If you love using mobile wallets, then you certainly must have heard about Singtel Dash. Just as popular mobile wallets (Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal), Singtel Dash provides a convenient way for Singapore users to get paid. When you get paid, you will definitely need to transfer this funds to your bank account.
How to transfer money from Singtel Dash to bank account? To transfer your funds to your bank account, the first thing you need to do is to make sure your Singtel Dash account is verified. With your account verified, the transfer process will be even easier.
Singtel Dash is one of Singapore's most popular e-wallets. When it comes to transferring funds, this e-wallet will make things a lot easier. Furthermore, Singtel Dash has just joined the nine banks that created PayNow as a rapid way to make payments within the nine banks.
You may wonder if it is possible to transfer funds from Singtel Dash to your bank account since it is just a new non-financial institution that joined PayNow right? That's exactly why we made this guide.
In this guide, I will show you how to transfer money from Singtel Dash to your bank account in an easy and convenient way.
What is Singtel Dash?
Singtel Dash is an all-in-one mobile e-wallet that lets you pay, remit, save, invest and insure from one app. Whether in-store or online, locally or overseas, make secured and easy payments with Dash.
Dash lets you send money to your loved ones in Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and the Philippines easily and on-the-go.
What are the Benefits of Using Singtel Dash?
- On both online and in-store purchases, you'll get discounts and Dash points.
- With just your phone, you can tap and pay for buses and trains.
- Send money quickly and easily to Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and the Philippines.
- Let you easily make payments overseas. in a quicker and secure way.
How to Transfer/Top up money to Singtel
You can use cash to top up your Dash wallet without the hassle of bank transfers and credit cards. SOCASH is an ideal partner recommended by Dash to top up your account.
Here's how to top up/transfer money to your Singtel Dash
- Login to your Singtel Dash account.
- Select Top Up.
- Select "Cash-in QR"
- At the SOCASH outlet, enter the amount and scan the QR code. Present the generated QR code to the cashier.
- After making payment, top up is complete. Check your Dash wallet for your new wallet balance.
Can I Withdraw Money From Singtel Dash?
Yes, you can transfer money from Singtel Dash to bank account.
After you've verified your account, you can withdraw money from Singtel Dash to your bank account via FAST or PayNow. You will no longer be able to top up your Dash wallet using a credit or debit card if you choose this option.
You can now withdraw money from your Singtel Dash account to your bank account, which wasn't the case before.
How to Withdraw Money From Singtel Dash
Thanks to PayNow and FAST. You can now withdraw your money from Singtel to your bank account.
Here's how to withdraw money from Singtel Dash:
- Verify your account
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Go to "Send Money" on your dashboard
- Select PayNow or Bank / Wallet Accounts depending on your mode of transfer
- Select the amount you want to transfer
- Receive your balance
This is just a sketch of the complete process. We will see below, how to transfer money from Singtel Dash to your bank account.
Where Can I Pay With Dash?
You can use Dash to pay at any store that accepts Dash, FavePay, or PayNow payments, as well as Visa contactless payments. You can also perform Dash payments around buses, trains, taxis and island.
You'll need an NFC-enabled phone for Android devices or to add your Dash Visa Virtual Card to your Apple wallet to pay using your phone on buses and trains.
How to Use Singtel Dash for Payments at Sites Such as Shopee, Mrt etc?
You can pay at merchants with Sintel Dash using "Dash Tap and Pay" by just tapping your phone against the Dash scanner.
To pay with Tap and Pay, follow these steps:
- From your phone's settings, enable NFC.
- Start using the Singtel DASH app.
- Notify the clerk about the Dash Payment.
- Lastly, Tap and you are all good.
Transferring Funds With Singtel Dash
Singtel Dash was already an e-wallet before joining PayNow. It simply means that this provider may accept cashless payments, whether online or in-store, for services such as taxi fares, and so on. As long as a Singtel user knows the mobile phone number of the receiver, one Singtel user can send money to another Singtel user.
Although some people may identify certain limitations in its system, it is virtually easy. Singtel Dash subscribers couldn't transfer money from their e-wallet to a bank account back then. But now that Singtel Dash joined PayNow, it is no longer an impossible transaction. Singtel users can now transfer money from their Singtel Dash to bank account.
Step by Step Guide to Transfer Money From Singtel Dash to Bank Account
You may be wondering how to transfer money from Singtel Dash to a bank account like, what are the different steps involved in the process. One thing to keep in mind is that your Singtel Dash account must be verified before you can perform such transaction.
The next time you open your Singtel Dash app after completing the verification process, you will be prompted to activate "PayNow VPA/FAST". This step is important to proceed with the Singtel Dash wallet-bank account transfer.
You won't be able to top up your Dash wallet using a debit or credit card when you activate PayNow VPA/FAST. Furthermore, this modification is permanent.
Here's How to Transfer Money from Singtel Dash to Bank Account:
- Once you have completed the PayNow activation process, you will be given a PayNow Virtual Payment Address (VPA). This is what you will use to add money to your Dash wallet and receive money from other users.
- To make a money transfer, first open your Singtel Dash dashboard. Select the "Send Money" icon.
