Money transfer has become an important trend in the financial industry.
In fact, it is key to maintaining a healthy financial.
However, nowadays, modern technology is a core part of the financial industry—and many Financial Technology (FinTech) companies have evolved as a fruit of this modernization to offer people an easier way to manage their finances and transfer funds from one account to the next.
They use a quick payment scheme, known as the peer-to-peer (P2P) payment scheme—which allows customers to send and receive money instantly, conveniently, and securely.
They've also come with plenty of perks when financial management is a concern as they offer a couple of financial tools to allow customers to maintain healthy finances and better plan their budget.
If you've used both apps before, you must have had this exciting idea of moving funds between the two financial giants.
To help you out, we've compiled the different ways to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
Table of Contents
What is PayPal and How Does it Work?
PayPal is a safe and secure online payment system that allows you to send and receive money.
You can use PayPal to make online purchases with participating stores when you link your bank account, credit card, or debit card to your PayPal account.
PayPal acts as a middleman for your bank and merchants, protecting your payment details.
You can also use PayPal to send and receive money from friends and family in a safe manner. This function comes in handy when splitting rent with housemates or receiving money for a birthday.
What is Cash App and How Does it Work?
Cash App is a money-sending and receiving app. Users can sign up for a free account, which allows them to send and receive money from other users in the same country.
You select a unique username, known as a $cashtag, after downloading the Cash App app. Users can also be tracked down using their account's phone number or email address.
Cash App users can receive an optional Visa debit card that allows them to withdraw cash from an ATM or utilize funds from their Cash App account.
Can You Send Money From PayPal To Cash App?
Yes, you can send money from PayPal to Cash App, but not directly.
While PayPal and Cash App are two financial giants with a plethora of similarities, neither of the apps allows users to integrate one app into the other.
How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App
As earlier mentioned, a direct transfer from PayPal to Cash App is not possible.
However, you can indirectly transfer money from PayPal to Cash App through a couple of ways, which include;
- Using a linked bank account.
- Using the Cash Card.
- Asking a friend to help.
Method 1: Using A Linked Bank Account To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App
While waiting for a possible integration, using a linked bank account to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App is the best approach you can use in the meantime.
In this case, you'll typically have to link the same bank account to both PayPal and Cash App, initiate a withdrawal from PayPal to your bank, and finally, transfer money from your bank to Cash App.
Let's cover each step in detail.
1. Link Your Bank Account to PayPal
The first thing you'll want to do is link your bank account to PayPal.
You may need your bank account and routing number to link it to your account to PayPal if should in case you have to use the manual process.
Linking your bank account to PayPal will help verify the account and enable easy transfers from one account to the next.
To link your bank account to PayPal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to your "Wallet."
- Click "Link a bank account".
- Follow the instructions on the page to link your bank account information.
2. Transfer Money from PayPal to Your Bank Account
Once you've linked your bank account to your PayPal account, the next thing you'll want to do is transfer the funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.
Thankfully, the process is very easy and straightforward as long as you've linked and verified your PayPal account.
To do so:
- Log into your PayPal account
- Go to the "Wallet" section and click "Transfer Money."
- Click "Transfer to your Bank."
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Double-check the information then click "Transfer Now."
3. Link Your Bank Account to Cash App
Now, you have to link your bank account to your Cash App account—which is pretty easy and straightforward.
To do so:
- Login to your Cash App account.
- Tap the Profile Icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Select "Linked Banks".
- Tap "Link Bank".
- Follow the prompts.
4. Transfer Money from Your Bank Account to Cash App
Finally, once you've linked your bank account to Cash App, the last thing to do will be to transfer the funds from your bank account to Cash App.
To transfer money from your bank account to Cash App:
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Press "Add Cash."
- Choose an amount.
- Tap "Add."
- Use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm.
Method 2: Using The Cash Card To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App
Another great way to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App is through the Cash Card.
The Cash App card, also known as the Cash Card, is a Visa debit card that is directly linked to your Cash App balance and allows you to manage this one in a more flexible way.
To proceed with this method, you'll need to order a Cash Card online if you don't have one yet then, link the card to PayPal as a funding source for your transactions.
To link the Cash Card to PayPal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- G to the "Wallet" section.
