In this completely digitalized world, where all businesses take their products and services to the next level, having a convenient payment method is crucial for online shopping.
A bank account is a financial account that basically lets you store funds safely—a checking account is one that lets you carry out financial transactions from your bank account such as bill payments and online shopping.
Each checking account typically has an account number that helps identify the account to the bank and a routing number that identifies your bank and facilitates money transfers—you can transfer money with your routing and account number.
Your checking routing and account number are important when shopping online and having a hint about online stores that let you shop online and pay with a checking account can save you much time.
That said if you've always been wondering what online stores accept routing and account numbers, keep reading.
To help you out, we've compiled the best online stores that let you shop online and pay with your checking routing and account number.
Table of Contents
Where to Find Your Checking Routing and Account Numbers
It is crucial to find your checking account numbers before using them to make purchases.
There are a few ways to find your routing and account numbers, however, a physical check is a smart first place, to begin with.
Both the account number, which identifies your account, and the routing number, which identifies your bank, are required for online shopping.
First, be mindful that most banks won't provide you your checking account numbers over the phone or email due to security concerns.
Also, the numbers on your deposit slips are for internal processing only—they are not the numbers associated with your checking account.
With all that said, below are the best places to fund your checking account numbers:
- On a Check: Look at the three groupings of numbers in the bottom left-hand corner of a check if you have one available. Your routing number is the string of numbers in the far left corner. Your checking account number is the following set of numbers. The check number is located in the far-right group of numerals.
- On Your Monthly Statements: Whether you receive monthly statements by mail or online, your checking account numbers will probably be printed at the top.
- Online Banking Platform: Your routing and account numbers can typically be found with your other account information if you have enrolled for online banking. The top of your account page typically has it. If not, you can view an e-statement and choose any month to see it.
- At Your Local Bank Branch: As a last resort, you'll have to visit your local bank branch to get the checking account numbers from there in case none of the aforementioned methods helped you out. Just remember to carry along your ID documents.
Pro tip: If you quickly locate your account number but still require the routing number, you may easily find it by searching for your bank's routing number on Google (though you might need the zip code and/or address).
Also Read: Online Shopping Sites With Credit Lines
Can I Shop Online Stores With My Routing And Account Number?
Yes, you can pay online stores with your checking routing and account number.
Paying online stores with checking account numbers is not only secure but convenient as many choose this option over bank card payments.
You just need to make sure you got enough funds in the account to cover the transaction and you're all set for the transaction.
You can as well pay more conveniently with your checking account numbers by linking the account to a payment service like Cash App, Venmo, or PayPal which are accepted as payment methods by many online stores.
What Online Stores Accept Routing And Account Numbers?
Finding online stores that accept routing and account numbers isn't that obvious nowadays with the availability of digital payment methods which tend to be more convenient.
The best is, most of these digital payment methods let you link your checking account which will be used as a funding source for all your transactions.
However, if you're wondering what online stores accept routing and account numbers, you might find the options below useful.
Amazon (Amazon.com) is the world's largest online retailer and a prominent cloud service provider that features a wide range of shopping catalogs from clothes to electronic accessories.
Being the largest online retailer should go with offering the most convenient payment methods for every user.
That said, Amazon is one of the online stores that accept routing and account numbers—meaning, you can shop online and pay with your checking account at Amazon.
You can save the details of your checking account in your profile if you have an Amazon account and an ACH-approved checking account.
Be aware that we cannot accept foreign accounts from countries other than the United States. Additionally, Amazon will only let you make payments using a bank account—you can't use a savings or corporate account.
You can use your checking account to make purchases on Amazon once you've saved the information for your checking account and provided proper state identification.
If you decide to change banks and open a new account, you may also quickly modify this information.
If you have Prime, you may also pay for Amazon Fresh, their grocery delivery service, using your checking account.
With over 10,500 stores and clubs available in 20 countries, Walmart is probably one of the popular retailers that have got what everyone needs.
In a nutshell, Walmart is an American multinational retailer that features a plethora of departments, including Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Books, Movies & TV Shows, Music & Vinyl, Video Games, Arts, Crafts, Sewing & Party Supplies, among others.
Over the years, Walmart has made mobile shopping (or call it online shopping) very easy and convenient for people, and if you'd love using your checking account numbers for payments, Walmart is one of the stores that you'll find at your taste.
With that said, Walmart is one of the online stores that accept routing and account numbers without hassle.
To pay using your checking account numbers on Walmart:
- Shop your favorite items through the Walmart website and proceed to checkout.
- At checkout, select "Pay with Cash" and then choose "Pay with Checking Account" to enter your routing and account numbers.
- Confirm your order and you're done.
Also Read: Online Shopping Without CVV Code: Is It Possible?
3. Google Express
Google Express is an online store with a selection comparable to Amazon, however, the shopping experience is more like searching on Google than browsing on Amazon.
Many stores accept orders through Google Express, and delivery is offered over the whole United States.
