Both Cash App and PayPal are two used apps that help in sending and receiving money conveniently online. Because of this, it is a frequent situation where you find many users asking how to send money from Cash App to PayPal.
There are many reasons why users might want to send money from Cash App to PayPal. Though Cash App offers almost the same services as PayPal, it is only limited to residents of the United States and it is not accepted widely as a payment method.
This means if you want to purchase an item from an online store or send money to someone located out of the United States and who just got PayPal payment method, it will be an unfortunate situation for you if you got funds in your Cash App account but don't know how to move them to your PayPal account to complete the transaction.
Just as transferring money from PayPal to Cash App, it very easy to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal. But keep in mind that the process is tricky since PayPal doesn't integrate Cash App or the other way round.
To send money from Cash App to PayPal, you have 2 options; — you can use direct process which will require you to have a PayPal Cash Plus account now renamed PayPal balance account or you can use a link bank account.
These methods might sound tricky at first sight but believe me, they are really easy to understand if you pay attention to the steps outlined in this article.
That said, in this article, I will show you how to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal without hassle.
Table of Contents
What is Cash App and How Does it Work?
Cash App is a mobile payment application that allows users to transfer and request money online for free. Cash App provides its users with a debit card called "Cash Card," which they may use to make payments using the monies in their Cash App account. Furthermore, Cash App users can invest on stocks and bitcoin.
What is PayPal and How Does it Work?
PayPal is a secure online financial service that allows users to send and receive money and make payments. To put it another way, PayPal is a digital wallet that allows you to store digital currency in the form of a "PayPal balance." You can also link your debit and credit cards, as well as bank accounts including your savings and checking accounts.
You can send money to other people using PayPal by utilizing their email address or phone number. The funds are instantly transferred to their PayPal account.
PayPal can also be used to make payments in stores and online. When completing an online purchase, PayPal allows you to pay now and pay later with PayPal Pay in 4.
Can You Send Money from Cash App to PayPal?
Yes, you can send money from Cash App to PayPal in two ways. You can use a direct way which will require you to use a PayPal Cash Plus account now renamed PayPal balance account or, you can use an indirect way to send money from Cash App to PayPal which will involve the use of a bank account as a bridge for the transaction.
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Debit Card Instantly [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to PayPal Instantly
- How to Transfer Visa Gift Card Balance to PayPal Instantly
- How to Transfer Money from Prepaid Card to Bank Account [Complete Process]
- How To Transfer Money From A Prepaid Card To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From ATM (Debit Card) To Another Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Virtual Card To Bank Account [5 Easy Steps]
How to Send Money from Cash App to PayPal
As earlier method, you can complete the transfer in two different ways. Depending on the method you choose, the transfer of funds from Cash App to PayPal can take longer time in some cases.
Let's talk on how to use each method to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal;
Method 1: Transfer Money from Cash App to PayPal Directly Using (Without Bank Account)
You must have a PayPal balance account to complete the direct transaction. This method will not work if you do not have a regular PayPal account.
To transfer money from your Cash App account to your PayPal balance account, follow the steps below.
1. Enroll for PayPal Balance Account
You can enroll for a PayPal balance account by qualifying with the following requirements.
- Get the PayPal Cash Card Debit Mastercard® (or the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard®)
- Set up direct deposit to automatically add pay checks to balance
- Set up Goals to manage money being held
For more details on how to get a PayPal balance account, check this guide.
2. Get Your PayPal Balance Account and Routing Number
- Open your PayPal mobile application.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right of the screen.
- Once you click the gear icon, another dropdown menu will show up on your screen. Scroll down until you find "Direct Deposit."
- Tap on the Direct Deposit. Once you do that, you will see your PayPal assigned account number and your ABA routing number of your PayPal balance account. The routing number is the nine-digit number to identify your bank.
- Write down your account number and ABA routing number.
3. Transfer Money from Cash App to PayPal
- Open Cash App.
- Tap "Balance".
- Tap "Cash Out".
