Looking to get an instant virtual debit card online for free? The great deal with instant virtual debit cards is, they let you to spend money instantly and securely online without borders.
Virtual debit cards just as virtual credit cards guarantee and assure the security of your financial activities with them online. Unlike physical cards, these virtual cards make it practically impossible for your money to get stolen by scam sites and thieves where ever you use them. These virtual cards act as buffers between your real or physical card and your funding source and hence, act as an additional layer of security.
Most instant virtual debit and credit card providers let you have full control over your virtual card letting you to easily freeze, modify and easily delete it when necessary and in case its information gets stolen.
Some amazing instant virtual debit cards even let you subscribe for free trials, setting spending limits to your cards and so, preventing the merchants for charging your card when your free trial periods ends. For instance, a virtual card lets you control your free trial on Netflix and prevents them for charging your card when your free trial ends. We call these cards in this case instant virtual debit and credit cards for Netflix.
Talking of the ways to get these virtual debit cards instantly, we find many online banks that let you open an online bank account with instant virtual debit card that is offered freely. These banks are known as the best banks with instant virtual debit card.
However, if you are not interested in holding a bank account that will be linked to your instant virtual debit card, there are still some ways to get a free instant virtual debit card without bank account. This can be a best way of controlling the way you spend online.
That said, this article combines the best ways that you can get an instant virtual debit card online for free. These instant virtual debit cards are also available in the USA and are the best ways you can get US virtual debit cards so feel free to use them.
These virtual card providers have been tested and examined and classified as the best you can use to get instant virtual debit cards online for free
What is a Virtual Debit Card and How Does it Works?
A virtual debit card is one kind that let's you spend online securely and effortlessly. It has a lot of similarities to physical debit card, but it is just in digital form. So if you have experience with a physical debit card, then you won't have any complications to use a virtual one. You can use it for online purchases or add it to mobile wallets such as Apple Pay or Google Pay for secure, contactless in-store purchases.
A virtual debit card is a randomly generated number that is linked to an underlying debit account instead. Unlike credit cards that do not need a funding account source, debit cards do need one. When charges are made using the virtual debit card number, the purchases are routed to the linked account and are subtracted from the balance of the funding source linked to it.
How Do I Get an Instant Virtual Debit Card Online?
There are many instant virtual debit card providers that let you easily get a virtual debit card without going through some complicated steps. Providers such as Revolut, US Unlocked, N26, Privacy, Emburse, Netspend, ecoVirtualCard, Airtm, Bento, many more let you get an instant virtual debit card online.
The above virtual debit card providers will provide you instant virtual debit cards that are completely independent: - that is, they are not linked to any bank account.
You can also get an online bank account with instant virtual debit card which is another best way to keep your funds secured in a virtual bank that is linked to your instant virtual debit card.
However, you can get free instant virtual debit cards from our virtual cards library.
Instant virtual debit card USA:
To get an instant virtual debit card in the United States, you got to first pick up the best provider in the, industry. US Unlocked, Payoneer, Wise, Revolut, N26, Privacy let you get instant virtual debit card in USA. Providers such as American Express are even known for providing virtual US credit cards for non-residents.
What should I expect most from an instant virtual debit card?
If you need an instant virtual debit card it means, you one something that can be ready to spend immediately as it is issued. The best way to spend securely online is with PayPal and the best virtual cards be it credit or debit should be able to accept linkage to PayPal and any other mobile wallet such as Google Pay, Apple Pay. These are some of the best free virtual credit cards for PayPal verification. That's why did not mention Payoneer because their virtual cards as well as their bank accounts are rejected by PayPal so, it can't be ideal for spending.
- Best Online Bank Accounts With Instant Virtual Debit Card
- Free Online Checking Accounts No Opening Deposit No Credit Check
- How to Get Virtual Bank Account with Routing Number
- Best Banks Offering Second Chance Checking with No Opening Deposit
- Guaranteed Approval Credit Cards with $1000 Limits for Bad Credit
- Get Virtual Credit Card Without Bank Account
- How to Open A Bank Account In Europe Online & Locally
- Open US Bank Account as a Non-Resident
- How to Get Virtual Bank Account With Routing Number
- How to Open a European SEPA Bank Account Online
- How to Open a Free US Bank Account Online
Let's talk on some of the best instant virtual debit cards in the present era.