When you place an order, you will select a delivery date, and Google or the retailer from which you are purchasing will handle the shipment.
You can quickly and easily pay by check on Google Express by going to Google Pay and linking a checking account.
You must enter your name, routing number, and account number exactly as they appear on your check to link your checking account.
4. Microsoft Store
Microsoft Store is a digital distribution platform operated by Microsoft. It started as an app store for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 as the primary means of distributing Universal Windows Platform apps.
To shop online at Microsoft Store using your checking account:
- Log into your Microsoft account and choose "Payment choices" from the "Payment & billing" tab.
- After that, click "Add a payment option" and select "Bank account."
- Your name, account number, routing number, and address must all be provided.
What Online Stores Accept Routing and Account Number Using E-Checks?
Electronic checks commonly known as e-checks, online checks internet checks or direct debit are a digital version of a paper check.
When an eCheck is used, money is electronically withdrawn from the payer's checking account.
That said, you can easily shop online and pay with a checking account through eChecks which would directly withdraw funds from your checking account.
Here are some online stores that accept routing and account numbers using eChecks.
Overstock.com is an American online retailer that primarily focuses on furniture though it features other catalogs like clothing accessories, and toys.
Overstock.com is unique on this list—it is one of the online stores that accept routing and account numbers through checks and bank transfers.
Here are some of the cool features you'll probably enjoy when shopping at Overstock.com.
- You can pay here by giving out an eCheck.
- Moreover, there is no need to connect your checking account with PayPal service.
- Just make sure that you have the valid eCheck number provided by the bank itself.
- The requirements need to be double-checked before you place the order.
- There are no additional charges for availing this service.
2. Best Buy
Best Buy is another online store that accepts routing and account numbers using eChecks that features a wide range of electronic products and home accessories including; mobile gadgets, phones, laptops, televisions, and much more.
To shop and pay at Best Buy using a checking account eCheck:
- Get an electronic check from your bank.
- You will then provide this number throughout the checkout process.
- Electronic checks, just like paper checks, must be approved and cleared.
- Once Best Buy approves the electronic check, you will receive your order—you'll also receive an email from Best Buy, indicating that the check has been processed.
Vistaprint is one of the online stores that accept routing and account numbers and helps small businesses to market themselves effectively.
Because of this, Vistaprint is a fantastic option for businesses that must make online purchases for their work.
You may quickly order and pay for materials with Vistaprint via electronic check payments.
Because they are simple to maintain for bookkeeping and budgeting concerns, electronic checks are an excellent way to buy things at work.
Also Read: How to Shop Online Without OTP
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion retailer offering compelling clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, and kids.
Along with occasionally having big seasonal specials, Nordstrom's local locations often have fantastic offers to offer.
- You can use an eCheck to transfer the money when you shop online.
- All you have to do is get the eCheck number from your issuing bank and enter it on the checkout page.
- You might have to wait a bit for the package to arrive because the order won't be fulfilled until the payment has been received in full.
- The processing of the eCheck does take a few days.
- If there are any additional delays, we advise you to contact customer support for assistance.
5. QVC Online Store
QVC is an American free-to-air television network and flagship shopping channel specializing in televised home shopping, owned by Qurate Retail Group which lets devoted clients shop, place orders, and pay online using a checking account paper check.
Shopping at QVC with a paper check is easy;
- When you are prepared to check out and have all of your things in your cart, choose "check/money order."
- It goes without saying that you must mail the paper check to the merchant at the specified delivery address since it is a paper check.
- As soon as QVC receives your check, the company must also authorize it. This procedure could take up to a week in total.
- This means that if you need your things quickly, you should think about using a different payment option.
- Your check will be processed and confirmed once it has been accepted and then you'll receive your products.
What Online Stores Accept Routing and Account Numbers Using PayPal?
Some online stores accept routing and account numbers not directly but through PayPal.
Some of them include:
Target (Target.com) is another popular retailer that lets you shop online and pay with your checking account.
When making a physical purchase at a local Target store, customers can pay with cash, gift cards, coupons, or even rebate checks; but, when making an online purchase at Target.com, the situation is slightly different.
- When paying online at Target.com, you must link your checking account to PayPal. You'll need to open a PayPal account if you don't already have one at the time of purchase.
- Customers must wait at least five days after signing up for a PayPal account before making a purchase. The authorities will need this time to confirm your identity and double-check the personal information you have provided.
- You'll receive an email notifying you when that step is over.
- Once you have placed all necessary items in your shopping cart, select PayPal as your payment method. After that, enter your login details to begin making the purchase.
- Target and PayPal will each give you a confirmation email with information about your payment, the amount you sent, and the estimated delivery date.
Whether you choose to shop in person or online, Macy's is one of the most popular retailers in the United States that got what you need.
In fact, you can find the company's regular clients outside of the US.
