However, there are alternative methods available to add funds to your Cash App card.
In this guide, we will explore these alternatives, including depositing cash at participating retailers and transferring money from a bank account to your Cash App card.
Ready? Let's dive in!
Table of Contents
Can I Load My Cash App Card At An ATM?
No, you can't load money on your Cash App Card at an ATM since ATM deposits on Cash App Cards are not supported. Also, Cash App is a peer-to-peer payment payment service—not a bank—and does not own any ATMs.
You can load money onto your Cash App Card in two ways: through your linked bank account or at a participating retailer location.
How To Put Money On Cash App Card At ATM
As earlier said, you cannot put money directly on Cash App card at ATM.
However, there are two indirect ways to put money on your Cash App card at an ATM.
1. Deposit at Participating Retailers
Cash App allows you to deposit paper money into your Cash App balance at participating retailers.
Some of the participating retailers include Walgreens, Walmart, 7-Eleven, and more. You'll be using your Cash App barcode to load money to your card account.
Simply visit a participating store, inform the cashier that you want to deposit money onto your Cash App Card, and show them the barcode on your Cash App. This process is typically known as adding paper money on Cash App.
Hand over the cash to the cashier and the funds will be added to your Cash App balance.
Keep in mind that there is a $1 processing fee for each paper money deposit.
Simply put, to put money on a Cash App card at any participating store:
- Open Cash App on your phone.
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen
- Select Paper Money
- Find a location near you or use the search bar to enter an address
Once you've found a convenient location, use the options to get directions or copy the address into your preferred navigation app.
Also Read: 20 Online Stores That Accept Cash App
2. Transfer from a Bank Account or Card
Alternatively, you can indirectly put money on your Cash App card at an ATM by funding a bank card that has been linked to your Cash App account.
To get started, you will first have to link your bank card to your Cash App account.
Once the linking is done, you can proceed to put money onto your Cash App card at the ATM by using your bank card.
Here is how to put money on a Cash App card at an ATM using a linked bank card.
- Go to an ATM, insert your card, and then enter the PIN code.
- Choose "Deposit."
- Select the account of the money you'd like to deposit.
- Enter the amount of money to deposit, and insert your cash.
- Confirm the dollar amount of your Cash deposit.
- Answer the on-screen display questions and exit them out of the screen.
- The money will be deposited to your bank card and a receipt will be generated for the deposit action.
- Make sure to take your receipt and the bank card with you before leaving the ATM.
Can You Put Cash At an ATM?
Yes, you can deposit cash for a traditional bank-issued card at ATMs, but not all of them.
Most ATM cash deposits can be made at a branch or at in-network ATMs.
Not all ATMs accept cash withdrawals, and not all deposit-enabled ATMs will accept your card or account.
The deposit process varies by bank and financial institution, although depositing cash at an ATM is quite simple.
Keep in mind that you can't put money on a Cash App Card at an ATM, as previously stated.
- How To Send Money With Credit Card On Cash App
- How To Send Money To Cash App Without Cash App
- Can I Use Cash App To Transfer Money To Myself?
- How To Send Money On Cash App Without Debit Card
- What Cards Work With Cash App?
- What Prepaid Cards Work With Cash App?
- How To Send Money Anonymously On Cash App
How Much Money Can You Put On Card At ATM?
Deposit limitations are also available at ATMs, albeit they are less prevalent.
For instance, there is no restriction to the amount of money you can deposit in a Chase ATM; — however, due to the physical design of the ATM machine, which can hold up to 50 bills or 30 checks, there may be a limit to the number of bills you can deposit in a single transaction.
Capital One, for example, imposes a $5,000 cap on one-time cash deposits.
The Navy Federal Credit Union also accepts cards with a daily limit of $10,000.
The amount you can deposit at a Wells Fargo ATM is unlimited.
One of the advantages of depositing cash rather than a check is that your funds will be credited and available more rapidly, regardless of the amount you deposit.
If you use an ATM operated by a different bank, your own bank may charge you a "non-network" ATM fee.
Also Read: Can You Order Food With Cash App?
How to Deposit Money On ATM Without A Card
- At the ATM, tap "Cash deposit without card".
- Type in the account number to deposit cash.
- It will display the name of the account holder.
- Select "Enter" to confirm the displayed account name
- Insert the money in the cash deposit slot and select "Continue".
- The ATM Machine will sort the cash and display the summary.
- Double-check the cash summary and click on "Deposit".
- The money will be deposited and a receipt will be generated.
- How To Transfer Money From Apple Pay To Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Cash App To Apple Pay
- How To Transfer Money From Square To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Gobank To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
Final Thoughts: How to Put Money On Cash App Card At ATM
Cash App is a P2P platform that lets you send and receive money online only and do not own any ATM and because of that, you cannot directly put money on your Cash App Card at an ATM.
However, you can get through restriction by linking a bank card to your Cash App account and funding it at an ATM which will fund your Cash App card automatically. The aforementioned steps will show you how it can be done.