Google Pay is a great payment app which can be used to pay for goods and services online in Google Apps and participating store.
Transferring money from Google Pay to a bank account can be a great way to manage your funds in a more flexible manner.
Google Pay is a web-based payment service that allows users to make real-time payments from or to their bank accounts via the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
The best part of Google Pay is you can send money to a bank account without charges. You won't be required to cover any charges to wire money to your bank or any other bank account.
Google Pay even lets you send money to other bank accounts that aren't in your payment methods list. Meaning, you may be able to transfer money from Google Pay to any Checking account without fees.
To transfer money from Google Pay to a bank account, all you'll need is an internet connection, a mobile number and a bank account number which you will use to transfer the money conveniently.
Google Pay also lets you transfer money to PayPal.
PayPal is a well-known payment platform that lets you conveniently send and receive money online without having to visit a bank.
You can also transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App. These are just some other alternatives of sending money from Google Pay to a bank account.
That said, in this article, I will show you how to transfer money from Google Pay to a bank account without charges.
You may also learn how to transfer money from Google Pay to other bank account that is not in your available payment methods.
What is Google Pay and How Does it Work?
Google Pay (also known as G Pay) is one of Google's fast-growing digital wallets for online, in-person, and in-person payments. You can transfer money to a bank account with this app, as well as many others.
Google Pay was created with the intention of allowing users to make in-app payments, but it may now be used for a variety of transactions.
Because only Android phones could use Google Pay at first, it was dubbed Android Pay.
However, you may now use the program on an iPhone or iPad. Users in the United States and India can utilize their iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches to manage their Google Pay accounts.
Google Pay encrypts the newly tokenized card and it is ready to be used for payments
To make a purchase, a customer taps their mobile device on a point-of-sale terminal or chooses to pay in your mobile app.
Google Pay responds with the customer's tokenized card and a cryptogram which acts as a one-time-use password. - Google Support.
Can I Transfer Money from Google Pay to a Bank Account?
Yes. You can transfer money from Google Pay to your linked bank account.
In fact, Google Pay requires a bank account to work properly since it will be used to create a UPI PIN for your account.
Once you add your bank account to Google Pay, you may withdraw funds to your bank without fees and without hassle.
You may even transfer money from Google Pay to other bank account if you are a resident of the United States or India.
Besides, you wouldn't have to pay charges to complete the transfer of funds from Google Pay to bank account.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank Account Without Charges
If you have money in your Google Pay account and need to transfer it to your bank account, you may do so with a few taps on your phone.
Google Pay lets you transfer money to your bank account without charges. This can be done in 3 steps as outlined below:
Step 1: Setup a Google Pay Account
Before you sign up for Google Pay, make sure your phone is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. You must also be at least 18 years old and have all of the required identity documents
Then, to set up your Google Pay account, follow the instructions below.
- Download the Google Pay app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the app
- Select Create Wallet
- Enter your GP/skitto number
- Choose a preferred PIN and enter the reference code in case you were invited.
- Hit create wallet and follow prompts.
If you have another contactless payment app on your phone, you can make Google Pay your default payment app.
To finish, go to your phone's settings and set Google Pay as your default payment app. This, however, should be based on your personal interests and choices.
Step 2: Add Your Bank Account to Google Pay
Google Pay needs a payment method to work.
The most convenient payment method for Google Pay is a bank account.
You can add your bank account to Google Pay with the following steps:
- Open Google Pay.
- At the top right, tap your photo. Bank account.
- Tap Add bank account.
- Choose your bank from the list.
- Select the account you want to add from the list of accounts that shows up.
- Next, you will have to verify your mobile number with the bank.
- After that, enter your UPI PIN correctly.
- You can add your debit card details to verify your account (if you don't have the UPI PIN).
Step 3: Transfer Money from Google Pay to Your Bank Account
Finally, you will need to send money from Google Pay to your bank account.
You can follow the steps below to transfer money form Google Pay to bank account:
- Open Google Pay.
- Click on your profile icon on the top right of the home screen.
- Just underneath your profile, click on "Google Pay balance".
- Tap "Transfer out".
- Enter the amount to transfer and click "Next".
- Choose a payment method (in which case should be your bank)
- Finally, tap "Transfer out".
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Other Bank Account (External Account)
Google Pay lets you transfer money to other bank account that is not found in your payments methods.
However, this is not available in all countries.
You can transfer money from Google Pay to other bank account with the steps below:
- Open Google Pay on your mobile device.
- On the home screen tap "New payment", it will take you to payment options.
- Select "Bank transfer" on the next screen.
- Once you select bank transfer, you'll be required to provide the following details:
Recipient account number and re-enter once again.
- Submit these details and proceed by clicking "Continue".
- Enter the amount you want to send. You may add a description if you want.
- On the next page, select a bank account and tap Proceed to pay.
- Enter your UPI PIN to complete the transaction.
Can I Use Google Pay Without Bank Account?
To be frank, you can't use Google Pay without bank account because even if you use it with a debit card, your debit card must be linked to a bank account which acts as a funding source.
However, you'll have better services if you have a bank account linked to your G Pay account.
It's also worth noting that you can't utilize another person's bank account.
You must use your bank account to utilize Google Pay.
If your bank account information does not match your Google Pay account profile information, transactions will fail.
As a result, you won't be able to send money from your G Pay account to someone else's bank account.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Debit Card
You can transfer money from Google Pay to debit card if the card is already linked to your account.
To transfer money from Google Pay to debit card, you need to add your card as a payment method in your Google Pay account before you may withdraw money to the card.
