Notifications are what keep us connected to apps and services.
Whether you're using an entertainment app for watching movies and TV shows or dealing with banking apps like Cash App, you definitely rely on app notifications to keep track of the apps' latest updates, and events, and even to track your finances.
Cash App is a popular P2P payment app that you probably use for making payments among other transactions. If you're looking to keep an eye on any transaction through your financial account, you definitely need notifications turned on.
Sometimes, however, this feature of the app tends to misbehave — even if you've taken care of a Cash App notification, it won't still go away.
You aren't the only one facing this issue. I myself have faced it before and found out how to easily tackle it.
In this article, we'll see why Cash App notifications won't go away and troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the issue in no time.
Table of Contents
Why Cash App Notification Won't Go Away?
Cash App notifications won't go away is a common issue faced by most Cash App users. There are a handful o reasons why this issue occurred and knowing these reasons is key to resolving the issue.
With that said, here are the reasons why Cash App notifications won't go away.
1. The Notification Is For An Important Alert
For sure, Cash App, just like other apps we use send us notification for important updates.
However, finance apps such as Cash App usually insist on most of their notifications, especially when it's about an important activity on your account.
The notification might be about a pending payment or account security (including scam alerts and unauthorized transactions) — which are two of the most important alerts you'd want to be reported by the app.
2. Technical Glitches
Headup! A technical glitch is one of the main reasons why the Cash App notification won't go away issue persists.
And of course, technical glitches can come from your end or Cash App's end. Here are a couple of technical glitches that can result in the Cash App notification won't go away issue.
- App Glitches: Cash App itself usually bugs and if you've been using the app for some time now, you probably must have encountered this especially if you're an iPhone user.
- Phone Glitches: Your mobile phone relies on its internal resources to offer you the best mobile experience. If some of its resources such as the RAM or Storage are completely used up, the phone would begin to lag and might cause most apps, including Cash App to misbehave it's likely that you encounter the Cash App notification won't go away issue. Sincerely speaking, this was the cause of the issue on my side.
- Cash App's Servers Are Down: Cash App relies on its secure servers to offer users the services they typically find within the app. If the servers aren't working properly, the app itself will begin to lag or misbehave and this can result in the Cash App notification won't go away issue.
3. Poor Internet Connection
Cash App is an internet-dependent app and it relies on a good internet connection from your end to keep you connected to its servers and assure a smooth usage of the app's features.
If you tried taking action for a notification received from Cash App with a poor internet connection, chances for you succeeding are really small — and of course, the notification won't go away.
How To Fix Cash App Notification Won't Go Away
Fixing the Cash App notification won't go away issue is relatively simple and straightforward so long as you know what caused the issue.
For your convenience, I've provided all troubleshooting tips to take (in appropriate order) so you can easily get the issues resolved on your end.
With that said, if your Cash App notifications won't go away, you might want to take the troubleshooting tips below to resolve the issue.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
I know you probably have a good connection. But does it hurt to check? Probably no.
And again, it is important for proceeding to the next troubleshooting tip.
So I just need you to check your internet connection and make sure your network coverage is good. If, after checking, you realized that it was the reason why you weren't able to complete what's required by the Cash App notification, take the required action again, and everything will be just fine.
And guess what? You wouldn't be required to proceed to the next troubleshooting tip if this worked out for you.
2. Take The Required Action For The Notification
At times, you might think you've done what you believe is right to clear off the notification.
I'm not saying you haven't. Don't get me wrong. But think of it, if Cash App keeps on insisting on that notification, it means it's vital for your account.
The alert might be a result of an unauthorized transaction, security concerns (scam alert), or even because of a pending Cash App payment.
- If the notification is about an unauthorized transaction, you'll need to take all actions required by Cash App to keep your account safe from common issues like Cash App taking money without permission — which usually occur as a result of an unauthorized transaction.
- If the notification is a scam alert, you'll need to take immediate action to prevent your account from getting hacked. If you were already scammed, you'll need to take additional steps to get your money back. Until then, if the issue isn't still resolved, the Cash App notification won't go away and the app might continue sending repeated notifications of the same issue.
