With over 44 million active users, Cash App is one of the payment money transfer and payment services that have definitely come to stay.
Unlike some of its competitors, Cash App allow both verified and unverified users use their money transfer services, but unverified users can only transfers funds within some limits — they are only allowed to send £250 within any given 7-day period, and receive to £500 within any 7-day period.
Though these limits might be convenient and enough for many, if you're a Cash App enthousiast, you should be aware of the other benefits you'll enjoy if you verify your identity on Cash App, and if the app's limit has been convenient for you, then its good time to hit a non restricted version of the app.
To help you out, we've compiled a step by step proceed to verify your identity on Cash App.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Verify My Identity On Cash App?
For most users, creating a Cash App account and getting started with Cash App's limited features (that's without verification) is more than sufficient for them since they don't know much about the platform yet — all they are looking to do at first glance is to transfer money.
The following are the benefits you'll get when you verify your identity on Cash App:
- You'll be able to transfer more than the restricted amount set for your account.
- Your account will be eligible for the free Cash App debit card.
- You'll be able to use other features of the app such as Cash App bitcoin, direct deposits.
- Verification helps protect your account from fraudulent transactions, thereby making it more secure.
Also Read: Is Cash App Anonymous?
How To Verify My Identity On Cash App
Unlike most users might think, verifying your identity on Cash App is very easy and straightforward as long as you have all the documentation required for the verification.
You'll need the following to verify your identity on Cash App:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have a Social Security number (US customers).
- Provide your date of birth.
You may also be asked to take a selfie and a photo of your driver's license or state identification card (US Customers).
To verify your identity on Cash App:
- Open Cash App on your phone.
- Tap "Balance" and scroll down to the fund's section.
- Select the "Add Card" tab
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and provide all your personal information — including your name, date of birth, card number, expiration date, and CVV number.
- Next, go to your profile and provide your SSN.
- Grant Camera access to Cash App and take photos of any of your preferred government-approved ID documents (can be your driver's license or state identification card).
- Submit your request.
- The verification process can take 24 hours to get a confirmation for approval.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How To Verify Identity On Cash App Bitcoin
When you verify your identity on Cash App, it automatically makes your account eligible for the Cash App bitcoin.
So, to verify your identity on Cash App bitcoin, all you'll need to do is to verify your account through the steps mentioned above.
Also Read: My Cash App Was Hacked What Do I Do?
How To Verify Cash App On Android
The steps for verifying Cash App are basically the same across all devices.
To verify Cash App on Android, all you'll need to do is to provide your SSN, take photos of your ID, then submit your request through the app.
How To Verify Identity On Cash App Without ID
Identity verification basically means you have to submit your ID for the app to verify you are the legal owner of the account.
That said, you can't verify your identity on Cash App without ID.
However, in case you're under 18 years of age and don't have ID, you can still use Cash App with Cash Families; — in the mean time, your account would only be able to send £250 within any given 7-day period, and receive to £500 within any 7-day period.
How Long Is Cash App Verification Process Time?
Cash App verification process time is usually between 1 and 48 hours or two business days.
Thankfully, the app does not restricts its other features during the verification process so you can still use the normal features unverified accounts use.
Also Read: What Happens When Money Is Refunded On Cash App?
How Do I Know If My Cash App Is Verified?
Once you verify your identity on Cash App, you'll receive an email and a push notification from the app confirming that your identity has been verified.
Once you see that, your spending limit will immediately be lifted and you should be able to access more features of the app such as the Cash App bitcoin, buying and selling of stocks and at times, the borrow feature that will allow you to borrow money from Cash App.
Also Read: How To See Someone's Cash App History
What Is The Cash App Limit After Verification?
Once your identity has been verified, you will be allowed to send up to $7,500 per week.
You'll also be able to receive an unlimited amount of cash from your contacts and use features like Bitcoin withdrawals and IRS tax reporting for personal accounts.
