For approved ReliaCard applicants, unemployment benefits are sent to their ReliaCard but, what time does money go on ReliaCard? That's what we'll be seeing today.
Many individuals suffer from Unemployment and a major cause of this is due to the pandemic that hit the country's economy.
Individuals found in such situations have lots of overdue bill and no one can live a peaceful life in such a situation.
Countries such as the U.S. fighting against unemployment by providing benefits to residents in such situations.
The US Department of Labor conducts a joint state-federal program that gives cash benefits to qualifying workers to help cushion the unemployed population.
To be eligible for unemployment benefits, you must have lost your job due to no fault of your own.
To begin receiving unemployment benefits, you must file a claim or certification in the state where you worked in person, online, or by phone.
ReliaCard users in some states can receive their unemployment benefits straight into their bank accounts, transferred to a dedicated prepaid debit card with a chip, or received paper checks once they've been approved.
The USBank ReliaCard is used by a number of states to distribute unemployment benefits.
ReliaCard users are impatient to receive their money on their card account which generally prompts them to ask; what time does money go on ReliaCard. The sure thing is, the money will arrive into your ReliaCard.
In this article, I will focus on telling you what time does money go on ReliaCard.
Table of Contents
What is a ReliaCard?
The ReliaCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card issued by U.S. Bank.
The ReliaCard allows you to receive payments from government agencies in an electronic format.
It is not a credit card, but it functions in the same way as other prepaid debit cards.
After money have been put to the card account, it can be used to make purchases, pay bills, and make transactions via the internet, phone, or mail.
On each payment period, your benefits will be automatically put onto your card.
The card can then be used to pay bills, get cash back on purchases at retailers that give the most cash back, withdraw cash from in-network ATMs, banks, and credit unions that dispense $5, $1, $50, and $100 bills, and make purchases at places that accept Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards.
How Do I Get the ReliaCard?
To receive the U.S. Bank Visa ReliaCard, you must complete the application form completely and send it to the address provided. You must enter information such as;
- Your first and last name
- Your Physical address
- Zip Code
- Social Security number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Date of application
Because the federal government demands that every financial institution obtain and verify such information to aid in the fight against terrorism and money laundering, the US Bank requires a lot of information from you.
From the time you submit your application, your card will arrive in 5-7 business days.
After you receive the card, you must activate it online either the ReliaCard website or through the ReliaCard mobile app. After that, you can begin making purchases with the card.
As soon as the ReliaCard is activated, you can transfer money from your ReliaCard to a bank account. It is not necessary to wait long to begin using it.
What Time Does Money Go On ReliaCard?
According to a US Bank customer representative, money goes on ReliaCard the next business day after the state loads ReliaCard unemployment benefits into your account.
That means you'll have access to your money one working day after your state distributes it.
There is no specific deposit time for ReliaCard.
ReliaCards are used by government entities to disburse payments (in collaboration with ReliaCard's issuer, U.S. Bank); unlike traditional debit cards, users cannot deposit money into their ReliaCard.
Because only the state can deposit funds into your card, the terms of your deposit will differ based on the disbursement policy of your individual benefit program.
Deposits into ReliaCard accounts take two business days to post once they have been submitted by the payor.
During the weekends and holidays, you may experience increased wait times.
Allow a day or two for your ReliaCard unemployment benefits to arrive if your payment date falls on a weekend or holiday.
However, depending on the specific program's disbursement policy in your state or the approval process, ReliaCard deposit times may differ from state to state.
What Time Does ReliaCard Deposit Times?
Reliacard deposit times vary by state, depending on whether you obtain your certification weekly or biweekly.
After your state agency deposits funds into your ReliaCard account, the normal period is 1-2 working days.
If your state agency deposits your ReliaCard unemployment benefits the day after your weekly certification, money will most likely be on your ReliaCard within 24 hours.
As a result, it's safe to assume that there are no one-size-fits-all ReliaCard deposit cards.
You can't say Reliacard deposit times are every Friday at midnight, for example.
The time money appears on ReliaCard varies by state, depending on when the money is deposited into your account.
Keep in mind that your ReliaCard is an unique payment method for collecting unemployment benefits from the government.
You can't to make a deposit on the card. As a result, deposit times vary depending on the disbursement procedure of your state's program and the exact day or time you receive your weekly certification.
Sign up to receive text or email reminders when your unemployment benefits are posted to avoid the guessing game about when money will appear on ReliaCard.
What Time Does Reliacard Post Deposits?
ReliaCard does not have a set time for posting deposits. ReliaCard deposit timeframes vary based on when your state agency deposits funds into your ReliaCard account.
The same day the monies are released onto your ReliaCard account by the state agency, US Bank ReliaCard publishes deposits.
However, the cash will not be available until the next working day. Unless it's a weekend or holiday, deposits won't be ready to spend until the next day.
Sign up for SMS or email notifications on the US bank's website or mobile app to eliminate the uncertainty and stress of waiting.
ReliaCard will send you notifications as soon as deposits are made.
What Are The Benefits Of Being A ReliaCard User?
While the Covid pandemic has made life tough for many people who are unable to work from home, using the ReliaCard has a number of advantages that can make life easier.
- Fast: — When you register on ReliaCard, funds are automatically transferred into your card account. There will be no lines, no bureaucratic hoops to jump through, and no cash or check deposits. You may easily access your funds whenever you need them.
- Convenience: — ReliaCard allows you to make purchases quickly and effortlessly by allowing you to use it like a regular debit card. You can use it to withdraw cash from ATMs, as well as in retail businesses, restaurants, pharmacies, and movie theaters.
- Security: — Carrying too much cash isn't always a good idea. Having a card that allows you to access your finances at all times is a safe method to have your money on you at all times.
- Savings: — You can also save money because you don't have to go to a check cashier every time you need money.
- Tracking Expenses: — The ability to track every expense is one of the most critical parts of internet banking that users rely on. You can see all of your transactions, including where you've withdrawn cash, swiped your card, and much more. You may also contact customer care at any time during the day, making it easier to keep track of your expenditures.
- Purchasing Power: — While credit cards require a credit check and may accrue interest if bills aren't paid on time, a ReliaCard provides you with the purchasing power and protection that Visa and Mastercard cards provide without the need for a credit check.
- Safety: — The FDIC insures your funds, ensuring that they are safe from loss or theft. You'll get a full refund on your new card if your card is stolen and your funds are used without your permission.
- Reliability: — You may experience delays if you rely on traditional, old-school banking methods. Checks are also stolen or misplaced from time to time, causing additional issues. You'll always get your money on time with the ReliaCard.
You may be eligible for ReliaCard unemployment benefits if you lost your job due to no fault of your own.
To get benefits, go to the state where you worked and file a claim in person, online, or over the phone.
If you're approved, US Bank will send you a ReliaCard within 10 days. Your weekly or biweekly rewards will be paid by your state agency.
It takes 1-2 days for the money to appear on your card when your state agency deposits the funds into your account.
ReliaCard will deposit funds the same day they are received in your account. After your weekly certification, funds will usually be available the next business day.