If you want a more convenient way to pay for goods and services online, then transferring money from Chime to PayPal is a great approach. PayPal is widely accepted and is the most used payment gateway or P2P payment platform worldwide.
Chime on the other hand is a financial institution that provides online banking services to its customers. Wire transfers are not widely accepted as a method of payment primarily because it takes long for it to be complete. Because of this, Chime doesn't provide an easy way to pay for your favorite services and shop online.
How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal? A direct transfer from Chime to PayPal isn't possible, however, there are some reliable indirect method to complete the transfer. You can add chime as a bank on PayPal or use a linked bank account to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
That said, if you are interested to know how to complete this transfer, keep reading.
In this article, we have compiled 3 simple methods to transfer money from Chime to PayPal without hassle.
Also Read: How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
Can I Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal?
There is no direct method to transfer money from Chime to PayPal. However, you can use some reliable indirect methods to complete the transfer.
As mentioned earlier, you can transfer money from Chime to PayPal by adding your Chime bank account to PayPal or use a linked bank account to complete the transfer. Another method is to transfer the money from Chime account to PayPal cash card.
3 Ways to Transfer Money Money From Chime to PayPal
Since a direct transfer of funds from Chime to PayPal isn't possible, we can use indirect methods such as adding the Chime bank account to PayPal, using a linked bank account or transferring the money from Chime account to PayPal Cash Card.
To help you out, here are the best ways to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Method 1: Add Chime as a Bank on PayPal
If you add Chime as a bank on PayPal, you'll be able to easily transfer money between the two apps. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Identify Chime account number and routing number
- Add Chime as bank on your PayPal Account
- Initiate the money transfer
1. Identify Chime Account Number and Routing Number
You'll need to submit information like your account number and routing number for any type of money transfer.
Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A. are two of Chime's partners. As a result, it has a separate account number and routing number.
These details can be found on Chime's official website or through its mobile app.
Follow the steps below if you use the Chime website to get your bank account information:
- Login to Chime website, then select Move Money.
- Next, choose Settings, and both numbers will appear on the screen. Take note of them or copy them.
- Even when using the Chime mobile app, the procedure is similar.
- Likewise, you must log in and select Move Money.
- Then select Settings and take note of the account and routing numbers.
You can proceed to the next step now that you have all of the necessary information.
2. Add Chime as a Bank on Your PayPal Account
Chime may be added as a bank on PayPal in two ways, similar to getting account information.
You can do so by downloading the PayPal mobile app or visiting the PayPal website.
Depending on the process you are most familiar with, you can choose any of them.
When utilizing the PayPal app to add Chime as a bank, you must first download the app to your iOS or Android device and login to the app .
Select Bank Accounts and Credit Cards from the Settings.
After that, pick Bank Account by clicking the + icon.
This will take you to their official website, where you will need to enter Chime's account number and routing number and that would add it as bank on PayPal.
You can add Chime as a PayPal bank by going to the official website.
To access your account's settings, simply log in to your account.
On the left side of the screen, there would be options for Money, Banks, and Cards. Select it by clicking on it.
In the following page, select Link a New Bank Account and enter all of your Chime information.
Finally, select Link Your Bank Account to complete the procedure.
CHECK ALSO: How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
3. Initiate the Transfer
Finally, you may initiate a money transfer either using PayPal app or the PayPal website.
Here's how to initiate the transfer from PayPal app
- Login to the PayPal app
- After that, go to Add Money and pick the Chime account you added as a bank previously.
- Tap Add and enter the amount you'd like to send.
- You may be asked to confirm the transaction, which you may do by clicking the Continue button. Review and complete the transfer.
The procedure is the same on PayPal website.
- You must go to PayPal's website and log in using your account information.
- Then select Transfer and Add Money To Your Balance.
- On the next screen, select Chime as the bank and click Add.
- Confirm the transaction by entering the amount you want to send.
Transactions of this nature can take up to 5 business days, but there are no additional fees. Once the transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from PayPal and Chime.
Method 2: Use a Linked Bank Account
Another option is to link PayPal and Chime to the same bank account and use it as a middleman to transfer money between the two apps.
Customers who do not want to link their Chime and PayPal accounts directly are best served by this method.
Here are the steps to send money from Chime to PayPal using a linked bank account:
1. Link Your Chime and Bank Account Together
In this situation, the first step is to link the Chime app to your bank account.
You must first log in to the app and then select Move Money.
Then, under Transfers, select your bank by entering the account and routing numbers.
2. Link Your PayPal Account and Bank Account
After that, you'll need to do the same thing with your PayPal account.
Before you may use this method to send money, you must first add both Chime and PayPal to your linked bank account.
There are two ways to link a PayPal account to a bank account.
- The first is to just log into your account and select Settings.
- Then select Link a New Bank Account from the Money, Banks, and Cards menu.
- You'll be prompted to submit information about your bank account, such as account type, number, and routing number.
- Then proceed to the next step by tapping on Link Your Bank.
If you are unable to access PayPal's website, you can still use its mobile app to complete the task.
- Open the app and enter your login credentials.
- Then select Bank Accounts and Credit Cards from the Settings.
- Select Go To Our Website after you've clicked on the + icon.
