With technology constantly evolving day by day, mobile devices are becoming the most used devices worldwide.
In fact, according to Banmycell, over 7.26 billion people own a smartphone making up 90.72% of the world's population.
Over the years, smartphones have facilitated everything from real to digital well-being — through your smartphone, you can do your online shopping, financial and business transactions, and even use your mobile device for entertainment.
However, as far as a mobile operating system (OS) is concerned, you shouldn't be surprised that Android definitely wins the bet — according to Statistica, Android maintained its position as the leading mobile operating system worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2022, controlling the mobile OS market with a close to 71% share, while iOS accounted for around 28% of the mobile operating system market.
This is because Android OS is open source and more expanded than iOS as we find a number of Android apps and games currently not available for iOS users — thereby, pushing most iOS users looking to switch from iOS to Android.
However, switching devices isn't necessary anymore — and if you're an iOS user looking to use Android apps, there's a convenient way to use the two operating systems together — that's through the best Android emulators for iOS — which might have already come across your mind.
Perhaps, most people look for Android emulators for iOS for gaming reasons, though others might have some personal reasons for doing so — however, it all comes to the same point.
That said, if you're looking to run Android apps on your iOS device without jailbreak, then you're at the right place.
To address this issue, we've compiled the best Android emulators for iOS to help you run Android apps on your iOS (iPhone or iPad).
Table of Contents
What is an Android Emulator for iOS?
An Android emulator is an Android Virtual Device (AVD), sometimes called a third-party app or tool that virtually simulates an Android device onto another device usually a computer or another operating system.
So just say an Android emulator for iOS is an app that allows you to simulate the Android operating system on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad).
Most trustworthy Android emulators for iOS don't require a jailbreak — and are considered risk-free for your iOS device.
Why Use Android Emulators for iOS?
There are many reasons you might want to use Android emulators for iOS, but only a few should push you to go in for Android emulators.
That said, you can go in for an Android emulator for iOS if;
- You want to use some Android apps not available for iOS devices such as the Google apps.
- You are a mobile gamer interested in playing one or more Android games not currently available for iOS devices.
In most cases, searching for an Android emulator isn't even necessary and the best option will be to go in for an Android device — that's if you want to make the Android OS more personal.
What Are The Best Android Emulators For iOS?
There are many Android emulators for iOS out there and though some might require you to jailbreak your iOS device to unlock more features, doing so isn't a good idea since it voids your warranty with iOS.
In this case, you'd want to go in for the best Android emulators for iOS that don't require a jailbreak, which includes;
- iAndroid — Overall Best Android Emulator for iOS.
- GBA4iOS — Best Android Emulator for iOS for Gaming.
- iNDS Emulator — Best Android Emulator for iOS for Gaming.
- Dalvik Emulator — Best Android Emulator for iOS for Developers.
- ApowerMirror — Best Android Emulator for iOS for Screen Mirroring.
iAndroid is definitely the most popular Android emulator for iOS you'd find out there.
It maintained its place as one of the best Android emulators for iOS thanks to the top-notch features added to the emulator over time, and availability on all iOS devices including; iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iPod touch.
iAndroid comes with a slew of Android features and lets you use a number of Android apps and widgets on your iOS device.
- Smooth and easy-to-use interface.
- Excellent graphics.
- Lets you install and run a couple of Android apps and features.
- Requires iOS 5 and above.
- It consumes a lot of power and can lead to battery damage over time.
- Reduces device performance.
How to Install iAndroid on iOS
- Download and install Cydia on your iOS device.
- Open Cydia and tap on the manage button that is located at the bottom of the screen and you'll see the options Storage, Sources, and Packages — just select "Sources."
- All the sources of Cydia will be shown on the next screen. Now you have to search for http://apt.modmyi.com and then look for the source to download it.
- After completing the download, click on the source, and you will get the set of applications.
- Look for the iAndroid application and click on it.
- You will see "iAndroid emulator for iOS", click on it to download it on your iOS.
