- Enter the amount of money and complete the transfer.
- Netspend Money will appear in your PayPal account in the next 1 to 3 business days.
- Once you receive the money in your PayPal, Go to "My wallet" on PayPal.
- Tap "Transfer Money."
- Choose "Transfer to your bank."
- Select the bank account to deposit the amount withdrawn, then click on "Continue."
- Enter the required amount and click "Next."
- Review your transfer and click on "Transfer Now."
- Once the funds reflect in your bank, Tap the Banking tab from your Cash App home screen.
- Click on "Add Cash."
- Enter the amount you want to add to your balance.
- Tap on the "Add" option.
- Use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm the payment from Netspend to Cash App.
- Top 5 Best International Money Transfer Apps
- Top 5 Best Untraceable Money Transfer Apps
- How To Send Money Anonymously
- How To Send Money Anonymously On Cash App
- How To Send Money With Credit Card On Cash App
- How To Send Money To Cash App Without Cash App
- Can I Use Cash App To Transfer Money To Myself?
- How To Send Money On Cash App Without SSN & ID Verification?
Are There Any Fees Involved When Transferring Money from Netspend to Cash App?
The majority of Cash App transaction services are free of charge.
If you send money with a credit card, however, you will be charged a 3% transaction fee.
To avoid the fees, you can move money from one Netspend card to another, or from a debit card or bank account.
The only other price is an Instant Transfer fee of 1.5 percent of your deposit to your associated Netspend card, with a minimum of $0.25.
When you request a real-time cash transfer to your debit card, you get an instant transfer.
There is no charge for transferring money to your bank account, however you will have to wait 1-3 working days to receive the funds.
How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Netspend
Unlike transferring money from Netspend to Cash App, transferring money from Cash App to Netspend is even easier and does not require PayPal to be used as a bridge.
All you'll need to transfer money from Cash App to Netspend is to use your bank account as a bridge.
Though Netspend does not allow transfers to bank accounts, it however, allows users to add money to their Netspend from their bank accounts.
That said, there are three simple steps to follow to complete this transfer:
- Withdraw money from Cash App to your bank account.
- Link your bank to Netspend.
- Transfer money from your bank to Netspend.
- How To Transfer Google Play Balance To Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Apple Pay To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App | Cash App to Google Pay
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Gobank To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
What to Consider When Using A Netspend Card to Transfer Money
If you don't have access to or don't need a checking account, the Netspend Prepaid Mastercard can help you manage your money.
When transferring money using Netspend on a Mastercard, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Rewards rate: N/A
- Welcome offer: $20 credit when you refer a friend who activates their new card and loads at least $40
- Annual fee: $9.95 per month, $5 for the reduced monthly plan (with $500 direct deposit per month) or $1.50 per purchase if you choose the pay-as-you-go plan
- Purchase intro APR: None
- Balance transfer intro APR: None
- Regular APR: None
1. Current Signup Bonus
This card doesn't come with a sign-up bonus or a welcome gift, but it does include a referral program that can help you improve your balance.
You both get a $20 reward when you refer someone who joins up for a Netspend prepaid card and deposits at least $40 into their account.
You can refer as many individuals as you want and earn $20 for each one.
Netspend offers a free program called Payback Rewards that allows you to earn cashback from some of your favorite stores based on your preferences.
You must activate the deals and use your card at the stores you choose by clicking on them.
Netspend keeps track of the offers you use and credits your cashback account at the end of the month.
The Netspend Prepaid Mastercard has nearly all of the same features as a traditional bank account.
Direct deposit, overdraft protection, online bill pay, money management tools, and more are all available.
4. High APY Savings Account
You can open a free Netspend savings account in combination with your prepaid card account to earn APYs of up to 5% on the first $1,000 you deposit.
It would be beneficial if you transferred funds from your card account to your savings account or set up automatic transfers.
5. Overdraft Protection
For customers who receive at least one direct deposit of $200 or more every 30 days, Netspend offers an optional overdraft protection coverage.
To avoid fees, you'll have a 24-hour grace period.
Unless you overspend your account by less than $10, you'll be charged $15. Netspend may waive your overdraft cost if you overspend a little.
- How To Transfer Money From RushCard To Cash App?
- Does Varo Work With Cash App?
- How To Transfer Money From Square To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Bluebird To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Netspend work with Cash App?
Netspend may work with Cash App in some cases. However, in the case where Cash App declines you Netspend card, you'll need to use PayPal as a bridge to move funds between both accounts.
How do I transfer money from Netspend?
Simply log into your Online Account Center, enter their name, FlashPay ID, and the amount you want to send, and that's it! To receive money, your friends and family just need your name and FlashPay ID, which you can find in your Online Account Center.
Can I transfer money from my Netspend account to another account?
Yes, you can. To transfer money from one NetSpend card to another, you need the other person's name and their FlashPay ID. Simply log into your Online Account Center, then enter their name, FlashPay ID, and the amount you want to send.
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App
Cash App has grown in popularity as a means of transferring money between friends and families.
You may use your Netspend card to receive your paycheck, make online purchases, pay your bills, and send money to friends and family after transferring money from Netspend to Cash App.
It's easy to use, adaptable, and can be recharged in a variety of ways.
Furthermore, transferring money from Netspend to Cash App is still one of the simplest ways to replenish your digital wallet.
Hopefully, the information provided in this post will assist you in completing the transfer without hassle.