ATMs make it easy to access cash from our bank accounts and bank cards wherever we are.
With recent improvements made on ATMs, you can even use modern ATMs to send money to someone without having to use your phone or visiting a bank branch.
You typically get a Cash Card when you verify your Cash App account and order one for your account.
The Cash App card allows you use your Cash App balance in a more flexible way and is accepted anywhere Visa debit card payments are accepted, be it online or in store.
Adding money to the Cash Card is crucial for using the card.
Given the availability of many deposit-enabled ATMs, most Cash App users usually wonder how to put money on Cash App card at ATM.
To begin with, its good you understand once and for all deposit-enabled ATMs are mostly available for traditional banks, and Cash App is not a traditional bank — meaning putting money on Cash App card at ATM is not possible.
Thankfully, there are a couple of other even more convenient ways to add money to your Cash App card.
To help you out, we've compiled the best ways to put money on Cash App card.
Table of Contents
Can I Load My Cash App Card At An ATM?
No, you can't load money on your Cash App Card at an ATM since ATM deposits on Cash App Cards are not supported.
You can load money onto your Cash App Card in two ways: through your linked bank account or at a participating retailer location.
A bank that solely works online, in which case, Cash App in this example, and also applies to other financial institutions, is unable to deposit any cash at all at an ATM.
The majority of financial institutions that accept ATM deposits only accept them at their own ATMs.
It is not possible to put money directly to your Cash App card from an ATM because Cash App is a peer-to-peer payment platform that does not own any ATMs.
However, you can get around this by transferring money from your traditional bank card to your Cash App Card in a multi-step process.
You simply need to fund your Cash App wallet by adding money to your Card that is linked to your Cash App.
When you use your Cash App card to make purchases online or in stores, you can draw funds immediately from the debit card attached to it.
Also Read: How to Add Money to Cash App Without Debit Card
Can You Put Cash At an ATM?
Yes, you can deposit cash for a traditional bank-issued card at ATMs, but not all of them.
Most ATM cash deposits can be made at a branch or at in-network ATMs.
Not all ATMs accept cash withdrawals, and not all deposit-enabled ATMs will accept your card or account.
The deposit process varies by bank and financial institution, although depositing cash at an ATM is quite simple.
Keep in mind that you can't put money on a Cash App Card at an ATM, as previously stated.
- How To Send Money With Credit Card On Cash App
- How To Send Money To Cash App Without Cash App
- Can I Use Cash App To Transfer Money To Myself?
- How To Send Money On Cash App Without Debit Card
- What Cards Work With Cash App?
- What Prepaid Cards Work With Cash App?
- How To Send Money Anonymously On Cash App
How to Put Money on Cash App Card at ATM
As earlier said, you cannot put money directly on Cash App card at ATM.
Cash App allow users deposit money to their Cash App cards at any participating retailer locations such as Walmart, 7-Eleven.
To put money on Cash App card an any participating store:
- Open Cash App on your phone.
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen
- Select Paper Money
- Find a location near you or use the search bar to enter an address
Once you've found a convenient location, use the options to get directions or copy the address into your preferred navigation app.
Also Read: 20 Online Stores That Accept Cash App
Alternatively, you can indirectly put money on your Cash App card at an ATM by funding a bank card that has been linked to your Cash App account.
To get started, you will first have to link your bank card to your Cash App account.
Once linking done, you can now proceed putting money onto your Cash App card at ATM by using your bank card.
Here is how to put money on Cash App card at ATM using a linked bank card.
- Go to an ATM, insert your card, then enter the PIN code.
- Choose "Deposit."
- Select the account of the money you'd like to deposit.
- Enter the amount of money to deposit, and insert your cash.
- Confirm the dollar amount of your Cash deposit.
- Answer the on-screen display questions and exit them out of the screen.
- The money will be deposited to your bank card and a receipt will be generated for the deposit action.
- Make sure to take your receipt and the bank card with you before leaving the ATM.
Also Read: How to Pay With Cash App In Store Without Card
How Much Money Can You Put On Card At ATM?
Deposit limitations are also available at ATMs, albeit they are less prevalent.
For instance, there is no restriction to the amount of money you can deposit in a Chase ATM; — however, due to the physical design of the ATM machine, which can hold up to 50 bills or 30 checks, there may be a limit to the number of bills you can deposit in a single transaction.
Capital One, for example, imposes a $5,000 cap on one-time cash deposits.
The Navy Federal Credit Union also accepts cards with a daily limit of $10,000.
The amount you can deposit at a Wells Fargo ATM is unlimited.
One of the advantages of depositing cash rather than a check is that your funds will be credited and available more rapidly, regardless of the amount you deposit.
If you use an ATM operated by a different bank, your own bank may charge you a "non-network" ATM fee.
Also Read: Can You Order Food With Cash App?
How to Deposit Money On ATM Without Card
- At the ATM, tap "Cash deposit without card".
- Type-in the account number to deposit cash.
- It will display the name of the account holder.
- Select "Enter" to confirm the displayed account name
- Insert the money in the cash deposit slot and select "Continue".
- The ATM Machine will sort the cash and display the summary.
- Double-check the cash summary and click on "Deposit".
- The money will be deposited and a receipt will be generated.
Final Thoughts: How to Put Money On Cash App Card At ATM
Cash App is a P2P platform that lets you send and receive money online only and do not own any ATM and because of that, you cannot directly put money on your Cash App Card at ATM.
However, you can get through restriction by linking a bank card to your Cash App account and funding it at an ATM which will fund your Cash App card automatically. The aforementioned steps will show you how it can be done.
Post a Comment