Cash App is a popular P2P payment service owned by Square (now known as Block, Inc.) which is a leader in the financial technology industry. Because of lack of flexibility of funds, Square users however, want to transfer money from Square to Cash App.
There are many more reasons Square users want to transfer their funds to their bank accounts of which one of them is because Square isn't FDIC-secured. Some users however, are just looking to use their funds in a more flexible manner and perform activities such as sending money to friends and family.
Though Square owns Cash App, a direct transfer of funds between both apps isn't possible. But however, there is an indirect way to transfer money from Square to Cash App.
This is the same situation faced with PayPal users who find it difficult to transfer money from PayPal to Venmo, which is a subsidiary of PayPal.
That said, in this article, I will show you how to transfer money from Square to Cash App without hassle.
Table of Contents
What is Square?
Block, Inc., formerly Square, Inc., is a San Francisco, California-based financial services and digital payments company. Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey created the company in 2009, and its initial platform was introduced in 2010.
Since November 2015, it has been trading as a public corporation on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol SQ.
Square, Inc. was the company's name until December 10, 2021.   The company's named-after small-business product is still called "Square." Square is a payment platform for small and medium enterprises that allows them to accept credit card payments and use tablet computers as point-of-sale terminals. Block is also the owner of a number of other businesses including; Afterpay, Weebly, Tidal.
What is Cash App?
Cash App (previously Square Cash) is a mobile payment service established by Block, Inc. that allows users to send money to one another via a mobile phone app (for a 1.5 percent fee for instant transfer).
Only residents in the United Kingdom and the United States have access to the service. The service reported 70 million yearly transactional customers and $1.8 billion in gross revenues in September 2021.
Can I Transfer Money from Square to Cash App?
The answer will depend on which method you want to proceed with. If you want to transfer money from Square to Cash App using a direct process, then, the answer is No since both apps don't integrate.
However, you can transfer money from Square to Cash App indirectly using a linked bank account.
- How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Virtual Card To Bank Account [5 Easy Steps]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App | Cash App to Google Pay
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- Does Chime Work With Zelle?
How to Transfer Money from Square to Cash App
To transfer money from Square to Cash App, you will first have to add a bank account to both your Square and Cash App, transfer the funds from Square to your bank account and finally, move the funds from your bank account to Cash App.
The steps below are those you should follow in order to transfer money from Square to Cash App
1. Add a Bank Account to Square and Cash App
Since we will be using a bank account as a bridge, the bank account must be linked to both your Square and Cash App account.
You will need your bank account and routing number to link it to both apps.
Here's how to link a bank account to Square:
- Open your Square App.
- Go to menu, and tap Settings > Account > Bank Account > Add Bank Account.
- Enter the requested bank account information. You can find this information listed at the bottom of your checks, or you can contact your bank to confirm this information.
- Click Continue.
Here's how to link a bank account to Cash App:
- Open Cash App.
- Tap the Profile Icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Select Linked Banks.
- Tap Link Bank.
- Follow the prompts.
2. Transfer the Money from Square to Bank Account
Square lets you transfer funds to your bank account. Depending on how you want to the transfer to be completed, you can use the instant transfer process or the standard transfer process.
You should keep in mind that, if you use the instant transfer from Square to your bank account, you will be charged a fee of 1.5% of the total amount to be transferred. Standard transfers are usually fee-free and can take up to 3 working days to reflect into your bank account.
Here is an in-dept guide to transfer money from Square to bank account.
3. Transfer the Money from Bank Account to Cash App
Once the funds arrive into your bank account, the last step will be to transfer them to your Cash App account.
Here's how to transfer money from bank account to Cash App
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Press Add Cash.
- Choose an amount.
- Tap Add.
- Use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm.
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
Square, Inc., is an American financial services and digital payments company based in San Francisco, California.
Cash App is a popular P2P payment service owned by Square.
Though Square owns Cash App, both apps don't integrate which make it impossible to directly transfer money from Square to Cash App.
However, you can indirectly transfer money from Square to Cash App using a linked bank account. This article compiles steps to complete the transfer without hassle.