Who wouldn't want free WiFi? Obviously, everyone would like to have free WiFi, but it isn't that east. Though there are free wireless WiFi in public areas, it isn't sufficient. Why not sufficient? Well not only is the WiFi in a public place that can be used by anyone including malicious persons to steal information on your phone but also, because of its really slow bandwidth.
Such WiFi are always provided by government and big institutions that keep their visitors entertained with free WiFi. For a short say, not everyone wants to use free WiFi these days due to the few drawbacks I mentioned earlier.
Additionally, everyone will like to know how to hack WiFi passwords to gain knowledge and know all the series of attacks that can be launched on wireless networks and how they can protect their own wireless network.
If you are in an area where your neighbors have WiFi that they often use, they will surely set a security key to that password and the security key may defer depending on the encryption type. There are many Wi-Fi passwords security types an we will get to mention the most used.
Going back to what we were saying, if your neighbor is uses WiFi then obviously, it should have a good bandwidth and with it, you will be able to navigate the web at very intense speeds and this speed will depend on the router and network coverage.
Skipping to the process of hacking the WiFi, if someone asked you how to hack or crack wifi passwords, what will you say? That should be a Yes. Now another thing to consider is the environment. The most common and used environment for launching wireless attacks is PC specifically, Kali Linux thanks to its numerous wireless hacking tools it has preinstalled.
However you can also hack WiFi passwords on your Windows PC (7/8/10/11) with some evolving wireless network hacking tools build and designed for PC.
Never Miss Anything From Us, Follow this Blog to Receive our Latest Updates
As technology goes ahead everyday, it is now possible to hack WiFi passwords on Android without root using some apps such as Termux, and many other wireless hacking apps. However, for better results, you will need root access to get the passwords of WiFi passwords which use a tough security.
That said, in this guide, I will show you how to hack or crack WiFi passwords on Android without the need of root access and also, in the same occasion, I will show you how you can hack or crack Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows PC smoothly.
Table of Contents
What is a Wireless Network?
A wireless network is a computer network that uses wireless data connections between network nodes.
Wireless networking is a method by which homes, telecommunications networks and business installations avoid the costly process of introducing cables into a building, or as a connection between various equipment locations. Admin telecommunications networks are generally implemented and administered using radio communication. This implementation takes place at the physical level (layer) of the OSI model network structure.
Types of Wi-Fi Password Security
There are many types of Wi-Fi security for passwords. But in a common world, just 3 are used and most known. They include:
- Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP).
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
1. Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) Wi-Fi security is one of the most popular and widely used Wi-Fi securities in the entire world. This security type is generally weak and insecure for guaranteeing your Wi-Fi security. Someone can easily crack and hack such Wi-Fi security using Airmon tools from Kali Linux, Aircrack, WEPCrack, Kismet, WebDecrypt.
WEP Cracking (Hacking) Tools
- Aircrack – network sniffer and WEP cracker. Get Aircrack
- WEPCrack – this is an open source Wi-Fi hacker program for breaking 802.11 WEP secret keys. This WiFi hacker app for PC is an implementation of the FMS attack. Get WEPCrack
- Kismet – this WiFi password hacker online detects wireless networks both visible and hidden, sniffer packets and detect intrusions. Get Kismet
- WebDecrypt – this WiFi password hack tool uses active dictionary attacks to crack the WEP keys. It has its own key generator and implements packet filters for hacking WiFi password. Get WebDecrypt
2. Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)
The Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Wi-Fi security is the improved and updated version of WEP Wi-Fi security system which was introduced in the year 2003. But an American hacker found a significant flaw in WPA security keys. Due to which it became easy to hack this Wi-Fi security. It is possible to crack any Wi-Fi password that has WPA security from an Android smartphone.
It can equally be cracked by the use of some tools such as CowPatty, Cain & Abel on Windows PC.
WPA Cracking (Hacking) Tools
- CowPatty – this WiFi password cracker tool is used to crack pre-shared keys (PSK) using brute force attack. Download CowPatty
- Cain & Abel – this WiFi hacker for PC tool can be used to decode capture files from other sniffing programs such as Wireshark. The capture files may contain WEP or WPA-PSK encoded frames. Download Cain & Abel
3. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is the only Wi-Fi security key that is difficult to hack. As no system is secured at a hundred percent, don't lay all your trust on such security because it can be hacked and cracked equally. However that will demand very impressive hacking skills from the person trying to hack such security.