10 Best Instant Virtual Debit Card Providers
A instant virtual debit card that is to be considered best should be able to work effortlessly online on all merchants without being rejected. It must allow linkage to secure payment services such as PayPal to get accepted every where and these virtual debit cards should work perfectly within the United States and other top regions letting non-residents to easily perform purchases from sites based in these territories.
That said, below are the best instant virtual debit card that are gotten completely online of which some are issued for free:
Revolut is London based digital banking and financial institution and that is without doubt the best instant debit card provider that is fully available online and lets you get an instant virtual debit card for free. Revolut extended their services and now became available for all US residents of the 50 States as from March 2020.
They offer all sorts of services and most services they exert cannot be done by some physical cards such as crypto to budgeting and analytics with personal and business options and they have four different types of plans: Standard (free), Plus, Premium and Metal. However, all activities you want to perform with them can be done from the Revolut mobile app.
- Two types of virtual cards on business account:
- Personal virtual card
- Subscriptions virtual cards for paid plans
- No monthly charges required to pay
- Up to 20 personal virtual cards
- Up to 200 subscription virtual cards under a paid plan
- Revolut pricing plans range from free up to $16.99/month
CHECK ALSO: How to Get a Skrill Virtual Mastercard/Visa Card
2. N26 Mastercard Debit Card
N26 is a Berlin, German based digital banking institution that has been providing banking solutions to a wide population worldwide. Their services are available in European countries and can be used in the Single Euro Area Payment Zone (SEPA).
N26 provide a premium bank account that comes with a Mastercard debit card that comes in a choice of colors. No qualms upon signup, get an instant virtual debit card online for free with N26.
N26 recommended by many thanks to its achievement over the past years and are one of the best online banks that offer instant zero balance account with instant virtual debit card.
CHECK ALSO: Best Virtual Credit Card Generator With Money
Features of N26 Mastercard Debit Card
- Accepted Worldwide and charges zero fees for foreign transactions
- No extra fees to be paid
- Can be easily added to mobile wallets (Google Pay, Apple Pay)
- Zero fees charges on ATM withdrawals in any currency included with N26 You and Metal account
Privacy.com is another great virtual card provider. Offers instant virtual debit cards online for free to residents of the United States. And so, they are the best instant virtual debit cards USA. In addition, Privacy.com also offers instant virtual credit cards for free for those interested in getting this kind of virtual card.
The name Privacy.com just defines what they do best. They assure the security and privacy of all their customers by letting them feel free when spending online with their virtual cards.
Features of Privacy.com
- Instant free virtual cards if you use a bank account as a funding source
- Chrome/Firefox extension to instantly change who can charge your card, how much, how often, and to close the card
- Ability to set max charge limits on each card, or lock to a merchant
- Your personal information is 100% private at all times
- They have three pricing tiers: Personal (free), Pro ($10 a month), and Teams ($25 a month)
4. US Unlocked
If you have been searching for the best instant virtual credit/debit cards across the web, then you might have probably fallen on this name "US Unlocked". US Unlock provides instant virtual visa debit card and virtual prepaid cards that you can use on many online merchant.
They give you access to main US brands as they are recommended by many top companies in the world.
US Unlocked let you create a virtual card for every purpose you might want. For instance, you can create a virtual card that is dedicated for Netflix, another one that is dedicated for Amazon, another for Spotify, Hulu, Walmart, HBO etc.
US Unlocked Features
- Order products and services attached to your billing address
- Offers locking to a single merchant with Merchant Specific Payment Card
- Generate an instant free new virtual card number after every online purchase
- Fees: $15 when signing up, plus a monthly fee of $3.5, plus top-up charge, load and transaction fees.