- Tap "+" beside "Add Banks and Cards."
- Tap "Debit and Credit Cards."
- Enter your Cash Card details and link it to PayPal.
After linking the card to PayPal, you can start transferring funds from PayPal to Cash App through it.
However, most users usually find it difficult to link their Cash App cards to PayPal and if that's the case for you, I'll recommend sticking to the method using the linked bank account.
Method 3: Ask A Friend For Help
Another great way you can use it as a last resort when looking to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App is by asking a friend for help.
PayPal and Cash App are two popular financial apps and probably have customers in all corners of the country.
Following that, there's a great chance you'll find someone (a friend or relative you trust preferably) to help you transfer funds from PayPal to Cash App.
Here's how you'll request for a friend's help;
- You'll first need to check in your entourage if there's someone using both apps.
- Once you find a trusted user, you just need to ask if he/she can help you with a transfer from PayPal to Cash App; You'll send them money through PayPal, and in return, they send you money through Cash App.
- In most cases, motivation is required to make them accept your proposal since they'll be of great help.
- Once you both agree, the transfer should take just a couple of minutes.
Based on my experience with this method, I can say it is the quickest, but also most risky of the methods we've seen since you'll need to find someone you can trust for the transfer.
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Debit Card Instantly
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to PayPal
How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App Without Card
If you're looking to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App without using the Cash Card, you have two options to try, which include;
- Using a linked bank account.
- Asking a friend for help.
How To Send Money From PayPal To Cash App Without Bank Account
You'll typically need a linked bank account which will serve as a bridge to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
However, if using a bank account isn't the best option for you, you can use the Cash Card or ask a friend to help transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
Nonetheless, while these two options are possible alternatives, they aren't as sure as using a bank account for the process.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App?
The time it takes to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App depends on the method you used to complete the transfer.
If you used the linked bank method, then it should take within 1-3 business days to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
If you used the Cash Card or asked a friend to help, then the transfer should be completed within minutes.
Does It Cost To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App?
Again, that depends on the method you'll use.
While using the Cash Card is a free method, you might be charged some fees by your bank for using the linked bank method to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
PayPal Transfer To Cash App Denied
If your PayPal to Cash App transfer is getting denied, consider checking to see if your Cash Card details are correct or if you have any issues with your bank.
Once you're sure everything is fine, you can restart the process and complete your transaction successfully.
What to Consider When Transferring Money from PayPal to Cash App
Now you know how to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App, there are some things you should be aware of when sending money from PayPal to Cash App. Here are some of them.
1. PayPal to Cash App Transfer Fees
Transferring funds from PayPal to Cash App is completely free when using the Cash Card.
However, you may be charged some fees when using your bank account as a bridge for the transaction.
2. PayPal to Cash App Transfer Speed
Transfer speed might vary depending on a variety of factors.
First and foremost, make sure you have a good internet connection; otherwise, the transfer might fail. PayPal typically takes one to four days to send money to Cash App.
3. PayPal to Cash App Transfer Limit
The amount you can transfer from PayPal depends on whether your account is verified or not.
Verified PayPal accounts have no transaction limits, but unverified users can only transfer $500 each month. However, each transaction is limited to $10,000.
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
- How to Transfer Money from Bank Account to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send money from PayPal to Cash App?
Yes, you can send money from PayPal to Cash App through a linked bank account, by using the Cash Card, or by asking a friend for help, as seen in this guide. However, a direct transfer of funds from PayPal to Cash App is not possible.
Can I link my Cash App card to PayPal?
Yes, you can link your Cash App card to PayPal and use it as a funding source for your PayPal transactions.
How do I withdraw money from PayPal with Cash App?
You cannot directly withdraw money from PayPal with Cash App. However, you can use a bank account as a bridge between the two apps to withdraw money from PayPal.
How can I get money from PayPal instantly?
You can instantly get money from PayPal by withdrawing the funds to your linked bank account or debit card.
Both PayPal and Cash App are two well-used apps and because of these, users will want to transfer funds between both apps. There is direct integration between both apps which means, you cannot directly transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
However, there are some indirect methods to send money from PayPal to Cash App and this article compiles all you need to make the transfer successful.