Chime is an online bank that works with Apple Pay.
Once linked to Apple Pay, transferring funds from Chime to Apple Pay will be an easy task.
Apple Pay is a contactless payment method which lets Apple users easily pay for their goods and services conveniently and securely.
Apple Pay has noticed an increase in its number of users and following that, it is currently accepted as a payment method by many merchants and retailers as we find many restaurants that take Apple Pay as well as gas stations that take Apple Pay.
Because of its convenience and security, it is no brainer if users ask does Chime work with Apple Pay.
Knowing if Chime work with Apple Pay is the key to understanding how to move funds between these two platforms.
That said, this article focuses on answering the question does Chime work with Apple Pay at the same time, showing you how to add Chime to Apple Pay and transferring funds between both apps.
Table of Contents
What is Chime?
Chime Banking is a smartphone app that offers over 120,000 consumers FDIC-insured spending and savings accounts.
No minimum or monthly fees, no overdrafts, tailored rewards, savings mechanisms, two-factor authentication, and no-fee ATM access at over 24,000 MoneyPass locations are among the benefits of opening a Chime Banking account.
Because Chime Banking has no physical locations, you can set up or pay direct deposits and bills using your Chime card number, by supplying the payee with your routing and account number, or by mailing a check from the app.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service developed by Apple Inc. that allows users to pay in person, via iOS apps, and on the web using Safari.
iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac are among the Apple devices that support it.
At a contactless-capable point-of-sale terminal, it digitizes and can replace a credit or debit card chip and PIN transaction.
It may be used with any merchant that supports contactless payments and does not require Apple Pay-specific contactless payment terminals.
Touch ID, Face ID, PIN, or passcode are all options for two-factor authentication.
Near-field communication (NFC) is used to communicate with point-of-sale systems, and an embedded secure element (eSE) is used to securely store payment data and perform cryptographic functions, and Apple's Touch ID and Face ID for biometric authentication.
Does Chime Work With Apple Pay?
Yes, Chime does work with Apple Pay.
You can add your Chime Visa debit card to Apple Pay by tapping the "Add Credit or Debit Card" feature in the Wallet app on compatible iPhones running iOS 8.1 or later.
Once you've added a Chime Debit Card to Apple Pay, you can transfer money from your Apple wallet to your Chime Card instantly.
However, there are 1.5 percent transfer fees (minimum -0.25, maximum fee-$15).
To link your card in Apple Pay, you must first enter your card information, such as the number, expiration date, and so on.
You can also add your Chime Bank Account to Apple Pay directly by entering the Chime routing number and account number in your Apple Pay account.
On the Chime App, navigate to Settings (tool icon on top left), then scroll down to the "Account Information" area from the list of options to see your Chime routing and account information.
From there, you'll be able to locate both your Routing and Account Numbers.
When you add a bank, however, you can only conduct a standard ACH transfer to send your Apple Wallet funds to that Chime Bank Account, which takes 1-3 business days and is not instant like a debit card.
The benefit here is that this transfer is entirely free.
How To Add Chime Card To Apple Pay Wallet
Adding your Chime card to Apple Pay wallet is as simple as adding any debit card to Apple Pay.
- In the Apple Wallet app, tap the Add button.
- Tap Debit or Credit Card.
- Tap Continue.
- Follow the steps on the screen to add your Chime debit card to Apple Pay.
- Verify your information with your bank or card issuer.
- If you have a paired Apple Watch, you have the option to also add the card to your watch.
Using the same processes, you can add your Chime Bank account to Apple Pay by selecting bank account instead of debit or credit card. In this case, your Chime routing number and account number will be required.
How to Add Chime To Apple Pay Without Card
You can link your Chime bank account to Apple Pay without a card by providing the Chime account number and routing number.
To locate your Chime account number and routing number, go to the Chime App Settings section (gear icon), scroll down to "Account Information," and tap it.
How To Transfer Money From Apple Pay To Chime Card Instantly
Below are the steps to transfer funds from Apple Pay to Chime.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone
- Next tap on your Apple Cash card (which is one on the top with the apple icon)
- Tap the More icon (three dots on top right)
- Tap Transfer to Bank (on the right, below the card picture)
- Next type in the amount you want to transfer, then tap Next.
- Select Instant Transfer, and select the Chime Debit Card when prompted
You can also transfer funds from Apple Pay to your Chime bank account and the transfer will be a standard transfer which can take 1 to 3 business days to complete.
Chime Card Apple Pay Not Working
If you're having trouble linking your Chime Debit Card to Apple Pay, you'll see a message that says "Could Not Add Card." When you get the "Attempt Again Later" problem when adding a card to your wallet, you can try the following methods to fix it. shoot the problem
- Check if you can use Apple Pay with any other card to see if the problem is specific to Chime Card or is related to Apple Pay Settings.
- If the problem appears to be with the Chime Card:
- On the Chime App, make sure the card isn't disabled or turned off. You can test the card's functionality outside of Apple Pay. If "Allow transactions" is turned off, go to Settings, pick the Card, and toggle on "Allow transactions."
- Remove the Chime Card from Apple Wallet and then re-add it.
- Send an email to the Chime Support staff with your question.
- If the problem appears to be with Apple Pay, make sure you're running the most recent version of Apple iOS.
- Check to see if your iPhone's region is up to date. Your iPhone's nation or area should be one of the Apple Pay supported countries. To do so, open your iPhone's Settings app (gear icon), then go to "General," then "Language & Region." Check to see if "Country/Region" has been updated to "US."
- You can also try shutting off Apple Cash for 30 seconds and then turning it back on. To do so, go to "Settings" (gear icon), then "Wallet & Apple Pay," turn off "Apple Cash" toggle, then wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.
- Another diagnosis you can try is sign out of iCloud and sign back in
Chime is also compatible with Apple Watch. Also, if Chime Spot Me is enabled on your Chime Debit Card, you can use it to make a payment using Apple Pay. The transaction must be entirely on Chime Card, which you have added to Apple Pay, for this to work.
Does Chime Spot Me Work With Apple Pay?
Yes, Chime Spot Me does work with Apple Pay. By linking your Chime debit card to your Apple Pay wallet, you can effortlessly use it with Apple Pay.
You don't need to do anything special to use Chime SpotMe with Apple Pay. You simply use Apple Pay to make your purchase as usual; the only difference is that if you don't have enough cash in your Chime account, you'll use Chime SpotMe to complete the transaction.
Chime is an online bank that offers lots of banking facilities and its no doubt this banks has lots of users wanting to use their Chime account with Apple Pay.
Chime work with Apple Pay which means users can now use their Chime card at Apple Pay by simply adding the card to their Apple Pay wallet.