Cash App is a P2P payment service that allows users send and receive money safely and conveniently.
The company noticed a increasing growth in its number of users over the past years which shows how people keep trusting the Cash App for their financial transaction.
The best is, getting started Cash App is very straightforward — all you'll have to do is to download the app, signup and start sending money.
However, you'll basically need to add money to your Cash App balance before you can be able to send money — debit cards are usually used by most users to add money to their Cash App balance.
Thankfully, there are some ways to add money to Cash App without debit card in case you don't have a debit card and if you're wondering how, keep reading.
To address this issue, we've compiled the different ways to add money to Cash App without debit card.
Table of Contents
Can You Add Cash to Cash App Without Debit Card?
Yes, you can add cash to Cash App without debit card by receiving funds from other users, through a bank account or via check deposit.
How to Add Money to Cash App Without a Debit Card
Adding money to Cash App with a debit card is one great way to add funds to your Cash App account. However, a debit card is not the only way to top up your account.
That said, here are some ways to add money to Cash App without debit card.
1. Receive Funds from Someone Else
A great way to add funds into your account is by receiving money.
You can give a friend or relative physical cash in exchange for a Cash App balance.
All you need to do is to share your username or $Cashtag with the sender.
Cash App to Cash App transactions are instant, so you won't have to wait days for your money to show up in your account.
You can request money from someone else by following the steps outlined below.
- Log in to your Cash App account.
- Navigate to the dollar sign "$" tab.
- Input the amount of money you’re requesting.
- Enter the email, $Cashtag, or mobile number of the person you are requesting money from.
- Click Request.
Also Read: Restaurants & Delivery That Accept Cash App
2. Use a Bank Account
You can fund your Cash App with money from your bank account. The first step is to add your bank account to Cash App as shown below.
- Login to Cash App
- Click on the "Banking" tab on your screen.
- Select "Link Bank".
- Follow the prompts.
Once you've linked your bank account to Cash App, follow the steps below to add money to your Cash App account from your bank.
- Tap the "Banking" tab on your screen.
- Click "Add Cash."
- Enter the amount to add.
- Tap "Add".
- Confirm using your Touch ID or enter your PIN.
Also Read: Online Stores That Accept Cash App
3. Use Mobile Check Deposits
Cash App is one of the instant check cashing apps that allows users deposit checks into their accounts.
Following this, you can use this method as a way to add money to your Cash App account without debit card.
If you get a paycheck, you're in a great position to deposit it into your bank account.
To add money to Cash App without debit card through mobile check deposit:
- Open Cash App on your mobile device.
- Select the "Balance" tab on the home screen.
- Scroll down and choose the "Deposit a Check" option.
- Enter the deposit amount of the check.
- Take a photo of both sides of the check using your phone's camera.
- Confirm transaction details.
To add money to Cash App without debit card in-store:
- Open Cash App on your mobile device.
- Select the "Bank" icon on the home screen.
- Select "Paper Money."
- Select a nearby retail location to deposit money.
- Once confirmed, go to your selected location.
- Visit the store counter and inform the employee of your transaction.
- Opt to "Show Barcode" and follow the prompts.
- Once your barcode is scanned, the process is complete.
- You'll receive your money with fees deducted from the transfer.
Regardless of whether you have a Cash App card, you can deposit money into your account using the paper money option.
Tell the cashier to scan your QR code if they ask to swipe or insert your card to make the deposit.
Typically, a $1 transaction fee is charged when you put money into your Cash App account.
A minimum deposit of $5 and a maximum amount of $500 are also required.
Cash App paper money deposits are limited to $1,000 each rolling seven days and $4,000 every rolling thirty days. Bring your ID as well, in case it needs to be verified.
But because the function is still being implemented, not all Cash App users have access to deposits made with paper money.
Therefore, before adding money to Cash App without a debit card, make sure you're using the latest version of the app.
- How To Put Money On Cash App Card At ATM [Complete Guide]
- How to Add Money to Cash App Card
- How To Add Money To Cash App Card At 7 Eleven
- How To Add Money To Cash App Card At Walmart
- How to Add Money to Cash App Without Debit Card [3 Easy Steps]
- How To Send Money With Credit Card On Cash App
- How To Send Money To Cash App Without Cash App
- Can I Use Cash App To Transfer Money To Myself?