- You will now be given three alternatives for sending your money. We will concentrate on this for the purpose of this guide. Now, tap "PayNow" to proceed. Remember to double-check that the receiver has previously registered with PayNow. If the person hasn't signed up for PayNow, it's best to stick with the bank account method.
- Let's assume you want to pay with PayNow. Before you send the money, make sure you have any of the following information on your recipient: Virtual Payment Account (VPA), NRIC/FIN, Unique Entity Number (UEN), or Mobile Number.
- Entering the recipient's mobile number, which has already been linked to PayNow, is the easiest option. You can also use the VPA if you don't have such info.
- After you've entered the recipient's details, you'll need to enter the amount you want to send. You can add a message if necessary. However, it is optional.
- After you've double-checked the transfer details, confirm your transfer.
That's how you get to send money from Singtel Dash to your bank account. It is a quite long procedure but that's just how you get to complete such transaction.
How to Transfer Money from Singtel Dash to POSB
POSB Bank, or commonly known as POSB, is a Singaporean bank that specializes in consumer banking and is the country's oldest local bank in continuous existence. With Dash now linked to PayNow, the transfer process of your funds from Singtel Dash to your POSB bank account is even more convenient.
You can easily transfer money from Singtel Dash to POSB bank account with the simple steps aforementioned above. The process should be complicated and is a straightforward one. However, you must verify your Singtel Dash account before you might be able to transfer your funds to your bank.
How to Transfer Money From DBS to Singtel Dash
Transferring money from your DBS account to Singtel Dash is same as topping up your dash account.
This is how the transfer can be done:
- Select Top Up. Select 'Top Up' to your Dash account on the Dash app.
- Enter the amount and scan the QR code. Present the generated QR code to the cashier.
- After making payment, top up is complete. Check your Dash wallet for your new wallet balance.
A complete process on how you can top up your Singtel Dash account has been provided above.
CHECK ALSO: Get Instant Virtual Debit Card Online for Free
Should I Enable PayNow / FAST on Singtel Dash?
You can transfer money between your Dash wallet and your bank account using this feature. The only disadvantage is that you can no longer top up your wallet with credit or debit cards. When you use the Dash wallet, though, you'll still be able to earn Dash reward points!
However, the final choice will be left onto you. You'll have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages to determine which is best for you.
What are the Best Alternatives (Other Mobile Wallets) to Singtel Dash?
You might want to continue with the credit/debit card top-up option for your Dash wallet. Other Dash alternatives that do not restrict your assets in their wallets and thet include:
1. Google Pay
Google Pay allows you to pay a retailer directly with your credit or debit card. Google enables the transfer without the requirement for a wallet to be saved.
You have three payment options for any P2P or PayNow transfers you want to make:
- Standard Chartered
- DBS PayLah!
Google Pay directly takes money from your bank account to complete a purchase and you won't have to initially place your funds in the wallet.
When you pay a merchant with Fave, you can use your debit or credit card instantly, similar to Google Pay. You can also use Fave to connect your GrabPay wallet!
You may be eligible for extremely large partner cashbacks. You can only use it if you return to the same store in the future.
What's great about Fave is that you may make payments with your credit or debit card even if the store does not accept PayWave. When you use your credit or debit card, you can receive rewards!
Furthermore, the cashback you receive is in addition to any other rewards you may be eligible for through your debit or credit cards!
This means you can collect the partner cashback as well as the 1.5% from the cards if you use the Standard Chartered Unlimited or Amex True Cashback cards.
Your PayLah! account will be linked to one of your bank accounts. As a result, you can deposit any amount in your PayLah! wallet into your bank account at any moment.
You can transfer your wallet balance to a Singaporean bank account registered under MyInfo even if you don't have a DBS or POSB account.
DBS PayLah! is one of Singapore's most popular mobile wallets. It's the most adaptable wallet because certain establishments exclusively accept PayLah! as a form of digital payment.
However, because you are not paying using a debit or credit card, you will not be eligible for rewards such as cashback or points.
AirAsia's mobile wallet is called BigPay, and they also have a mobile wallet. Money can be withdrawn from your BigPay wallet and deposited into your bank account. You will, however, be charged a $1 flat fee for each transaction you perform on the platform.
- How to Setup and Get a PayPal Virtual Card
- How to Increase your PayPal Credit Limit
- Get Instant Virtual Debit Card Online for Free
- Free Online Checking Accounts No Opening Deposit No Credit Check
- Best Banks Offering Second Chance Checking with No Opening Deposit
- How to Open A Bank Account In Europe Online & Locally
- Open US Bank Account as a Non-Resident
- How to Get Virtual Bank Account With Routing Number
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer/Withdraw Money From Singtel Dash to Bank Account.
Singtel Dash just joined FAST and PayNow. This link have made many impossible transactions to possible of which an example is the transfer or withdrawal of funds from Singtel Dash to bank account.
However, the unfortunate part of this transaction is, once completed, you won't be able to top up your dash wallet with credit or debit card. So, you need to be very wise and sure before completing this transactions.
As a result, you will be presented with 2 options to choose from which are — Transferring your Dash wallet balance to a bank account or using your credit or debit card to top up your wallet. The one you choose will choose will be the one you will continue using with Dash.