Are you just new to college or university and you want to take advantages of the opportunities set for all university students? Probably you didn't even know that as a student, you can get free or almost free lot of stuffs online such as free trials and many more.
All of these can be achieved with the help of a .edu email account. Edu emails are emails issued to all students of a college or university and these universities offer these emails to students to help them achieve what they want online without lot of expenditure or without spending at all since they know students don't have what they can do for themselves that will bring them some cash.
If you are a student of university in the US and you do not yet have a .edu email, then you ain't enjoying your college at its maximum level. People that know the value of .edu emails always look for fast free .edu email account generators and you know something? That ain't the good way to get the edu email account because even if you get a .edu email generator software, you will always find it difficult to get a working .edu email account out of all the ones that will be generated and plus, most of these apps or software come with trojans that can infect your PC.
CHECK ALSO: How to Get Free Virtual Bank Accounts Online
However, the best way you can get edu email account is by creating one yourself with the proper guide. So by the end of this guide, you will know how to can create a .edu email account by yourself without any professional assistance for free. It will be really great for anyone who got an openccc edu email.
Table of Contents
What is a .edu Email?
Edu emails are the email used by colleges and university administrations to notify all their students about school and all up coming events. These emails are used as official means for communication between the college students, staff, and administration. Most US-based institutes or Universities provide these edu emails for free.
Free edu email generator:
Most edu email generator you will see online are surely not legit and you will find it difficult to get a working .edu email for free because no one will want to share such a valuable account for free with someone he doesn't even know.
Free edu email and password are difficult to get. But however, you can easily create yours without even having to pay a penny.
CHECK ALSO: How to Get Unlimited Free Virtual Credit Cards
Benefits of having a .edu Email Account
Aside from receiving notification about events concerning school, .edu email account get amazing discounts on top rated services. These services are provided below.
1. Amazon Prime 6 Months Free Trial
With a .edu email, you can grab a six-month free trial of Amazon Prime in the United States. The normal free trial period is 30 days. After the trial period ends, you automatically become eligible for the Amazon Prime student discount. It entitles you to grab a membership for just $6.49/month.
2. Adobe Creative Cloud Discount
You can get upto 60% discount in the first year and a 40% discount for the following years with an edu email account. That means you'll only pay $20 a month for 12 months, then $30/month following the initial period.
3. Spotify Discount
Spotify offers a discount of 50% to students with an du email. This means you with an edu email will only pay $4.99 per month for the duration of your study period, up to a maximum of four years. You can maintain your discount until the end of a 12-month billing cycle if you graduate mid-way through your plan.
However, the discount is not applicable to teachers with an edu email, nor anyone else who cannot be verified as a student through SheerID.
4. Office 365
Microsoft doesn't use SheerID. Impressive because anyone with an edu email can sign up to receive the basic version of Office 365 Education for free. You'll have the online versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams, and also, some education-specific classroom tools that aren't available in the regular versions of Office 365. More so, all users also get 1TB of OneDrive space for free.
CHECK ALSO: How to Get US Virtual Phone Number for Free
5. GitHub Student Developer Pack
GitHub offers its Student Developer Pack to all students who can authenticate themselves with SheerID. That means teachers and other EDU email owners are excluded.
The pack includes a huge suite of free and discounted tools to help out young coders and programmers, including Canva, Name.com, Microsoft Azure, Educative, MongoDB, DigitalOcean, Namecheap, Jetbrains, iconscout etc...
6. Unlimited Google Drive Storage
If your college or university uses Google Workspace formally known as GSuite, then you can get an unlimited cloud storage on Google Drive for free. There is no plan that offer unlimited Google Drive storage but an alternative to Google Drive that is based on subscription is Google One.
However, if should in case you lose your edu email account, you will return to the basic 15GB Google Drive cloud storage.
7. Apple Discounts
Apple offers student discounts on Apple Music, as well as its hardware such as MacBooks and iMacs, and some of its web services.