- What Cards Work With Cash App?
- What Prepaid Cards Work With Cash App?
How to Add Money to Cash App Card Without Bank Account
To add money to a Cash App Card without a bank account, ask your Cash App-using friends and family to send money to your wallet, which you may then pay in cash.
Although there are Cashing costs, you can load your cash app card at the above-mentioned establishments.
It doesn't require a bank account or a visit to your local Walmart unless you want to use your Cash App wallet for direct deposit, in which case your Cash App bank name, account and routing number are required.
To load your Cash App Card, go to any of the locations listed above and follow the instructions. You can make a cash payment once the money have been sent to your account.
You could only put money on your Cash App card with a debit card or a bank account a few years ago.
However, many larger convenience outlets, such as Walmart, Dollar General, CVS, and 7-Eleven, now allow you to load money onto your cash app card.
You can still add funds to your Cash App Card even if you don't have access to a bank account.
Also Read: How To Get Free Money On Cash App
How to Add Money to Cash App from PayPal Using Linked Bank Account
If you have PayPal balance, you might want to transfer some funds to your Cash App account.
You cannot, however, transfer money directly from PayPal to Cash App.
A bank account must be used as a middleman to complete the transaction.
That means you'll need to link your bank account to PayPal and then add it to Cash App.
That said, here's how to add a bank account to your PayPal account.
- Log in to your PayPal account and navigate to your Wallet.
- Select Link a bank. (When using the app, hit on the Menu tab, then Banks and Cards.)
- Search your bank or choose it from the list.
- Enter your banking details for your online account to instantly link your account with your PayPal account. You can also add your bank account manually by selecting Link your bank another way. PayPal will send two small deposits of $1 to your bank account to test whether it is working.
You can then transfer money to the bank account after successfully linking the same bank you linked to Cash App to PayPal.
This process can take up to three days.
You can connect into your Cash App account and add money to your Cash App account using the exact method described above after the funds have reflected in your bank account.
You might want to check these best free bank accounts to use with PayPal.
How to Get Cash App Barcode to Load Money?
The Cash App barcode can be used at any participating retailer to load money onto Cash App accounts.
To get Cash App barcode to load money:
- Open Cash App on your mobile device.
- Select the "Bank" icon on the home screen.
- Choose "Paper Money."
- Select a nearby location to deposit money.
- Check for the option "Show Barcode."
How to Use Cash App Barcode to Load Money?
Once you got your Cash App barcode, you'll want to know how you can actually use it to add money to your Cash App account balance.
To use Cash App barcode to load money:
- Go to any of Cash App's participating retailer location.
- Tap "Show Barcode" and follow the prompts.
- Scan the barcode to complete the process..
- You'll receive your money with fees deducted.
Make sure you tap the Show Barcode option only when you're already at the store because it is only valid for 30 minutes.
- How To Transfer Money From RushCard To Cash App?
- Does Varo Work With Cash App?
- How To Transfer Money From Square To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Bluebird To Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Prepaid Card To Cash App
Can I Use Someone Else's Bank Account to Add Money to Cash App?
You can add money to your Cash App account by using someone else's online bank account.
They must, however, furnish you with their online logging information in order for you to input the bank account information.
You can add the account in the same way that your bank account is added.
Other money transfer platforms, such as PayPal and Venmo, do not, however, allow you to add a non-personal bank account.
This is because some fraudsters may utilize the method to steal money by adding other people's account information.
How Can I Send Money Using Cash App?
You can transfer money to their accounts in addition to having others send money to your Cash App account. To complete the process, simply follow the steps below.
- Open your Cash App mobile app.
- Enter the amount of money to send.
- Select "Pay."
- Enter the "$Cashtag" or email address or phone number.
- Enter why you are sending the money.
- Select "Pay."
Cash App allows you to send money to other Cash App users in real time.
The recipient will be able to see who sent the money.
