The Bluebird card is a reloadable prepaid debit card that comes with lots of benefits. However, to manage your funds in an even more flexible way, you would consider transferring money from Bluebird to bank account.
The Bluebird® by American Express prepaid card is that lets you load money, pay bills and more at basically no fee. The bluebird is ideal for families since it lets them open separate cards for their kids aged 13 and above on the same account, known as subaccounts. Bluebird offers a simple-to-use smartphone app to assist parents in controlling household spending.
A bank account comes with even more flexible ways to manage your funds than Bluebird does. You can save your funds in your saving account and generate interest. You can also use your checking account for many transactions which Bluebird doesn't support.
Because of this, many Bluebird users will want to transfer money from Bluebird card to their bank account.
Transferring money from Bluebird to bank account is an easy and straightforward process.
That said, this article focuses on showing you how to transfer money from Bluebird to bank account.
Table of Contents
What is Bluebird?
The Bluebird card is a prepaid debit card with almost no fees that is provided by American Express and is FDIC-insured. It works nearly identically like a checking account, giving it a helpful alternative for customers without a bank account.
Additionally, Bluebird's family-friendly money management tools can be appealing even if you already have a bank account.
How do I Get a Bluebird Card?
The Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account is a reloadable prepaid debit account that can be used virtually anywhere American Express® Cards are accepted.
Here's how to get a Bluebird card account;
- Buy a Bluebird® American Express® Reloadable Prepaid Card at a Walmart store near you, start using your Bluebird temporary card immediately, then register at Bluebird.com/go to access the full benefits and features of the Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account; or
- Open an Account for a Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account directly online at Bluebird.com
The Bluebird® Bank Account is a fee-friendly bank account with a widely accepted Visa® debit card.
You can open an account online at Bluebird.com.
A customized card will be mailed to the address you entered after you register online.
How do I Add Money to my Bluebird Card?
There are many ways to add money to your Bluebird card which include the following;
- Cash reloads at Walmart and other participating retailers
- Direct deposit
- Mobile check deposit
- From a bank account
Who Can Use Bluebird?
- Families that want kids to learn saving or budgeting in an account linked to parents'.
- People who want a payment card that doesn’t let you go negative or charge overdraft fees.
- Those who have had difficulty getting a bank account and want a low-fee alternative.
Benefits of Using Bluebird
- No monthly or purchase transaction fees.
- Several free ways to add money to the card, including direct deposit, transfers from a linked debit card or external bank account, mobile check deposits and cash reloads at Walmart registers.
- Extensive, free ATM network of over 30,000 MoneyPass ATMs.
- Comes with perks and services uncommon to prepaid cards, such as low balance alerts and family subaccounts.
Can I Transfer Money from my Bluebird card to my Bank Account?
Yes, you can.
Bluebird lets you transfer money from your Bluebird debit account to your linked savings or checking account and the entire process can be done online.
- How To Transfer Money From Direct Express To Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Square To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Emerald Card To My Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From smiONE Card To My Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Payroll Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Fintwist To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From My Vanilla Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From EPPICard To Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Dasher Direct to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Visa Gift Card to Bank Account Instantly [4 Easy Ways]
How to Transfer Money from Bluebird to Bank Account
Transferring money from Bluebird to bank account involves 3 simple steps; — link your bank account to Bluebird, verify your bank account and transfer the funds from Bluebird to your bank account.
However, if you've already linked your bank account to Bluebird, you can just simply skip the first two steps and proceed transferring the funds to your bank account.
Here are the different steps involved in transferring money from Bluebird to bank account.
Step 1: Link Your Bank Account to Bluebird
You'll need your bank account and routing number to link it to Bluebird.
Once you got your account and routing number handy, login to your Bluebird account and go to Money Out >> Transfer to Bank >> Link Bank Account and provide your bank account details.
Step 2: Verify your Bank Account
Once you've linked your bank account to Bluebird, Bluebird will send you 2 small trial deposits within 5 business days to verify your bank account.
Once you've received the trial deposits, login to your Bluebird account, go to Money Out >> Transfer to Bank and enter the two small deposits you received in order to verify your bank account on Bluebird.
Step 3: Transfer Money from Bluebird to Bank Account
Once you've linked and verified your bank account on Bluebird, transferring money to your bank account will be an easy task and can be done in simple steps as follows:
- Log into your Bluebird account.
- Go to Money Out then select Transfer to Bank.
- Select the bank account your linked earlier.
- Enter the amount you'd like to transfer to your bank account.
- Wait 2 to 4 working days for your funds to arrive your bank account.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money from Bluebird to Bank Account
A complete transfer of funds from Bluebird to a linked bank account can take between 2 - 4 business days.
However, if you are to link a bank account before transferring the money, the process can take up to 7 business days.
- How to Transfer Money from Prepaid Card to Bank Account [Complete Process]
- How To Transfer Money From ATM (Debit Card) To Another Bank Account
- How to Send Money From Bank Account Without Verification
- How To Transfer Money From Virtual Card To Bank Account [5 Easy Steps]
- Can I Transfer Money from Netspend to Bank Account? [4 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
- How to Transfer Money from Bank Account to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Singtel Dash to Bank Account
The Bluebird® by American Express prepaid card is that lets you load money, pay bills and more at basically no fee.
The Bluebird® Bank Account is a fee-friendly bank account that works similarly to a checking account.
However, transferring money from Bluebird to a bank account will let you manage your funds in an even more flexible way.
This article compiles the steps you need to send money from Bluebird to a bank account.