You can save $100 on a MacBook Pro. Other savings include $50 on an iPad, and you can pick up Apple's Pro Apps Bundle (Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage) for $199. You can also pick up iDrive storage with a 50% discount.
Apple Music is free for students for a period of six months and afterwards will cost you $4.99 per month. Unlike Spotify, Apple Music does not perform a SheerID scan, so anyone with an edu email address can take advantage of the discount.
With the help of an EDU email address and can verify yourself as a student on ID.me, then bag yourself an impressive 10% saving on any other Samsung offer that is ongoing. For example, if a laptop has a 40% discount, you can get it with a 50% discount.
Autodesk is responsible for the popular computer-aided design software, AutoCAD. It lets users create 2D and 3D drawings and is widely used in the architecture and engineering industries.
If you are studying a related field, you can be sure that AutoCAD will pop up in your course at some point.
Thankfully, the price needn't be a burden. Students and teachers can get access to Autodesk products and services with an EDU email. The apps will remain free for as long as you are eligible.
10. Student Advantage Card
A Student Advantage card costs $30/year for anyone with an EDU email address.
Once you are a member, you get access to a whole host of incredible student discounts. Some bargains on platform include the following:
- 25% discount in Sunglasses Hut
- $30 off in Sam's Club
- $60 discount at DisneyWorld
- 10% off UPS shipping fees
And Many More
Edu emails accounts can also help you grab amazing discounts on antivirus software such as Norton, AVG get Skrillshare, General Motors, Best Buy, MLB.TV, Asos at little costs.
How to Create a .edu Email Account for Free
Knowing all of the advantages of having a .edu email, you probably want to know how you can create an edu email account. So let's get into that.
You will need to have some details basically US details to get your free .edu email account.
- US Identity
- US Address
- Tricky sense
If you are located in the US, then the above information should not be a problem for you but if you are located in a country such as Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, etc then you will need to generate the US Identity, Address and SSN with generators to create your free edu email account. However, if you are located in a European country such as Germany, UK, Netherland, France, Poland, Spain etc, then there are many other ways you can get your free edu email account from colleges and universities around you.
Before we start, make sure you have noted down basic information such as date of birth, address, SSN and password. We will be progressing step by step in 5 steps.
Step 1: Preparing US Address and SSN
Resident of the US or not, you need to make sure you have a US residential address and SSN. If you are a resident of the US, then you should use your valid information and in the case you aren't a resident of the US, you will need to generate these details from the generators listed above.
Step 2: Applying for the Edu Email Account Address
This step will make you pass through 5 pages and is the tricky part of this guide. However, with the detailed instructions we listed below, you will get pass this step real quick without issue and this is where your tricky sense will have to play a major role.
- Go to California Community Colleges
- Select a community college and then click Apply
- Now you will have to fil in the required details. Depending on the college you selected, the information you need to provide might be slightly different in stages. But below are the information required from all the colleges.
- First and last name
- Your real .edu email
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Current address, city-state (use good premium VPNs if you are not located in the US)
- High school information (you can select any school)
- High school graduation year (enter a random year or your real graduation year if you are a graduate).
- Educational goal (select any option)
- Enrollment information
- Field of interest
- Degree/ certificate
- Academic term
Select an option from the given choices in the above three categories.
- Account information:
- Password hint
- Then click on "Create Account."
This page will simply require you to provide some additional information. This information include;
- Legal name (enter your name from a fake name generator site)
- Other names (leave it blank)
- Phone and address (same as on the previous page)
- When did you move to your current address? (mention date of birth)
- Country of Residence (select any option)
- Email address (enter the same as on the previous page)
- US Social Security Number
- Citizenship status (select yes)
- Date of birth (same as on the previous page)
- Ethnic background (leave it blank)
- Race (select white- can also choose more than one options)
- Additional information
- Student’s employee status (employed or unemployed)
- Father’s educational level
- Mother’s educational level
- Is English your only language? (yes or no)
- Military status (yes or no)
- Emergency contact (leave it blank)
- Next, click on “Save” and “Continue.”