- After successful installation, tap on the application to launch and enjoy!
GBA4iOS is certainly one of if not the best Android emulators for iOS that would interest every gamer.
Thanks to its clean graphics, GBA4iOS lets you play Android, Game Boy, and Nintendo games on your iOS device without any glitches (depending on your iOS device).
As an addition to its gaming ability, it allows users to customize the emulator to their gaming preferences and likes.
Moreover, GBA4iOS allows users to download Read Only Memory (ROM) files directly from the Safari browser and run them in the emulator.
- Can be synced to Google Drive.
- Compatibility with the Safari browser to download ROM files.
- Offers the easiest way to play the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo.
- Drop in quality of Android services on most iOS devices.
- Requires high processing power.
- Usually glitches on some iOS devices.
How to Install GBA4iOS
- Go to AppValley's homepage and their mobile app.
- Install AppValley on your iOS device and open it.
- Search for GBA4iOS.
- You'll see "GBA4iOS" Just select it, and all the instructions to download will show up on the screen.
- Follow the instructions to download the GBA4iOS for iOS and start running Android apps on your iOS device.
3. iNDS Emulator
If you're a gamer, the name of this Android emulator for iOS should tell you something — yes, it's another Android emulator for gamers.
Being one of the popular emulators in the market, iNDS Emulator allows users to play exciting and amazing Android games on their iOS devices without glitches (again, that would depend on your iOS device).
Before, the iNDS Emulator would only work on jailbreak iOS devices, but now the recent update of the emulator is compatible with most iOS devices.
iNDS Emulator Pros
- Compatible with most iOS devices.
- Allow users to play Nintendo DS games on their iOS devices.
- Comes with high-quality graphics to offer a smooth gaming experience.
iNDS Emulator Cons
- Not usually a good option for beginners.
- Overheats your phone and drains the battery very fast.
- Uses a lot of processing power.
How to Install iNDS Emulator on iOS
- Open your Safari browser and go to the Tweakbox website.
- From there go to the "Apps" tab and search for "Tweakbox Apps". There you will find the iNDS Emulator app.
- Click on it and download the emulator on your iOS device.
- After successful installation, open Settings on your phone, search for General, and then click on the Menu option in the device management tab.
- Search for iNDS and double-tap on it.
- Now, you will not see an untrusted enterprise developer error! Just grant the trust.
- Enjoy your Android emulator on iOS.
4. Dalvik Emulator
Dalvik emulator is another Android emulator for iOS that lets you run Android apps and games on your iOS.
As a developer, you might find Dalvik emulator an interesting Android emulator to use — it allows users to run the majority of Android applications unmodified, allowing application store owners to quickly kick-start Android application store services by simply repackaging Android Package (APK) files.
With its smooth interface, the Dalvik emulator is one of the Android emulators for iOS that you'd find consistent out there.
Besides, from a user perspective, the Dalvik emulator is completely transparent and installed without user disruption.
Dalvik Emulator Pros
- The emulator is free to use.
- Allow users to run unmodified APK files.
- Completely transparent.
Dalvik Emulator Cons
- Requires high processing power.
- Usually lags on most iOS devices.
How to Install Dalvik Emulator on iOS
- Download and install Cydia on your iOS device.
- Open Cydia and click on "Manage." Select "Sources" and add the URL (http://apt.modmyi.com) to the source.
- If you've installed iAndroid, you should already have that in your sources. All you have to do is search for "Dalvik Emulator" and click on the first result.
- When the installation is complete, you can open the emulator from your app drawer to start emulating Android apps.
Alternatively, you can download it first to your computer >> then you can transfer it to your iPhone using a USB cable >> and install the Dalvik Emulator by double-tapping the file from where you copied it from your PC.
ApowerMirror is primarily an app that allows users to mirror or cast an operating system on another — it typically requires two devices to work.