General Wireless Attack types
- Sniffing Attack– this involves intercepting packets as they are transmitted over a network. The captured data can then be decoded using tools such as Cain & Abel. Checkout how sniffing attack is done here.
- Man in the Middle (MITM) Attack – this involves eavesdropping on a network and capturing sensitive information.
- Denial of Service Attack – the main intent of this attack is to deny legitimate users network resources. FataJack can be used to perform this type of attack.
Also Read: Top 6 Best Zip Password Cracker Tools
How can I access a Wireless Password?
To access a wireless network, you will need a device that supports wireless connection. These devices are generally; smartphones, laptops, printers, gaming consoles...
If a Device is password protected, you will need its password before accessing it. If you own the device or if you are authorized to use the wireless network, you will know what its password is.
If you do not have access to its password, don't worry, by the end of this guide you will know how to hack and connect to any Wi-Fi wireless network.
How to Hack/Crack Wi-Fi Passwords On Android Without Root
Android just recently had a terminal that can be used to run a series of commands for different projects. The famous android terminal is Termux and you can use Termux to hack wifi passwords on Android without root.
However, there are many other Android applications that will help you to perform this task without having to run commands. Below are 3 different apps that you can use to hack Wi-Fi Passwords on Android without root access.
Never Miss Anything From Us, Follow this Blog to Receive our Latest Updates
Method 1: Hacking Wi-Fi Password in Android using WIFI WPS WPA TESTER
This is a very well known app that hacks Wi-Fi passwords on android without root. It has a free and paid version of the app which differ in features.
Wi-Fi WPS TESTER app hacks only those routers that connect with WPS router with limited features. Hacking Wi-Fi using this app is so easy and can be used by anyone.
This app is widely preferred by many due to its WPS and WPA password security hacking skills. It is really effective in this stuff.
However, for better experience with the app, you will need to use the paid version of the app to unlock more exciting features. We will be sharing with you the paid version of the app which you can download for free.
How to Hack Wi-Fi Passwords in Android Using WIFI WPS WPA Tester
This app will work just well on both rooted and non-rooted Android devices and with the premium version of WIFI WPS WPA Tester, you will have access to all the features of the app and hacking Wi-Fi passwords will be a gameplay you.
Follow the below steps to hack Wireless Passwords using WIFI WPS WPA Tester:
- Download and install the the premium version of WIFI WPS WPA TESTER.
- Toggle on the Wi-Fi settings on your Android phone.
- Launch the app and search for the Wi-Fi networks nearby you.
- Select one of the networks from the result and start hacking by tap.
- You can input its key manually.
The app checks the Wi-Fi security, and it tries different combinations of words and numbers to crack the Wi-Fi password. The app finds the network code in a short time and connects your phone automatically.
Method 2: Hacking Wi-Fi password in Android using AndroDumpper App
When we want to talk of Android apps that hack Wi-Fi password, we definitely got to mention Andro Dumpper. It is very easy to use and to navigate through its tabs.
AndroDumpper works well as a Wi-Fi password hacker app for non rooted devices as well as rooted devices (for more advanced experience).
However, the app isn't that easy to get from the internet, I'm talking of the original version here. So checkout the below section to get the working version of the app.
How to Hack Wi-Fi Passwords in Android Using AndroDumpper App
It is very easy to use this app for hacking or cracking WiFi passwords. Upon termination of its task, it will display the wireless password to you.
Follow the below steps to hack Wi-FI passwords using AndroDumpper:
- Download and install the AndroDumper app from APK Premiumz.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi settings on your Android device.
- Launch the AndroDumper app and click on the refresh button present at the top of the screen to search and get nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose the network you wish to hack and connect and tap on it.
- Now the app will try to connect with your chosen network with every possible combination of alphabets and number passwords. If the selected network has a weak Wi-Fi password, then this app possibly hacks it.
Method 3: Hacking Wi-Fi password in Android using WiFi WPS Connect App
Another effective app for hacking Wi-Fi passwords on Android is WiFi Connect WPS App. It is known to hack mainly WPS wireless network connections.
The app works well on non rooted android smartphones as well as on rooted devices. For better results, you will need to use rooted device with the app to get more information concerning the wire network you are trying to hack.