The most significant advantage of verifying your Cash App identity is that your Cash App limit is greatly enhanced.
You will be able to send up to $7,500 every week after you become a verified Cash App user.
You will also be able to receive an unlimited amount of money from your contacts and use features such as Bitcoin withdrawals and tax reporting.
You can also take advantage of Cash App perks such as direct deposit via Cash Card and a free personalized debit card to use at free ATMs.
However, as part of the IRS tax forms requirement, you will be required to fill out 1099-K and 1099-B tax forms.
Why Can't Cash App Verify My Identity?
There are many reasons to look into if Cash App can't verify your identity including;
- Under 18 Years of Age — Because of legal requirements, Cash App can only verify users above the age of 18. For instance, a 15 year Cash App account requires the approval of an adult.
- Incorrect Information — Cash App might not be able to verify your identity if you've submitted incorrect information, which is why it is always recommended to double-check details before submitting them.
- Unclear Submitted ID Photos — In most cases, Cash App can't verify accounts whose ID are not clear when on the photographs. Make sure your documents are clear when submitting them to Cash App.
Why Does Cash App Verify My Social Security Number And Driver's License Number?
To receive all of the benefits of a verified Cash App account, you must supply your SSN as well as a driver's license or other government-issued ID proof.
Cash App App works legally, and every transaction on Cash App is submitted to government when the need arises agencies in order to track and avoid scams.
Cash App adheres with FINRA regulations, and as mobile banks, like all banks, are required to collect similar information and verify your identification in order for FINRA to monitor accounts for major transactions in order to track known fraudsters.
It is especially necessary for large-amount transactions or for selling and buying bitcoins and stocks on Cash App.
How To Verify Cash App If Under 18
To verify Cash App if under 18, the under-18 user must provide a parent or guardian's name, phone number, email address, or $Cashtag.
When the app detects a user between the ages of 13 and 17, the underage user will be prompted.
The authorized user must be a legitimate guardian, not just anyone. Until the account is approved, you will receive a decline for your safety.
The legal owner of the account is the adult responsible, and the youngster is technically only an authorized user.
As a result, the adult can view and trace transactions in their monthly statements.
Furthermore, the over-18 guardian has the authority to deactivate the Cash App card and account at any moment.
- Tap the "Activity" tab on the home screen.
- Tap View under "Request for Approval."
- Review the terms and conditions before approving.
What Can Minors Do On Cash App?
Anyone is allowed to download the Cash App and create an account, but as a minor, you'll only be allowed to do the following:
- Send, receive, or request USD payments ($1000 per 30 days).
- Withdrawals from balance ($25,000 per 7 days).
- Add cash-to-cash balance ($1000 per 30 days).
- Transactions on Cash Cards and withdrawals from ATMs.
- Do Direct Deposit.
- Use Cash App at restaurants that accept Cash App.
- Boost instant rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to verify my identity on Cash App?
Verification is not an obligation for using Cash App features, but if you need to unlock your limits on the app, then you got to verify your identity.
How do I verify my Cash App without SSN?
You can't verify your Cash App without SSN but you can transfer money through the app without SSN within some limits.
Why is Cash App asking for SSN?
Cash App asks for SSN during identity verification to comply with legal regulations from agencies like FINRA and IRS.
Why when I try to send money on Cash App it say I need to verify my account?
If you send or receive more than the limit, you will be prompted to verify your account with your full name, date of birth and address in order to keep Cash App secure.
Cash App is a popular P2P payment service that allow users send and receive payments safely and conveniently.
When you first download the Cash App mobile app and create an account, you'll be allowed to use limited features of the app which can be lifted once you verify your identity on Cash App.
Thankfully, the process for verifying identity on Cash App is easy and straightforward and all you'll need is to be 18+ of age, your SSN and ID.
Once you submit your identification, Cash App will typically take 48 hours to verify your identity and you'll be able to use all the features of the Cash App.