Do you want to setup Google Voice in Canada? This one is well hunted by residents of Canada since for the past years now, Google Voice was not available in Canada and as other residents of countries where Google Voice wasn't available, when Canadians tried to get the Google Voice Virtual US number, they were told Google Voice is not available in your country".
This was so frustrating as the many residents of Canada owned financial assets in the US such as Bank Accounts and Credit Cards and the best way they could access these properties was with a valid US number. This made things really difficult even for US citizens residing in Canada to access a lot from their home country.
Though there are many Google Voice alternatives for Canada such as Twilio US/Canadian virtual phone number but, the best of all is Google Voice since it is a verified service and product by Google and well recognized in the United States.
The period of frustration with Google Voice for Canadian residents soon ended, as Google Voice became available for Canada in May 6, 2020. This Google Voice number was made available for Canadian Google Workspace users, adding it to the collection of Google apps for Canada. Now just as US residents, Canadian residents can now start making business calls more effectively with the same logic as before.
With Google Voice made available in Canada, there are now a total of 11 Countries that are officially supported by Google Voice now. Those that see Google Voice not available in your country anytime you want to get the Google Voice number, you can always use this ultimate trick to get a Google Voice Number Outside the US from any country.
That said, in this article, we will show you how to get a Google Voice number in Canada, what to expect from the service and the different features of every Google Voice account you should expect to have.
Table of Contents
What is Google Voice?
Google Voice is a telephone service that provides a U.S. phone number to Google Account customers in the U.S. and Google Works customers in Canada, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Google Voice is a voicemail service from Google that enables users to send free text messages, customize their voicemail, read voicemail text transcript, and many more.
Google Voice was previously available in 10 countries and as from May 6 2020, Google Voice became available for Google G Suite customers as announced by Google Blog "Google Voice now generally available in Canada" and now, Google Voice has a total of 11 Countries where it exercises its services by giving free US numbers to residents of these countries.
As per Google Blog, here is a quick summary of the Google Voice for Canada:
Google Voice is now available in Canada. This means that:
- G Suite customers based in Canada can now sign up for Google Voice.
- Google Voice customers in Canada, as well as international customers with Google Voice Premier edition, can assign numbers with Canada country codes (+1) to users.
- Soon, customers will be able to port existing +1 numbers in Canada to Google Voice. Follow the G Suite Updates blog to see when this becomes available.
Google Voice is a cloud-based phone system that’s optimized for businesses of all sizes. Customers can use it to deploy and manage phone numbers at scale with the intelligence and security of Google Cloud.
Google Voice offers:
- Smart cloud telephony for end users
- Simple provisioning and management for admins
- Easy adoption and migration at scale
All of this turned to the advantage of Canadian Workspace users as the other 10 countries were enjoy these service, Canada can now take part of the show.
How does Google Voice Works?
When you sign up for Google Voice using your Gmail, you will be given one phone number that will be sync across all your devices and locations that work with mobile phones, desk phones, work phones, and VoIP lines.
With this, you can access and manage all your devices with just a single number and you will be able to choose which phone you want to ring for specific calls.
What Can I Do With Google Voice
Google voice has some features that let you manage your calls and customize your devices, however, Google Voice can do beyond that and has some features that are considered as key features in the service in Canada.
Those considered as the priority or key features are marked with an asterisk below.
Here are some of the key features that you will Get with Google Voice in Canada and other available countries:
- Accept and send calls within the Google Voice app whether it be on desktop or mobile
- Unlimited calls within Canada
- Reading voicemails in your email inbox
- Use a Google Voice number from any location*
- Forward calls to up to 6 phone numbers
- Do not disturb features that allow you to use your Calendar settings to handle your calls
- Keep track of calling rate billing
- Filter spam calls, and block unwanted callers
- Ring Groups**
- Phone Desk Support**
- Multi-level auto attendant**
Unfortunately, not all Google Voice features are available to Google Workspace users in Canada. Features such as SMS messaging and number porting are not available for Canadian Google Voice Users.
With SMS messaging you’ll be able to use your Google Voice number to send text messages as you would normally do with your phone.
As for number porting, Google Voice allows you to import existing numbers from another carrier. You will get updated whenever these features become available for Canadian Google Voice users.
Is Google Voice Free?
Setting up Google Voice is free, and the Google Voice apps are free, but some features such as like number porting, call recording are paid features. Making international calls with Google Voice also costs a certain amount depending on where you are calling.
How to Setup Google Voice in Canada
To setup Google Voice in Canada, you must be a Google Workspace user. Google Voice offers three account levels known as license levels for G Suite users.
You must be subscribed to one of these levels to get a Google Voice number for free in Canada.
The different license level to get a Google Voice number in Canada are;
- Starter license(CAD$13.32)
- Standard license(CAD$26.63)
- Premier license(CAD39.95)
Depending on the level you select, the features may vary; that is - some features available on the higher level will not be available for inferior license level of Google Workspace wanting to get Google Voice in Canada.
An overview of the features for each license level for Google Workspace users is as shown below.
Starter License (CAD$13.32/license)
- As a G Suite user with this license, you will get all the basic Google Voice features listed above with the exception of ring groups, phone desk support, and multi-level auto attendant. This license is great and ideal for all small businesses, freelancers and some developers who want to better manage customers phone calls.
- In a sense, with more than one work phones, you can have 1 particular cellphone wide variety to attain you on all of your devices. Similarly, you can send on calls to voicemail beyond your work hours thanks to the integration of Google Calendar. This maintains your work and private life separate, getting the most out of your time.
Standard License (CAD$26.63/license)
- Google Workspace users in Canada with this license level gets the most out of all the Google Voice features listed above.