Let's say for instance, you have an Android device and an iOS device and are looking to mirror the Android OS on your iOS, then ApowerMirror is the solution in this case.
Through ApowerMirror you can virtually manipulate a device through another.
ApowerMirror is most of the time used by video creators when making videos — I for example, use ApowerMirror for making YouTube videos where I need to talk on the two OS in the video.
- Available from the App Store.
- Offers both full-screen and vertical-screen features.
- Compatible with the latest Android and iPhone devices.
- Has a free, but limited version.
- Usually lags when device performance isn't good.
- Wi-Fi-based mirror connection is a bit saggy.
- Its premium versions are quite expensive.
How to Install ApowerMirror
- Go to the App Store and search for ApowerMirror.
- Install the app on your iOS device.
- After installation, open the app.
- Make sure your two devices are connected to the same network and start mirroring.
- Enjoy your Android apps and games on iOS.
- How to Hack/Crack Wi-Fi Passwords on Android Without Root
- Top 5 Best Rar Password Cracker/Unlocker Tools.
- Top 5 Best Zip File Password Cracker/Unlocker Tools.
- Top 10 Offline/Online Game Hacker Apps and Tools for Android
- Best Photo Recovery Apps for Android
- A Complete List of All Android Secret Codes
- How to Share Your Android VPN Connection to Your PC
- How to Use 2 or More WhatsApp Accounts on Same Mobile Phone
- How to Create Mobile Apps for Free Without Coding Skills
Can I Run an Android App on an iOS Device?
No, you cannot run an Android app on an iOS device natively. Android and iOS are two different operating systems with different architectures. This means that an Android app is not compatible with the iOS operating system and vice versa.
However, there are a few ways to run Android apps on an iOS device. One way is to use an Android emulator for iOS (which we've mentioned in this article).
Another way to run Android apps on an iOS device is to use a sideloading method. Sideloading is the process of installing an app from a source (usually referred to as an "Unknown Source") other than the App Store. To sideload an Android app on an iOS device, you will need to jailbreak your device. Jailbreaking is the process of gaining root access to your device, which allows you to install apps from outside the App Store.
It is important to note that jailbreaking your device can void your warranty and make it more vulnerable to malware attacks. Therefore, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits before jailbreaking your device.
If you are looking to run an Android app on an iOS device, the best option for you will depend on your needs and preferences. If you are a developer who wants to test your app on an iOS device, then using an emulator is the best option. If you want to run an Android app on your personal iOS device, then you can use a sideloading method. However, it is important to be aware of the risks involved before jailbreaking your device.
Can I Switch Emulator for Android and iOS?
Most Android emulators out there have iOS versions that you can use for switching — for instance, ApowerMirror lets you switch from Android to iOS since its app is available on the two platforms.
Simply put, you can switch emulators for Android and iOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you run emulator on iOS?
Yes, you can run emulator on your iOS device. The emulator would let you simulate another OS on your iOS device.
How can I download Android emulator for iOS?
You can download Android emulator for iOS through Cydia. Cydia is a popular unofficial store that offers third-party apps for iOS. However, apps there are usually safe to use.
Are emulators legal to use?
Yes, emulators are legal to use — but only if you are on the legal path. For instance, downloading and sharing copyrighted ROM files through emulators is illegal and you can get in trouble for doing such.
The best Android emulator for iOS depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you are looking for an emulator that is easy to use and compatible with a wide range of apps, then iAndroid is a good option. If you are a gamer, then GBA4iOS or iNDS Emulator are good choices. And if you are a developer, then Dalvik Emulator is a good option.
Ultimately, the best way to choose an Android emulator for iOS is to try out a few different ones and see which one works best for you.
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing an Android emulator for iOS:
- Price: Some emulators are free, while others are paid.
- Features: Consider the features that are important to you, such as support for multiple Android versions and devices, gaming capabilities, and ease of use.
- Performance: Make sure the emulator is fast and stable.
- Compatibility: Make sure the emulator is compatible with the apps you want to use.