- Most recent high school attended (to enter the school name in accordance with your state, click “add school”)
- Add your state name as per your address, select Country United States of America. Next, click Search
- Select any school from the ones on the search results
- Other information (leave blank)
- Date earned (enter a date)
- College information (select no)
- Then, click on “Save” and “Continue.”
CHECK ALSO: How to Get Free Bitcoin for Students
- What is your educational goal? (select: I plan to earn a college associate degree)
- Field of interest
- Select your field of interest (select any option)
- Select your degree/ certificate (select any option)
- Select your academic term (select fall)
- Next, click on “Save” and “Continue.”
- Disciplinary history:
- In the past four years, have you been disciplined for misconduct? (select NO)
- Challenge questions:
- Provide all your security questions and answer then note them down.
- Write your name (same as mentioned previously)
- Click on “Save” and “Continue.”
Step 3: Wait for validation of your EDU email Account
Your account validation should take about 2 - 3 working days and if the information provided above is legitimate, then the validation might take a short time for validation. You well receive an email in your email box once your .edu email account has been created. The edu email will come in the format [email protected]
CHECK ALSO: Free Internet Tricks for Students in Any Country
Step 4: Setting up your Password
Here you need to setup a strong password of 8 alphanumeric characters and the password should not include your name. If you have many .edu email accounts, then you should consider using different passwords for each accounts.
Step 5: Logging into your .edu email account
To login to your institute site using your edu email account, go to https://mail.student.yourinstitutename.edu/ and enter your username and password. It will redirect you to Gmail. If you are forgetful about your passwords, it is advised that you add another security option such as your phone number.
That is it, you are done setting up your .edu email account.
Being in college is good but to cover most of the fairs for students always seems difficult especially internet fees. However, it will be good if students have Free Internet Tricks that can help them connect themselves to the internet for free without paying anything and so, they won't ever miss a notice or a class online. Checkout our Free Internet Tricks for All countries from the link below.
CHECK ALSO: Free Internet Tricks for All countries
- How to Get a Real US/Canadian Number for Free.
- How to Search Google Effectively Like a Pro.
- How to Connect a PS5 Controller to Android, iOS and PC.
- How to Get Bitcoin Loan Instantly.
- A Complete List of All Android Secret Codes.
- How to Transfer Your Facebook Data to Other Services.
- How to Share Your Android VPN Connection to Your PC.
- How to Use 2 or More WhatsApp Accounts on Same Mobile Phone.
- How to Make Your Phone Number Private During Calls.
- How to Get a Free USA Bank Account for Non Residents.
- Full List of SEPA Countries.
- How to Open a SEPA European Bank Account Online.
- How to increase dedicated video memory (VRAM) on any pc.
- Best Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform.
- How to increase CryptoTab Browser Mining trick.
- How to Create Mobile Apps for Free Without Coding Skills.
- How to Get Free RDP Account Username and Password(2,4,12,24GB RAM).
- Disable Automatic Updates on Windows 10 with These 3 Ways.
- Track any Phone's Location Using a Mobile Number.
- Download any Paid Book Online for Free.
- Freely Create a Working virtual credit card.
- Get a Working Free Virtual Number for SMS Verification.
- Top 10 Best Android Emulators to use on a Low end PC.
- Top 15 Best and most useful Android Apps.
- How to choose between a .com, .org and .net Domain Name Extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a free .edu email address?
The easiest way to get a . edu mail address is by applying to a college. You don't have to enroll in a college, just applying online is enough to get your address.
Can anyone make an edu email?
No, you'll need to be a student of an educational institution before you might be able to get a free edu email.
Final Thoughts on How to Create A .edu Email for Free
EDU email accounts are really important assets for every college student and most people don't know of its existence talk-less of how to get one. Above are detailed steps on how to get a free .edu email account that you can use to grab all the benefits of student packages for sites that offer them. Though non US residents can use fake address generators to get US address and SSN, US residents will have higher success rates in getting these email accounts.