Though it isn't a direct process, you can transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Money is what keeps the world turning, and since the arrival of money transfer apps in the market, the rate of online money transfer has increase exponentially.
Information from the World Bank shows that the United States is the country that records the highest number of money transfers in the world and is closely followed by Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.
This accounts to the fact that digital payment apps have changed the turning of money as they have made it easy for users to send and receive money to and from any part of the world.
Digital payment apps such as Apple Pay offer convenience and security when used to pay for goods and services.
Apple Pay has noticed an increase in its number of users and following that, it is currently accepted as a payment method by many merchants and retailers as we find many restaurants that take Apple Pay as well as gas stations that take Apple Pay.
Cash App on the other hand is a P2P payment app that lets users send and receive money to friends and relatives.
There are many users that use both Apple Pay and Cash App and knowing how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App is crucial to managing their finances across both platforms.
That said, this article focuses on showing you how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App and from Cash App to Apple Pay.
Table of Contents
Can You Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Yes, you can transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, but not directly.
The only way to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App as of this writing, is by using a bank account as a bridge for the transaction.
Also Read: Can I Apple Pay Myself?
How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App
As earlier mentioned, the only way to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App is through a linked bank account; — the bank must be linked to both your Apple Pay and Cash App.
That being said, to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, you'll first need to add your bank account to Apple Pay and Cash App, withdraw the funds from Apple Pay to your bank, and finally add the money to your Cash App balance.
Lets cover the steps in details.
Step 1: Link Your Bank to Apple Pay & Cash App
You'll need a linked bank account to transfer funds between these two payment apps as its a primordial step to completing the transfer.
You'll need your bank account and routing number to link your bank account to these payment apps.
If you've already linked a bank account to the apps, then you can skip this step.
Otherwise, here's how to link a bank account to Cash App.
- Open Cash App.
- Tap the Profile Icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Select Linked Banks.
- Tap Link Bank.
- Follow the prompts.
Here's how to link a bank account to Apple Pay.
- Get your bank account number and bank routing number.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap Apple Card.
- Tap the More button , then tap Card Details .
- Scroll down and tap Bank Accounts.
- Tap Add a Bank Account, then follow the instructions on your screen.
Step 2: Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Your Bank Account (Debit Card)
The next thing you'll want to do is to transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account.
That can be done as follows:
- Be sure you have access to your card information or the bank account information where you want to transfer the money to.
- Go to Wallet on your iOS device.
- If you're using an iPhone user, simply open the Wallet application, tap on the Apple Cash Card, and then tap the Plus button.
- If you're using an iPad user, go to Configuration > Wallet & Apple Pay > Apple Cash Card.
- Tap "Transfer to Bank" option.
- Enter the amount to transfer and click Next.
- Click on "Instant Transfer" or "1-3 business days" (depending on how fast you want the money deposited into your account).
- Confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode.
- Wait for the funds to transfer.
Note: There won't be any fees associated with transferring your money to your bank account if you select the 1-3 business day option. You'll however, be charged a 1% fee on the total amount transferred if you choose the instant transfer option.
Step 3: Transfer Money from Your Bank Account to Cash App
Once the funds from Apple Pay reflect in your bank account, the next thing you'll have to do is to transfer the money to your Cash App.
Here's how to add money to Cash App from your bank account.
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Press Add Cash.
- Choose an amount.
- Tap Add.
- Use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm.
You'll just have to wait for the transfer to be completely done once you see a confirmation from Cash App. It's that simple.
Even though this is a convoluted way to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, if you have the patience to go through these 3 easy-to-follow steps, it works really well.
You can also send money from bank account without verification.
Also Read: How To Send Money Anonymously On Cash App
How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App Instantly
Transferring money from Apple Pay to Cash App instantly is a really simple.
All you'll need to do is to select the Instant Transfer option in Apple Pay to avoid the long wait for your funds to arrive your bank account.
Keep in mind that you'll still be using a linked bank account as a bridge for the transfer.
Here's how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App instantly.
- Link your bank account to Apple Pay and Cash App.
- Transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank (debit card) through the Instant Transfer option.
- Transfer the money to your bank account to Cash App.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
It typically takes 1 to 4 business days to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
The reason for the long wait is due to the fact that funds transferred from Apple Pay to a bank account can take up to 3 days to reflect in your bank account.
However, a complete transfer from Apple Pay to Cash App can be done in a single day if you use the Instant Transfer option.