- You can organize your incoming calls to reach a specific team/individual within your organization thanks to the Multi-Level Auto Attendant feature in Google Voice. As a briefing, a caller would call the Google Voice number and with the auto attendant, they'll be able to navigate through the the menu to reach the correct person or team.
- With ring groups feature available for this level, you can specify certain team members to answer calls from the same Google Voice number. This is good for organizations which let members choose who can answer a call. You can assign a ring group for each group or team in your organization or business.
Premier License (CAD$39.95/license)
Designed for large international companies A Premier Google Voice License offers more advanced controls and features. For offices around the world, a premier license allows you to have an unlimited number of licenses no matter where you are (as long as you are available in the supported countries).
This is the only license that will allow you to have international locations. As for the advanced features, a premier license has the ability to export voice activity to BigQuery allowing you to keep track of phone calls within your organization.
Google Comparison chat gives you detailed comparisons for each level.
In summary, Google Voice is taking a step forward in the work industry by allowing you to stay connected effectively and efficiently and easily manage your business, team and customers.
Cloud services are becoming a part of everyday life and with the addition of Google Voice to this industry, managing your business can never be more easy.
Join us on Telegram for more exclusive tutorials and updates
Talk to us on Facebook.
- How to Hack/Crack Wi-Fi Passwords on Android Without Root.
- How to Download Shutterstock Images and Videos for Free Without Watermark.
- Top 10 Offline/Online Game Hacker Apps and Tools for Android.
- How to Search Google Effectively Like a Pro.
- How to Connect a PS5 Controller to Android, iOS and PC.
- How to Transfer Your Facebook Data to Other Services.
- How to Share Your Android VPN Connection to Your PC.
- How to Use 2 or More WhatsApp Accounts on Same Mobile Phone.
- How to Make Your Phone Number Private During Calls.
How to Get Google Voice Outside the US
It is very easy to get a Google Voice out of the US these days. Google Voice is one of the best ways to get a US number from outside the US.
Some US banks require US citizens to login with their US number for verification. Now, even US citizens residing out of the US can handle their stuffs in the US thanks to Google Voice.
If you want to get Google Voice in Canada for free without subscribing for a Google Workspace license, this guide is equally for you. Every country can get a Google Voice number for free without facing the "Google Voice not available in your country" message.
Follow the steps below to get Google Voice outside the US:
There are three simple steps to get a Google Voice number outside the US;
- Get a working US phone Number
- Get a US IP Address
- Get your Google Voice Number on Google Voice Website
1. Get a Valid US Phone Number
If you are not located in the United States, you will need to use some tricks that will let you get a US phone number from outside the US for verification.
Hopefully for you, we have many tricks on how to get real US phone numbers for Google Voice verification. We provide virtual phone number solutions for those that want to get free US/UK/Canadian/Netherlands phone numbers for several verification online such as SMS/WhatsApp/Facebook/Telegram and even Google. You can claim a free US phone number from the below link.
2. Get a US IP Address
Since the service is made available for free only to residents of the United States, you will need to have a US IP address to show that you are present in the US region.
That said, you will need to use premium US VPN that will virtualize your IP to that of the US and show Google Voice that you are located in the United States.
The use of a good premium VPN is important since Google may blacklist your IP if you use a free VPN service that is not adequate.
3. Get your Google Voice Number from the Google Voice Site
Once you got the above listed information, you will now need to visit Google Voice website to claim your free US number. For full steps with screenshots on how to proceed to get your Google Voice number for free, you can refer to this guide.
Google Voice is not available in your country:
If you face this message when attempting to get your Google Voice number from outside the US, then it means you did not use the right VPN. Consider using a Google VPN service such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, HMA for Google Voice.
How to get a Google Voice number in Australia?
Australian residents wanting to get a Google Voice number can use CallCentric, Vovox to get a US phone number and use it to get a Google voice by following the steps above.
- Best Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform.
- How to increase CryptoTab Browser Mining trick.
- How to Create Mobile Apps for Free Without Coding Skills.
- Disable Automatic Updates on Windows 10 with These 3 Ways.
- Download any Paid Book Online for Free.
- Freely Create a Working virtual credit card.
- Get a Working Free Virtual Number for SMS Verification.
- Top 10 Best Android Emulators to use on a Low end PC.
- Top 15 Best and Most Useful Android Apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you set up Google Voice in Canada?
Yes, you can set up Google Voice in Canada through the Google Suite business plan. However, the Google Voice business plan is currently only available in Canada to Google Workspace customers. As long as you're a Google Workspace customer, though, you can sign up for Google Voice and assign Canadian numbers (those with a +1 country code) to your Google Voice users.
Will Google phone work in Canada?
Yes, Google Voice is now available in Canada as of May 2020.
How much does Google Voice cost in Canada?
Google Voice's starter plan costs CAD$13.32/license, Google Voice's standard plan costs CAD$26.63/license, Google Voice's premier plan costs CAD$39.95/license.
Final Thoughts on How to Get Google Voice in Canada
Google Voice is one great product of Google made available to many businesses, freelancers, developers to better manage their customers and get the most out of US with a phone number. Now Google Voice is available for Canadians and they can get a Google Voice if they are Google Workspace users. They will need to get a license among the 3 license types available for Google Workspace users in Canada to get a Google Voice Number.
Google Voice for US residents is completely free. If you live outside the US and you don't want to pay anything to get a Google Voice number, you will need to apply some tweaking; - getting US number, getting US IP, and signup for Google Voice free number.
If you do not own a business that you think a US number is vital for reaching your customers, it won't be necessary to pay for it. Rather, you can use this method to get a Google Voice number from outside the US for free.