- Use the slider to choose how much funds you want to cash out from your Cash App balance and transfer it over to your PayPal balance account.
- Once you have selected the amount you want to send out, click on the green Cash Out button. A dropdown menu will show up with two options: Standard Transfer and Instant Transfer.
- Tap on Standard Transfer (because Cash App doesn't allow its users to use their PayPal cash debit Mastercard to cash out money. Hence, you can't select the Instant Transfer option).
- Once you click on the Standard Transfer button, you will be shown another screen where you will have to select your bank. Click on the search bar and type anything. When you do that, another button pops up where it is written: "Don't see your bank? Add Manually".
- Click on Add Manually. The application will ask you to enter your bank's routing number.
- Type in your PayPal routing number and bank account number that you had saved earlier.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter your bank account number associated with your PayPal balance account again for confirmation.
- Tap "Next."
- Within a few seconds, you will see a screen displaying "$[X] will be available in your bank account [date]."
- Tap "Done" to finalize the transfer.
It can take up to 3 business days for the transfer to be completed.
- How To Put Money On Cash App Card At ATM [Complete Guide]
- How to Add Money to Cash App Card
- How To Add Money To Cash App Card At 7 Eleven
- How To Add Money To Cash App Card At Walmart
- How to Add Money to Cash App Without Debit Card [3 Easy Steps]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Chime [Step by Step]
Method 2: Transfer Money from Cash App to PayPal Using a Linked Bank Account
If you don't want to upgrade your PayPal Cash Plus account, don't worry; there is another option to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal.
The second method of transferring funds from Cash App to PayPal is to deposit the funds into your bank account and then transfer the funds from your bank account to your PayPal account.
Here is how it is done.
1. Link Your Bank Account to Cash App
Now, you have to link your bank account to your Cash App account. It is easy and straightforward.
Here's how to link your bank account to your Cash App account:
- Login to your Cash App account.
- Tap the Profile Icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Select "Linked Banks".
- Tap "Link Bank".
- Follow the prompts.
2. Send Money from Cash App to Your Bank Account
Once you've linked your bank account to Cash App, you will have to transfer the funds from your Cash App to your bank account
Here's how to transfer money from Cash App to your bank account:
- Tap the Balance tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Press "Cash Out".
- Choose an amount and press "Cash Out".
- Select a deposit speed.
- Confirm with your PIN or Touch ID.
3. Link Your Bank Account to PayPal
The first thing you will need to do is to link your bank account to PayPal. You may need your bank account and routing number to link it to your PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, then it is good time you create a verified PayPal account.
Here are the steps to link your bank account to PayPal:
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Go to your Wallet.
- Click "Link a bank account".
- Follow the instructions on the page to add your bank account information.
4. Transfer Money from Your Bank Account to PayPal
Once you've linked your bank account to your PayPal account, the last thing you will want to do is to transfer the funds from your bank account to your PayPal account.
Here are the steps to transfer money from PayPal to your bank account:
- Click "Wallet".
- Click "Transfer Money".
- Click "Add money to your balance".
- Select your bank and enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Finally, Click "Add".
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Cash App | Cash App to Google Pay
- An Ultimate Guide to Send Money from Zelle to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Green Dot to PayPal
How to Transfer Money from Cash App to PayPal Without Card
You can transfer money from Cash App to PayPal without card. In order to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal without card, you will have to use a linked bank account. The process of completing the transfer has been outlined in the sections above.
Can I Send Money from PayPal to Cash App?
Yes you can. However, you should keep in mind that Cash App does not integrate with PayPal and because of that, the transfer process can be tricky but still possible. That said, here is how to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
- How to Transfer Money from Bank Account to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to Cash App
Cash App and PayPal are two financial apps that ease the transfer and receival of money to and from friends and family. Because these two apps are popular, its users will want to move funds between them.
You can send money from Cash App to PayPal in 2 different ways which have been outlined above.
Which method did you use? Did you succeed? Let us know in the comments section or in our Telegram Forum.