If you want to send money anonymously, you can do so as long as your account is verified.
How to Transfer Funds from Cash App to a Bank Account
You can also use the Cash App to transfer money to your bank account if you link it to your Cash App. You can send money from the Cash App to your bank account in the following ways.
- Hit on the Balance tab on your home screen.
- Select Cash Out.
- Choose the amount to cash out and press Cash Out.
- Choose your deposit speed.
- Confirm with your PIN or Touch ID.
To deposit money into your bank account, you have two alternatives.
There are two types of transfers; — instant and standard.
The fast transfer ensures that funds are immediately available in your debit card account. A 1.5 percent fee must be paid (with a minimum of $0.25).
Standard transactions are free, and monies are transferred to your bank account within three days.
Can I Add Money to my Cash App Visa Debit Card with Credit Card?
Unfortunately, as of this writing, Cash App does not allow users to add money to their accounts using credit cards.
However, you may link your credit card and using on Cash App but you wouldn't be able to use it as funding source for your account.
Cash App also allows you to purchase BTC and stock.
However, you will not be able to add money to your Cash App card.
As moving funds from a credit card to a Cash App account is not available, you may want to consider another option. Alternatively, you might go to a store.
Also Read: How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
How Can You Add Money to Your Cash App Card in Store?
Stores such as Walmart, CVC, Walgreen, Target let you load money to your Cash App account.
You can also load money onto your Cash App Visa Debit card with the help of the cashier.
It's worth mentioning, though, that if you don't put money onto your Cash App card, the cashier may charge you.
- How To Transfer Google Play Balance To Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Cash App To Apple Pay
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App | Cash App to Google Pay
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Gobank To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
How to Open a Cash App Account
You can create a Cash App account using your web browser or by installing Cash App from the Google Play Store or the App Store, depending on your phone's operating system.
You should never download a sensitive app from an untrustworthy website since it might be hacked. Viruses may be present in such programs, which can harm your smartphone.
It is more secure to use your phone to open the Cash App. When the application is complete, open it and input your email address in the supplied field.
It makes no difference who provides your email service as long as it is operational.
Alternatively, you can begin by entering your phone number.
Following that, you will receive a confirmation code by email or phone.
You'll be asked to enter your debit card information after you've confirmed your account. To assist you fund your transactions, you can add a debit card linked to a US bank account or a bank account.
Type your entire name after that.
The next step is to choose your $Cashtag, which is a unique username via which people can send you money.
The $Cashtag username, as previously said, allows you to get money from others when you share it with them. Finally, to finish your application, enter your ZIP code.
When you create a Cash App account, you'll be given a unique username that begins with $Cashtag and continues with other characters.
Others can send money to your account using the $Cashtag. When sending money to others, you also utilize their $cashtag.
You can, however, transfer money to a receiver using their phone number or email address. Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer app in general.
For your convenience, here's how to open and verify a Cash App account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I add money to Cash App without card?
You can do paper money deposits to your Cash App account at participating retailers such as Walmart (Customer Service Desk/ Money Centers), Walgreens, Duane Reade, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, GoMart, Sheetz, Kum & Go.
Why can't I add cash to my Cash App?
If you can't add cash to the cash app card then perhaps it was due to a card number mistake, an expired debit/credit card, or insufficient funds or you have accessed the Cash app.
Can you use Cash App without a card?
Yes, you can use Cash App without a card, but that would only be possible online through the Cash App mobile application. You can't use Cash App without card for online or in-store shopping.
Can you link a bank account to Cash App without debit card?
Yes, you can link a bank account to your Cash App account even when you don't have a debit card. This, however, does not exempt you from performing some transactions on Cash App.
Final Thoughts on How to Add Money to Cash App Without Debit Card
Cash App offers a more convenient way to send and receive money to friends and relatives using the platform.
You cannot send money if you don't have a funds in your account. A great way to fund your account is using a debit card or a linked bank account.
However, there are some few ways to add money to Cash App without debit card such as receiving money from someone else. Check deposits are also great ways to top up your account.
One thing that is sure is, you will find a convenient way for your to add money to Cash App without debit card from this article.