- This will take you to the official website, where you must complete the steps outlined above in order to successfully add PayPal to your list of bank account linked accounts list.
CHECK ALSO: How to Get Money from Venmo Without Bank Account
3. Send Money From Chime to Bank Account
You may now send money from Chime to a bank account, which you can then transfer to PayPal.
You may use the Chime app to initiate a transfer to the externally linked bank.
You must first choose Move Money, then Transfers. Enter your bank account information and confirm the transaction.
International wire transfers are not supported by Chime. Instead, the transaction will be processed through an ACH transfer, which will take 3 to 5 days to complete.
4. Send Money From Bank Account to PayPal
Once the funds from your Chime account have been received by the bank, you can transfer them to your PayPal account using the app, website, or PayPal Cash card, depending on your needs.
You can send money from bank account to PayPal from the PayPal app:
- Log in to the PayPal app and click PayPal balance.
- Then tap Add Money and enter your bank account information.
- Select Add and enter the amount to be transferred.
- Continue and go over your information one last time. After that, begin the transfer.
Similarly, you can send money from bank account to PayPal from the PayPal website:
- Go to the PayPal website and log in, then select Transfer.
- Then select Add Money To Your Balance from the Money Tab.
- Click Add after you've entered the amount you need to accept from the bank.
- To complete the transfer, tap Add X Amount once more.
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
- How to Send Money from Venmo to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From Bluebird To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From A Prepaid Card To PayPal
Method 3: Send Money From Chime Account to PayPal Cash Card
The last method is to use your PayPal Cash card to make the money deposit.
You will need to request the card and have it activated online in order to do so. However, this approach may differ from one bank to the next. You can pay attention to the details that appear on the screen to complete money deposit with this method.
Let's have a look at how this method works.
1. Request a PayPal Cash Card
You may apply for a the PayPal cash card only after your account has been verified.
To do so, go to the web portal and enter your full name, email address, and contact info.
To complete the account verification, you must either apply for PayPal credit or link a credit card, debit card, or bank account.
The PayPal Cash Card can be beneficial in a variety of ways. Its most obvious benefit is that it would allow you to process transactions without restriction. There are no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements, and more when using the card.
After you've verified your account, go to the relevant page on their website and click on Get The Card to request the card.
Then pick Order PayPal Cash Card from the More menu.
Provide a valid delivery address and allow at least 10 days for the card to arrive. Hopefully, you will receive the card within this time range.
CHECK ALSO: How to Open a Navy Federal Business Bank Account
2. Activate the Cash Card Online
It would simply take a few minutes to complete this task.
You can activate the card by going to the same page and providing the card’s expiry date.
Then tap on Activate Card and enter the 4-digit PIN code.
Finally, confirm the activation process.
3. Take Note of the PayPal Cash Card Details
To complete the transfer, you must first obtain your card routing number and bank account number.
Go to the official website and select Settings.
Then click on Set Up View Direct Deposit, which will provide the necessary details.
Take close note of it.
CHECK ALSO: List of Banks That Don't Use ChexSystems
4. Initiate Money Transfer From Chime To PayPal Cash Card
- Open the Chime App and log in to your account.
- Select Transfers from the Move Money menu.
- Provide your Cash Card information as well as the amount you want to send.
- Confirm, initiate and complete the transaction.
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer/Send Money from Chime to PayPal?
Chime money transfers might take anywhere from 3 to 5 days to process. This is the average time it takes to process a transfer, so there's no need to be worried about the length of time it might take.
What to Know About the Chime Mobile App
Chime is much more than a platform for sending money to PayPal or other accounts. Customers have like this mobile payment app so far because of the convenience with which they can open an account and the extensive functionalities it offers.
Furthermore, the Chime app has no minimum balance requirements and an automated savings option, making it a fantastic alternative or perhaps a replacement for a traditional bank account.
You should be aware, however, that Chime does not provide international wire transactions. It also has instant transfer costs and does not allow you to open joint accounts.
- How to Increase Your PayPal Credit Limit
- Get Instant Virtual Debit Card Online for Free
- Free Online Checking Accounts No Opening Deposit No Credit Check
- Best Banks Offering Second Chance Checking with No Opening Deposit
- Get Virtual Credit Card Without Bank Account
- How to Open A Bank Account In Europe Online & Locally
- Open US Bank Account as a Non-Resident
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
We must use some indirect methods to send money from Chime to PayPal because there is no direct method to complete the transfer.
Although they may appear difficult at first glance, the majority of these methods are simple to follow and quite effective.
If you have any problems following these steps, please let us know in the comments section below. Furthermore, please feel free to share any other methods you may have to complete this transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
Is there any Limit of Chime to PayPal Transfer?
Chime only allows you to transfer $2000 per month, thus you can't send more than that to your PayPal account. If you're sending money to a linked account, you're limited to sending $200 per day or $1000 per month.
If you send money from PayPal to Chime, you may be able to send an infinite amount of money as long as your account is verified. The maximum transaction amount is $10,000.
Does Chime Charge a Fee to Make Money Transfer?
Transfers between Chime accounts are free, however transactions to other foreign accounts are not.
Does PayPal Charge a Fee to Make Money Transfer?
Transfers from PayPal to PayPal are free. However, PayPal charges a 0.3% to 2% fee for international money transfers.