Embourse is another amazing virtual card provider that offers instant virtual debit/credit card through their cloud base solution. They offer a considerable number of additional expense and purchasing automation solutions. They are equally very well secured so your funds are safe with them.
Their cards can be easily linked to mobile wallets such as Google Pay and Apple Pay for safer transactions online.
Features of Emburse
- Set budget, time, and category restrictions
- Apple Pay and Android Pay ready
- Assign each virtual card to a different merchant
- Instantly transfer funds
- Assign virtual cards to remote employees or contractors
- Create an unlimited number of virtual cards
Join us on Telegram for more exclusive tutorials and updates
Talk to us on Facebook.
Bento is another fintech financial institution that offers instant virtual debit cards through their business spending management platform.
As their name "Bento for Business" might suggest, they literally target businesses to help them easily manage their finances and it is easy to setup and you will be required to signup and provide some information concerning your business before the card can be issued to you.
Features of Bento
- They have a mobile app where your virtual cards can be directly managed.
- Set a spending limit for your virtual debit card
- Single purchase or recurring purchases
- Restrict merchant categories, international or other transactions
- For business owners more security, speed and more scalability
- Bento virtual debit card fees are already covered by the monthly pricing plan (first 2 months free)
Airtm is another revolutionary financial institution in the market that offers instant virtual visa debit cards in USD as a local currency. However, you can send you can send any local currency for any other but the rates will have a base value in USD.
As a virtual debit card, they are even exclusive and work as Escrow. Airtm as other instant virtual debit cards on this list work effortlessly with Netflix, Spotify, PayPal, Venmo, and can be used to for bitcoin purchases.
Features of Airtm
- Make online purchases in any currency
- Send and receive money
- Some people use it for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency payments: you can buy crypto, change crypto to USD, and USD to any local currency
- No local restrictions
- No minimum balances or monthly fees
Netspend is another virtual card provider we must mention that provide free virtual prepaid card numbers that can be added to your to an existing prepaid card.
Netspend lets you generate up-to 6 instant virtual debit cards for a single account which can be great to organize and manage your funds and spending online. In addition, their virtual cards can be used internationally without any qualms.
Features of Netspend
- Generate up to 6 free virtual debit cards
- Must link prepaid card to a virtual card
- Must verify identity to be approved
- Can be used internationally
- Fees vary. They offer a monthly plan and pay-as-you-go plan for flexibility. You can check the details here.
ecoVirtualcard is a card offered by ecoPayz to their customers which is generally accepted online by many merchants. This virtual prepaid ecoVirtualcard is basically a virtual debit card and can be accepted globally on any site or online store.
However, the instant virtual debit card you get from them can be used just once and afterwards, the card will no longer be valid.
CHECK ALSO: Get Virtual Credit Card Without Bank Account
Features of ecoVirtualcard
- Used for one single transaction
- You must be entitled to an ecoAccount at the Silver level or above
- No minimum spend and no pre-set amount
- Open three cards at once and pay in USD, EUR and GBP as well
- ecoVirtualcard Fees:
- Activation fee of either £1.50, €1.80 or $2.30
- Aariable transaction and conversion fees depending on your account
10. American Express Go
American Express offers virtual cards through their Amex Go mobile app. If you are a business owner, you can create Amex Go virtual cards for your employees to control spending and simplify reconciliation.
Features of American Express Go
- Can be used anywhere American Express is accepted, including outside the U.S.
- Use online immediately or add to a mobile wallet for on-the-go use
- Keep track of transactions from all users with one consolidated bill
- Virtual card is reusable
- Fees: a one-time fee of $2 per user profile for virtual-only purchases
What to Consider When Choosing an Instant Virtual Debit Card
There are many things to consider before going in for a virtual debit card provider. We have highlighted some of the things to consider below:
Check if Virtual Card is Issued Instantly
If you are going in for an instant virtual debit card, obviously, you will want to be sure if the provider issues the virtual debit card instantly. To be sure of that, check the terms and condition section of the virtual card provider and see if the card will be issued instantly.
Also, consider checking out the paperwork required to be eligible for an instant virtual debit card.