You can link your checking account to your profile if you have a PayPal account and you'll be ready to shop online with your routing and account number.
To shop online at Macy's with routing and account number using PayPal:
- Go to Macy's, shop your favorite items, and add them to your card.
- After completing your shopping and adding all of your desired items to your cart, Macy's will provide you the option to complete the checkout procedure using PayPal.
- When you click PayPal, your checking account will be the default payment option after you log in to your PayPal account.
- You'll be taken back to Macy's to complete and confirm your order after it has been approved.
- Both Macy's and PayPal will send you a confirmation email to let you know the order has been paid for and processed.
3. Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch is an American lifestyle retailer that focuses on casual wear.
Abercrombie & Fitch is one of the online stores that accept checking accounts when linked to a PayPal account through the routing and account number.
Shopping and paying with your checking account at Abercrombie & Fitch is easy as it is with other online stores on this list.
- You'll need to link your bank account number to your PayPal account, much like with other online stores.
- The payment procedure can then be initiated by logging into PayPal and entering the account number.
- There shouldn't be many checkpoints throughout the payment process itself, which should be swift.
- You will receive payment confirmation emails from both A&F and PayPal.
- They will also let you know how much money has been transferred and when the order will be delivered.
Bloomingdale's is a well-known retailer that lets you shop for men's and women’s fashion accessories, home appliances, toys, health care and beauty products, etc.
As one of the numerous businesses in the PayPal network, Bloomingdale lets customers make payments using their PayPal accounts, where they can select from a variety of payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, or checking account information.
You may expect a quick and simple checkout process because Bloomingdale's adheres to normal PayPal procedures.
How to Pay Online Stores With Routing and Account Number
Now you what online stores let you shop and pay with your checking account numbers, you might be wondering how you can proceed with paying with your account at your favorite online stores.
To pay online stores with routing and account numbers:
- Go to the online store of your linking that support payments via checking account.
- Add the products you need to the shopping cart.
- At the checkout, choose the mode of payment i.e. checking account via PayPal, e-check or paper check.
- Provide your bank account details (routing and account numbers) and necessary information.
- Tap on Continue or something similar to finalize the payment.
- List of Best Banks That Don't Use ChexSystems
- Credit Unions That Don't Use ChexSystems
- Best Online Bank Accounts With Instant Virtual Debit Card
- Free Online Checking Accounts No Opening Deposit No Credit Check
- Best Online Checking Accounts No ChexSystems No Opening Deposit
- Best Banks Offering Second Chance Checking with No Opening Deposit
Websites That Accept Bank Account Payments
Websites that accept bank account payments are similar to those listed above which let you pay through your checking account.
That being said, some websites that accept bank account payments include;
- Microsoft Store.
- Overstock.com etc.
Are There Risks to Paying With Your Checking Account?
Yes. Although it is simple and convenient to use your checking routing and account numbers for online purchasing, you should be aware of the risks.
There is a chance that your information could be compromised whenever you enter personal information, including debit and credit card information, on a website.
Using your bank account to make online payments carries a number of risks, including:
- Data theft: Untrustworthy websites can give your personal information to third parties. Make sure that you only shop on sites that are verifiable and trustworthy.
- Security breaches: Hackers can break into a website's security system and steal your information.
- Phishing schemes: When shopping online, keep an eye out for suspicious links or questionnaires that invite you to provide your personal information.
Even while you can't guarantee you won't become a victim of one of these cases, you can reduce the risk by only making online purchases from trustworthy and verified retailers.
Additionally, you should be careful to avoid using your private information on public computers where others have easy access.
Again, make sure that your device's security software is up to date.
Online Shopping With Electronic Checks
You can use your bank account to make purchases online, but some merchants also let you use electronic checks, commonly known as e-checks.
One advantage of using electronic checks over conventional paper checks is that they often process significantly more quickly.
Additionally, there is a chance that a paper check will be lost or stolen in the mail if you write one.
PayPal is now one of the greatest methods for making electronic check payments. Some of the major online merchants that accept electronic checks as payment include Amazon, eBay, and Cabela's.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I pay online with my checking account?
You can pay online with your checking account at Amazon, Best Buy, Macy's, QVC, Target, etc.
How can I send money instantly using my account and routing number?
Log in to your online banking account or mobile banking app. Choose Wire Transfer. Enter the routing number and account number for your new bank. Enter the amount you want to transfer. Confirm the transfer.
What can I pay with my routing and account number?
You can pay some bills, like credit card payments or utilities, with an account and routing number.
Final Thoughts: Shop Online and Pay With Checking Account
With the availability of digital payment methods, finding an online store that let you shop online and pay with a checking account isn't that obvious.
However, there are still some online stores that accept checking routing and account numbers either directly (Amazon), through eChecks (Best Buy, Overstock.com), or through PayPal (Target.com).
While shopping online with your checking account, be cautious of the risk involved and never provide any personal information that can be used to gain unauthorized access to your account.