Here are the steps to add your debit card to Google Pay:
- Sign in to the payment methods section at pay.google.com
- Click Add payment method at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on Add credit or debit card
- Enter your debit card information
- If you're required to verify your payment method, choose an option from the available list
- Follow instructions on the screen
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank Account?
A complete transfer from Google Pay to Bank account may take 1 to 3 business days to arrive your bank account.
You may track your transaction progress by going to the Insights tab and checking under all of the "All transactions" sections.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
You can directly transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal because Google Pay integrates with PayPal.
However, PayPal will not be available for Google Pay users in unsupported countries. You can still transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal if you use a linked bank account.
That said, here is a complete guide to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App
Unlike it is the case with PayPal, you can directly transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App.
This is because Google Pay does not integrate with Cash App and this makes a direct transfer of money between both apps impossible.
However, you can use an indirect method to transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App which involves the use of a linked bank account. The same process goes the other way round.
That said, here is a complete guide to transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App.
How To Check Bank Account Balance in Google Pay?
Google Pay is a Google service that allows you to pay for products online.
Follow these steps to check your Google Pay bank balance:
- Open the Google Pay application on your mobile device.
- Tap on the profile icon. Google Pay's profile icon is on the top right side of the screen.
- Now, There's a list of all linked bank accounts under "Payment Methods".
- Tap on the bank account of which you want to check the bank balance.
- On the next screen, there will be a "View Account Balance". Tap on it.
- Enter your UPI PIN.
- Google Pay application will show your bank account balance.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay Using a Mobile Number
- Choose the Phone number option under Transfer money.
- Now, enter the mobile number of the person you want to send money to or tap the small contact icon to choose the phone number.
- Tap the blue Pay button at the bottom.
- Enter the amount and add a note.
- Now, choose the bank account you would like to use to make this payment.
- Tap Pay and enter your UPI PIN.
- Then, tap submit and your transaction will be successful.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay To a Mobile Number
Open Google Pay on your Android or iOS device. Tap the New Payment option at the bottom of the screen.
Choose the Bank Transfer option. Now, enter the account number of the person you wish to send money to, re-enter the same account number, fill in the IFSC code and lastly, type the name of the recipient.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to iPhone
To transfer money from Google Pay to iPhone, open Google Pay and tap "New payment" in the screen, it will take you to payment options where you need to tap Bank transfer option.
Once you chose bank transfer, the screen will ask for the recipient account number and re-enter once again.
However, you may be required to install the iOS app on your iPhone.
How to Install Google Pay in iPhone
- Download Google Pay on phones running iOS 10.0 or higher.
- Enter your phone number.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Follow the instructions to secure your Google Pay app and add a bank account. Fix problems verifying your phone number.
Why Did I Get the "Transaction cannot be completed" Error?
You may get a transaction error when transferring funds from your Google Pay account to a bank account for a variety of reasons.
The following are some of them:
- There are some issues with your account. Maybe you haven't verified your account yet, which you should do right now.
- To fund the transfer to your transaction, you're utilizing a credit card. G Pay does not allow you to send money using a credit card.
- In your Profile options, your name and address do not match. You must provide your real names for your mailing address.
- If you're sending money to another G Pay account, it's possible that their account is having problems, and you should advise them to check their notifications area if this is the case.
- You're using a G Pay account that's more than a year old. Google Pay now demands that you update your app to the most recent version.
If you can't find a related reason from the aforementioned ones, you may contact Google Pay Support for assistance.
Which Countries Support Google Pay?
It's crucial to know that Google Pay isn't available in every country. Google Pay is available in around 30 countries as of this writing, including the ones listed below.
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine.
Is it Safe to Use Google Pay?
Because Google Pay has excellent security to prevent online fraud, you can use it without fear of losing your money.
You can add your bank and debit card information to your G Pay account at any time and anticipate the best services possible.
No one can know your bank account or routing numbers because it is difficult to access your account without the login information.
Moreover, no one can withdraw money with your account number.
To successfully steal from you, a thief must have both the account and routing numbers.
It is not, however, easy for someone to steal from you.
Can I Close My Google Pay Account?
You can close your Google Pay account if you no longer want to use it, as G Pay will never force you to keep it active.
You must spend all of the money in your account before it expires, as you will lose it if your account is closed.
You should also be aware of the implications of closing your Google Pay account.
You will never be able to see your transaction history, make online purchases, or send money to others.
You lose all data regarding your debit cards, bank transfers, and transaction history, among other things, when you shut your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get money from Google to my bank account?
To transfer money from Google Pay to your bank account, go to your profile and tap Google Pay balance, then tap Transfer Out.
Can I withdraw money from Google Pay?
Yes. You can transfer out money from Google Pay to a debit card or bank account. With a debit card, the transfer time is usually quick (within minutes), but you'll be charged a small fee (1.5% or $0.31 if you are transferring less than $20.70). Bank account transfer time can take 1-3 business days.
Does Google Pay charge a fee for bank transfer?
No, Google Pay does not charge a fee for a bank transfer.
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank Account
Google Pay is a Google-owned online payment service.
You can send and receive money from other Google Pay users, as well as transfer money to a bank account, using the app.
The app does not work in every region, so check first to see if yours is supported before attempting to open an account.
You can transfer money from Google Pay to a bank account without fees.
The transfer generally takes 1 to 3 business days to complete.
You can even transfer money from Google Pay to other bank account which is not available in your payments methods.
If you no longer want to use your Google Pay account, you may close it.
However, consider using all the money in your account or transferring it to a bank before closing the account if not, you will lose the money in the account.
Post a Comment