- If the notification is a result of a pending Cash App payment, take the required steps to complete the pending transaction and make the notification go away.
3. Check Your Notification Settings
Notifications are automatically enabled on Cash App and there's a good number of users who have never set their notification preferences for Cash App.
And there's a great chance you reading this haven't done so yet.
Cash App lets users set their notification preferences, allowing them to disable push notifications among other notifications. and doing this might fix the Cash App notification won't go away issue.
To do so:
- Tap the profile icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Tap "Notifications".
- Toggle how you'd like to receive notifications.
You can disable Push notifications in the app.
4. Clear Cash App's Cache Data
A cache is a temporary storage of your Cash App data so the app will easily load up on the next session. If this data is overloaded, it might result in bugs, which will cause the app to misbehave upon the next session or ongoing one.
Clearing off the cache data often will help prevent Cash App from bugging and other technical-related issues such as notification won't go away.
To clear your Cash App's cache data:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and select "Apps & notifications."
- Tap the "See all" option at the bottom.
- Tap the app name whose app cache you want to clear.
- Tap "Storage and cache."
- Select "Clear cache."
- Tap "Clear storage" to clear data and cache.
After clearing Cash App's cache data, restart your phone and everything will be alright.
5. Update Your Cash App Mobile App
Updating Cash App is a great way to fix the notification won't go away issue.
New versions usually come with bug fixes and improvements in available features. If the issue is a result of a bug within Cash App, then updating Cash App will help fix the issue.
To update your Cash App:
- Open Play Store or App Store and search for Cash App.
- Click on the Update button.
- Wait for the app to update.
6. Disable Cash App Notification On Your Phone
Disabling Cash App notification is another way to fix the Cash App notification won't go away issue. This method works for both Android and iPhone.
To disable Cash App notification on Android:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Click on "Apps & notifications" or "Apps".
- Find and select "Cash App" from the list that appears.
- Select "Notifications".
- Toggle off the notifications to receive from the Cash App.
To disable Cash App notifications on iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select "Notifications".
- Find and select "Cash App" from the list that appears.
- Toggle on or off the notifications to receive from the Cash App.
Keep in mind that disabling Cash App notifications will highly impact the app's security in that you won't receive any alerts concerning transactions and security concerns.
With that said, I wouldn't recommend this method that much.
7. Contact Cash App Support
Contacting Cash App support is a great way to understand the nature of an issue you're facing and possibly fix the issue.
So if you're facing the Cash App notification won't go away issue, contacting Cash App can help.
To contact Cash App support:
- Tap the profile icon in Cash App
- Select "Support".
- Select "Start a Chat" and describe your issue.
How Do I Clear Cash App Notifications That Won't Go Away?
To clear a Cash App notification that won't go away, start by taking the required action for the notification. If this doesn't work, disable notifications from your phone's settings and enable it back.
You can also set your notification preferences in Cash App as shown above.
How Can I Delete A Cash App Notification?
You can delete a Cash App notification by swiping it left or right. If it doesn't go away, press and hold the notification then use the options that appear to delete it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won't my Cash App notifications go away?
Your Cash App notification won't go away unless you do what's required by the notification. If you've done that already, then clear off the app's cache data and set your notification preferences.
How do I fix Cash App notifications not disappearing?
Check the app's notification preferences to make sure they're to your taste. You can also disable Cash App notifications on your phone if you don't want to receive notifications from the app anymore.
What if my Cash App notifications are stuck on the lock screen?
If your Cash App notifications are stuck on the lock screen, unlock your device and clear them off. This will probably fix the issue.
Can I turn off Cash App notifications?
Yes, you can turn off Cash App notifications either on your phone or by setting your notification preferences in the app.
Cash App notifications are what keep us updated about anything related to our account.
If a Cash App notification won't go away, consider checking your notification preferences in Cash App, clearing Cash App's cache data, updating Cash App, and/or contacting Cash App support to help resolve the issue.
Of course, those are my best picks to help you resolve the Cash App notification won't go away and in my case, freeing some space and clearing the app's cache helped me resolve the issue.
What method worked out for you? Let us know in the comments section.