Target, the land of bullseyes and bargain deals, just got even more convenient thanks to the power of contactless payments.
Contactless payments, uh! Is Google Pay among these digital wallets accepted at Target? Of course, Target does take Google Pay as a payment method, offering you a secure and convenient way to make purchases at the retail giant.
While Target has adopted Google Pay as a payment method, it, however, only lets you use the digital wallet for in-store purchases. You cannot use Google Pay for online purchases at Target.com or Target app—at least, for now.
Table of Contents
Should You Use Google Pay At Target?
If you're looking for a secure and convenient way to complete checkout at Target stores through your Android device, then you should consider using Google Pay. It is fast, secure, and does not require you to follow a complicated setup process to get started.
Google Pay is the contactless payment option for Android users, while Apple Pay, on the other hand, is available for iOS users.
How To Use Google Pay At Target
Now we know Google Pay is available for in-store purchases at Target stores, let's see how we can go about using the mobile wallet for payments at Target.
I've compiled the hefty process in three simple steps:
Step 1: Get things ready
- Double-check location: Most Target stores accept Google Pay, but not all. Look for the contactless payment symbol (wavy, four-pointed star) near the checkout, or ask a friendly cashier.
- Minimum purchase: Remember, even at Target, deals have limits. Your cart total needs to be at least $1 to use Google Pay.
- Google Pay setup: Ensure your preferred card is linked to your Google Pay app and your device is updated to the latest software.
Step 2: Tap and Conquer
- Open the Google Pay app: Unlock your smartphone and open the Google Pay app.
- Select your card: Choose the card you want to use for your Target purchase.
- Hold near the reader: Find the contactless reader at the checkout (usually a small pad with the same wavy symbol). Hold your phone or smartwatch close to it.
Step 3: Make the Payment
- Authenticate payment: Follow the prompts on your device to authorize the payment using your fingerprint or PIN.
- Hear the beep: A beep or "Payment successful" message confirms your shopping triumph!
What Payment Methods Does Target Accept?
Target offers a diverse range of payment methods to cater to all your shopping needs, whether you're a cash fiend, a card connoisseur, or a tech-savvy tapper. Here's a comprehensive list:
- Cash: The classic and universal option, ideal for exact change or when contactless payments aren't available.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Target accepts most major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Target credit cards (RedCard, Debit Card, Mastercard).
- Gift Cards: Target Gift Cards, eGift Cards, and mobile Target Gift Cards are a convenient way to pay, offer great gift options, and let you manage your budget.
- EBT Cards: Target accepts Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards for eligible food and beverage purchases.
- Checks: Target still accepts checks at most in-store locations, though electronic verification is used for faster processing.
- Target Wallet: This handy app combines Target Circle offers, coupons, and RedCard benefits, and even stores cash withdrawals (for Target Debit Card) into one mobile payment system.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Same as in-store, most major credit and debit cards are accepted for online purchases.
- EBT Card: Target accepts SNAP EBT card payments online.
- PayPal: This popular digital wallet makes online checkout quick and secure.
- Target RedCard: RedCard holders can enjoy the additional perks of their loyalty program while shopping online.
- Target Express Checkout: Save your preferred payment information for even faster online checkouts.
- Affirm, Sezzle, PayPal Pay in 4, Afterpay, Klarna, and Zip: These buy-now, pay-later options allow you to split your purchase into installments, providing budgeting flexibility.
- Third-party gift cards: Target accepts gift cards from popular brands like American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Target does take Google Pay as a payment method.
Whether you're a budget-conscious shopper or just crave checkout convenience, Google Pay has unlocked a new level of Target experience. No more fumbling for wallets, juggling bills, or waiting in long lines. Just tap, pay, and conquer your shopping spree with the ease and security of your smartphone.
So, next time you're craving a Target run, remember – ditch the cash, grab your phone, and get ready to tap your way to shopping bliss