How Long Does Instant Transfer from Apple Pay to Cash App Take?
Instant transfers from Apple Pay to Cash App usually take 30 minutes to complete.
A breakdown of the process is as follows;
- Instant Transfer from Apple Pay to bank account — 5 minutes.
- Transfer from bank account to Cash App — 10 to 25 minutes approximately.
You can contact Apple Pay support at (800) MY-APPLE (800–692–7753) if the transfer takes longer than expected.
What is Apple Pay Transfer Limit to Cash App?
The maximum transfer limit from Apple Pay to Cash App per transaction is $10,000.
Unless your bank has a lower restriction, Apple Cash will transfer $20,000 per week to your bank account.
Apple Pay lets you transfer a minimum of $1 to your bank account.
- How To Send Money To Cash App Without Cash App
- Can I Use Cash App To Transfer Money To Myself?
- Top 5 Best International Money Transfer Apps
- Top 5 Best Untraceable Money Transfer Apps
- How To Send Money Anonymously
- How To Transfer Money From RushCard To Cash App?
- How To Transfer Money From Walmart Money Card To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Bluebird To Cash App
How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Apple Pay
You cannot directly transfer money from Cash App to Apple Pay and the only way to transfer the funds is to use a linked bank account as a bridge as shown in Apple Pay to Cash App transfer.
However, the good thing with this process is Cash App lets users link their Cash Card to Apple Pay direct from the Cash App.
How to Add Apple Pay to Cash App
Adding Apple Pay to Cash App is a simple process and can be done as follows;
- Tap the Cash Card tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Tap the image of your Cash Card.
- Select Add to Apple Pay.
- Follow the steps.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a digital wallet that allows users to perform transactions online.
As the name suggests, Apple Pay is a product of Apple Inc. You may use the app to send money, buy apps from the App Store, and pay online in stores that accept Apple Pay.
As you might expect, the software is only compatible with Apple devices such as iPads, iPhones, Apple Watches, and Macs.
While the app comes pre-installed on most modern devices, if you've accidentally deleted it, you may download it for free from the App Store.
What is Cash App?
Block Inc. (previously Square Inc.) created the Cash App which now competes with digital payment apps such as Apple Pay, PayPal's Venmo, and Google Pay.
Once you create a Cash App account and verify it, you will be able to use Cash App to send money, pay bills, and withdraw cash from an ATM if one is available, among other things.
Cash App is available on both the Play Store and the App Store, making it more widely available than Apple Pay. Cash App is also one of the greatest money transfer apps for people who don't have a social security number.
Cash App vs. Apple Pay
While both Cash App and Apple Pay allow you to make online money transfers, there are significant similarities and distinctions between them. Let's have a look at some of them.
Similarities Between Cash App and Apple Pay
- Both applications are compatible with SaaS platforms, iPhone, iPad.
- Both Cash App and Apple Pay allow screenshots and videos.
- The two applications have a free version.
- Cash App and Apple Pay both have a 5-star score in the "General and Ease" categories.
- Cash App and Apple Pay both offer the following mobile payment features: ACH support, contactless payments, credit/debit card support, and P2P payments.
Differences Between Cash App and Apple Pay
- Cash App is compatible with Android but not with Mac whereas Apple Pay is compatible with Mac and not with Android.
- Cash App targets anyone who wants to send or receive payments through a mobile application while Apple Pay targets anyone who wants to pay with an Apple-only payment service.
- Cash App has an online support service unlike Apple Pay.
- Cash App differentiates itself by providing cryptocurrency exchanges and brokers. However, Apple Pay offers POS (point of sale) systems to make it more business-friendly.
- Cash App offers a mobile payment function in support of cryptocurrencies (it’s compatible with Bitcoin) while Apple Pay does not.
- Apple Pay, unlike Cash App, is available not only in the US and UK, but also in more than 50 countries (however, do keep in mind that you still need an Apple device to access the app).
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How To Transfer Google Play Balance To Cash App
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- Does Zelle Work With Walmart Money Card?
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Gobank To Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
Final Thoughts: How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App
Apple Pay and Cash App are two popular P2P payment apps that have facilitated payments since their first launch.
However, a need may arise where you'll want to move funds from Apple Pay to Cash App in order to pay for a service that accepts Cash App as a payment method.
You can't directly transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, but you can indirectly complete the transfer though a linked bank account.
Thankfully, this guide compiles the steps you need to complete the transfer in case you're confused on where to start.