"Does Zelle work with Walmart Money Card?" That's a frequent question asked among many Zelle and Walmart Money Card users. We'll be answering that later in this article.
The digital payment ecosystem has evolved over the past years thanks to financial apps such as Zelle that facilitate the transfer of funds from one account to another.
Zelle is a digital payment app that records billions of dollars transferred yearly.
The Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable prepaid card with numerous benefits especially when used for purchases.
Zelle works with most U.S. banks and credit unions and its support for prepaid cards such as the Walmart MoneyCard is uncertain.
That said, this article focuses on answering the question does Zelle work with Walmart MoneyCard and what other prepaid cards that work with Zelle.
Table of Contents
What is Zelle?
Zelle® is a quick, safe, and simple way to send and receive money from people you know and trust who have a bank account in the United States — typically in minutes if both sender and receiver are already enrolled in Zelle® at their financial institution or in the Zelle® app.
How do I Use Zelle?
Using Zelle is simple. All you need to do is to download the app and sign up
Here's how a typical send transaction works after you sign up for Zelle® with your email address or U.S. mobile phone number:
- Set up and send: Add or select a trusted recipient, enter the amount to be sent, and select an account from which to fund your payment. Before sending your payment, carefully review and validate the details. Sending money with Zelle® is similar to exchanging cash with someone because most payments are sent in minutes between enrolled users.
- Recipient is notified: If your recipient is not already enrolled with Zelle® at their financial institution or in the Zelle® app, they will be notified by email or text message with the details of your payment and instructions on how to enroll to receive the money.
- Recipient enrolled: If your recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number is not already registered with Zelle®, they must do so in order to receive funds. They will have fourteen (14) days to complete their one-time enrollment using the same email address or United States mobile phone number that you used to send the payment.
- Money is sent: Once your recipient has enrolled and linked their eligible account to their email or U.S. mobile phone number, the funds are transferred directly to their account and are typically available within minutes.
Even if you don't intend to send money with Zelle®, you should sign up with an eligible account and a U.S. mobile phone number or email address.
If someone wants to send you money using Zelle®, the money will be quickly transferred to your account.
What is the Walmart MoneyCard?
The Walmart MoneyCard is a debit card that does not require a bank account or a credit check, avoiding overdraft fees.
The MoneyCard is one of several prepaid debit card options that have emerged in recent years for those who are unable or unwilling to open traditional bank accounts.
Benefits of the Walmart MoneyCard
- Earn cash back on Walmart purchases
- Get paid up to 2 days early
- Unlock overdraft protection up to $200
- Waive your monthly fee with 500+ direct deposit
Does Zelle Work With Walmart Money Card?
No, Zelle does not work with Walmart Money Card.
Generally, Zelle does not accept prepaid cards but, the app only accepts a few prepaid cards from some Zelle Network banks.
The Walmart MoneyCard isn't issued by a Zelle network bank which means, the card would certainly not work with Zelle.
Many users, however, say that Zelle accepted their prepaid cards meaning, Zelle accepts some prepaid cards by luck. You can always try to be sure.
Your prepaid card must be however, issued by a Zelle Network bank.
Can I Link any Card to Zelle?
Zelle only lets you link debit cards to your account. You wouldn't be able to link a credit or prepaid card to your Zelle account.
Zelle is a digital payment app that lets users send money instantly from one bank account to another.
The Walmart Money Card is a reloadable prepaid card with lots of benefits.
Zelle does not work with the Walmart Money Card since it doesn't work with most prepaid cards.