Check if the Virtual Debit Card can be linked to Mobile Wallets and Accepted by merchants
A good virtual debit card it the one that can be easily linked to mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and can be linked to payment gateways such as PayPal for more secure payments. If that is the case, then it can be the best option. Providers such as N26 provides a virtual Mastercard debit card that lets you do all of this.
Check Virtual Debit Card available countries and if it can work on US sites
You will want to make sure that the virtual debit card is available for your country and that it can let you make seamless payments within the US. This is important for non US residents seeking to get a virtual US debit card for non residents as they will want to use it on US sites. Instant virtual debit card in USA let you become eligible for certain offers.
Check the Fees (Monthly and Transaction Fees)
You will want to make sure that the fees of the virtual debit card provider arranges you before going in for their services. Some virtual debit card providers charge some hidden fees but some do not so be very wise with you choice.
Benefits of Using Virtual Debit Cards
Security and Privacy
Both virtual debit cards and virtual credit cards are used to prevent fraud; since they are throwaway numbers, they are useless to thieves. They act as a layer of protection (buffer) between your funding source and your merchant.
Some virtual debit card providers such as Privacy.com take your security and privacy to another level. Your information is not shared for every transaction made.
More Control Over Funds and Spending
Virtual debit card providers give you more control over your card; for instance, they let you set a spending limit for your virtual card and even let you to freeze and delete the card in case its information gets disclosed or stolen.
Save Costs as Business
As a business, you can save processing costs and improve internal controls. Virtual cards are cheaper to produce and mail than checks. You will eliminate paper-based payments with a faster and more efficient payment solution, which can’t be broken into.
Virtual cards and digital wallets can be used to save time for every transaction you would have made with checks. Now, virtual debit cards and credit cards are used on all merchants that accept debit and credit cards as payment methods.
Virtual US Debit Card for Non Residents
You can consult these instant virtual US debit card providers to see if they offer a virtual US debit card for non-residents. However, though it might seem somehow complicated, it wouldn't be that hard to get these virtual cards without being a resident of the United States. On the other hand, VPN services can help you get a virtual US debit card as resident. Here are the best VPN services and how they work.
How to Get US debit card Outside US
Living outside the US is not a limitation to get a debit card from the country. You can apply for a virtual US debit card from US Unlocked. However, you will be required to fill an application form online to apply for your US debit card.
Virtual Debit Card vs Physical Debit Card
These two are both similar and the main difference that exists between them is; one is virtual and the other one is physical. However, virtual cards are more secured than physical cards as they let you get more control over your card.
- Best Instant Credit/Debit Card Immediate Access with Bad Credit in Australia
- Top 10 Best Forex Signal Telegram Forex Groups and Channels to Join
- How to Get a Virtual Bank Account for PayPal
- Best PayPal Alternatives for Freelancers and Business Owners
- Best Paying Survey Websites to Earn Passive Income Daily
- How to Get a Skrill Virtual Card
- How to Get a Free Virtual Credit/Dollar Card in Nigeria
- How to Create a Verified US PayPal Account for Non-Residents
- How to Get a Virtual Credit Card for PayPal Verification
- How to Setup and Get a PayPal Virtual Card
- How to Increase your PayPal Credit Limit
Final Thoughts on Best Instant Virtual Debit Card Online Free
We have talked on the best ways to get an instant virtual debit card of which we mentioned as a first alternative to use online bank accounts with instant virtual debit card. With this, you should be sure to get not only an instant virtual debit card, but equally a virtual bank account that is generally free. Some paper-works might be involved.
We also saw the best virtual instant virtual debit card providers that offer instant virtual debit cards online for free that you can you can link to mobile wallets, and even to PayPal for secure payments. Airtm let you get your free trial on Netflix, Spotify and just as the others on the list, they are practically accepted globally.
Before going in for a virtual debit card, check the issuers terms of service to see if the virtual card can will be issued instantly. Also, checkout the paperwork required before being eligible to get a free instant virtual debit card with them.
Join us on Telegram for more exclusive tutorials and updates
Talk to us on Facebook.