How to Hack Wi-Fi Passwords in Android Using Wi-Fi Connect App
Follow the steps below to know how to hack Wi-Fi passwords using WiFi connect app:
- Download and install the WiFi WPS Connect app on your Android phone.
- Enable the Wi-Fi settings of your phone.
- Launch the WPS Connect app and tap on the scan button to scan all nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- It takes few times to display all nearby Wi-Fi networks, including their details (such as password security types, network types, signal strength, etc.).
- Choose a Wi-Fi network and tap on it you wish to hack. A pop-up screen appears with a pre-defined list of keys (PIN).
- Tap on the key to start your hacking process.
- The app tries several times to hack Wi-Fi with default keys and the most widely used Wi-Fi keys.
- Wait for few minutes, and the Wi-Fi password will be hacked successfully.
Method 4: How to Hack Wi-Fi Password on Android Without Root Using Termux.
Termux is a very common Android terminal used for many pentest projects in Ethical Haking and for launching various attacks in computer systems.
Now, you can use some Wi-Fi hacking tools repositories from GitHub in Termux by cloning the repo and running it from Termux core.
Checkout these Wi-Fi Hacking Tools on GitHub that you can use in hacking Wi-Fi passwords (WEP, WPS, WPA, WPA2/TKIP/IES) in Android with Termux.
Join us on Telegram for more exclusive tutorials and updates
Follow us on Facebook for more exclusive tutorials updates.
How to Hack (Crack) Wi-Fi Passwords on Windows PC (7/8/10/11)
We earlier mentioned some tools used to crack Wi-Fi Passwords on Windows just a little above. We will be using one of these tools in this practical scenario, precisely Cain and Abel Wi-Fi password cracker to crack WPA passwords on Windows PC.
You will also get some useful information that will help you when cracking WEP and WPA keys of wireless networks.
How to Decrypt/Decode Wireless network passwords stored in Windows
- Download Cain & Abel Wi-Fi Password Cracker Tool.
- Install and Launch the Tool
- Click on Decoders Tab then select Wireless Passwords from the drop-down.
- Now click on the plus (+) sign button.
- If you connected your PC to a secured wireless network before, then the passwords of all saves Wi-Fi passwords will be shown in this section as seen in the image below.
- In addition, the decoder will show you the encryption type, SSID and the password that was used.
How to Secure Wireless Network Connections
It is always a good thing to keep your Wireless Network secure and away from hackers. For that, you will need to implement the following measures:
- Changing default passwords that come with the hardware
- Enabling the authentication mechanism
- Access to the network can be restricted by allowing only registered MAC addresses.
- Use of strong WEP and WPA-PSK keys, a combination of symbols, number and characters reduce the chance of the keys been cracking using dictionary and brute force attacks.
- Firewall Software can also help reduce unauthorized access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Wi-Fi password be hacked?
Yes, Wi-Fi passwords can be hacked. However, the password strength might determine whether it is possible for the Wi-Fi to be hacked or not.
How can I get a free Wi-Fi password?
You can get free Wi-Fi by visiting public places like hospitals, restaurants, and even hotels.
Which software can hack Wi-Fi password?
There are just a plethora of software that can hack Wi-Fi passwords, some of which include; Wifite, Kismet, Wifiphisher, inSSIDer, Wireshark, AirJack, Aircrack ng, etc.
What do hackers hack Wi-Fi with?
Hackers mostly use a password list, which has many passwords of different strength, including the must used passwords such as 1234, abcd to find a match in the password sequence. Once they get the match, they'll easily figure out your password.
Can Wi-Fi be hacked by IP address?
Yes, hackers can hack your Wi-Fi through your IP address by brute-forcing your network and infect any internet device on that network.
Final Thoughts on How to Hack/Crack Wi-Fi Passwords on Android and Windows PC
If you are fan of hacking, the this little hacking tutorial will help you a lot in hacking or cracking Wi-Fi passwords on Android and PC.
Many smartphones released now make it difficult for us to root them due to the security features enhanced by the manufacturers. That's why, it is a good thing you should know of the best apps that you can use to hack any Wi-Fi Password on Android without root access.
However, if you are to perform this on android, I will recommend you to use a phone with an android version of 4.0 to 6.0 for better results.
You can as well use the PC tools to crack Wi-Fi passwords on your PC. The results will be even best.
Now, you can claim to be a Wi-Fi password hacker.