Are you looking for a convenient way to transfer money from your ReliaCard to Cash App? Look no further!
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of transferring funds from your ReliaCard to Cash App.
Whether you're a ReliaCard holder or a Cash App user, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to seamlessly transfer your funds between these two platforms. So, let's dive in and explore how you can make this transfer a reality.
Table of Contents
Can You Transfer Money From ReliaCard to Cash App?
Yes, you can. However, in order to transfer money from a payment card to your Cash App account, you must first link the card to your Cash App account, which takes only a few minutes.
It is important to remember, however, that ReliaCard does not allow direct money transfers to Cash App.
Since Cash App does not support most prepaid cards, its possible, in most cases, that you won't be able to link the ReliaCard to Cash App. In this case, you'll need to use a bank account as a middle man.
How to Transfer Money From ReliaCard to Cash App Step by Step
As I mentioned above, you cannot directly transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App.
That said, you will have to transfer the money from the ReliaCard to a linked bank account before being able to move the funds to your Cash App account.
Here is a step-by-step guide to transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App. You may skip the first-two steps if you already have an activated ReliaCard.
Step 1: Apply for and Get a ReliaCard
You need to be eligible for a ReliaCard before you can apply. If you are in the government benefit program, then you can apply for a ReliaCard
You will get some information mentioned alongside the card after you receive it. The following are some of the most significant points to keep in mind:
- Cardholder agreement and Terms/Conditions for the card.
- The US Bank Privacy Pledge.
- How to activate the ReliaCard.
- The Fee Schedule that shows any associate charge for the card use.
- Detailed description of how and where you make use of this card.
Step 2: Activate your ReliaCard
You can activate your ReliaCard by calling customer support. You can also activate the card online from the ReliaCard official website.
- Call the toll-free number 1-855-279-1270.
- Allow time for the respondent to contact you.
- Request for card activation.
- Choose an identification PIN.
Step 3: Transfer Money From ReliaCard to a Linked Bank Account
Since you can't transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App, you can accept money from ReliaCard using a linked bank account and then transfer them to Cash App.
If you know how to do it correctly, the process should just take a couple of days.
It can take up to 5 days for a bank transfer to be completed. You can send the funds to Cash App as soon as you receive them.
Here's how to send money to your bank account quickly and easily.
- Identify a bank account that can be linked to Cash App.
- Start an ACH money transfer from your ReliaCard to the bank.
- To complete the transaction, provide the relevant account information, such as the account number and routing number.
CHECK ALSO: 9 Best Credit Unions for Small Businesses
Step 4: Transfer Money From Bank Account to Cash App
You can quickly send money to Cash App after receiving funds in your bank account. To begin the transaction, you must link your bank to Cash App, just as you did in the previous step.
- Login to your Cash App Account.
- Select "Link Bank" from the "Banking" Tab.
- Enter the bank account's account number and routing number.
- Click on "Add Cash" on your Cash App account.
- Then select "Add". Enter the amount of money you'll want to add to your Cash App account balance.
- Use your Touch ID or a PIN to confirm the transaction.
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer Money From ReliaCard to Cash App Using a Linked Bank Account
The transfer should take up to 3 days to complete. However, the length of time varies from one bank to the next.
When you estimate the total time it takes to move money from ReliaCard-bank-Cash App, you'll notice that the transaction took approximately 4-8 days to complete.
How to Transfer Money from ReliaCard to PayPal
Unlike Cash App, PayPal supports prepaid cards and you can directly link your ReliaCard to PayPal and use as a funding source for your transactions with PayPal.
If in case you'd like to transfer your ReliaCard balance to your PayPal, you'll need to use a linked bank account as a bridge for the transaction.
That said, to transfer money from ReliaCard to PayPal, you'll first need to transfer the funds to a linked bank account and then add the money to your PayPal balance from your bank account.
Is it Safe to Have Money in Your ReliaCard Account?
There's no harm in holding money in your card account because different precautions are taken to prevent you from losing it. The following mechanisms are used to keep your money safe while it is on the card.
- PIN: — You must choose a PIN once you have received the card. The four-digit pin is intended to protect your card account from fraudsters who use ATMs without your authorization.
- Data Encryption: — No one can intercept your communication with the servers, thus your online activities are safe. Unless you are careless enough to use an unsecured internet connection, hackers would never be able to obtain your account information.
- FDIC Insurance: — Your money is safe at the ReliaCard issuing bank since it is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). That implies that if the bank goes bankrupt, you can rest assured that your money will be returned to you.
Can I Add Money to My ReliaCard?
ReliaCard does not have a routing or account number, which is crucial to remember. As a result, you won't be able to set up a direct deposit for the card. Only the issuing agency has the ability to load money onto the card.
That means that if I hold the card, no one else can use my account number to withdraw money. In any case, the card lacks an account number.
Furthermore, getting funds from a card, bank, or credit union account requires more than just an account number.
Methods to Deposit/Add Funds to ReliaCard
ReliaCard does not come with an account number or routing number, which makes cardholders worry if they may deposit funds into the card themselves.
The authorizing company is the only one who can add money to your ReliaCard.
Because the card lacks a routing number or a linked account, you won't be able to withdraw money from the account directly or receive money on it.
CHECK ALSO: List of Banks That Don't Use ChexSystems
Benefits of Receiving Payments Via ReliaCard
ReliaCard is a kind of assistance program for persons who haven't been able to find work. Needless to say, it comes with a slew of advantages for both cardholders and agencies who use the program.
Benefits for Involved Agencies
- There's no need to spend extra money on paper checks.
- Saves money by eliminating the need for vouchers and the printing of discount coupons.
- Ensures that electronic payments are used to their maximum potential.
- Payments are easier to make and more secure.
- The time it takes to complete the process is shorter than it is for direct deposit.
- Remove the need for cash transfers by depositing a check instead.
- Purchases, ATM withdrawals, and bank account transfers are all possible.
- With good customer service, the card has no liability.
- Security features include transaction notifications and data encryption.
- Funds that are FDIC-insured, as well as spending tracking for further security.
Other Benefits to be Considered
- Unemployment insurance.
- Programs that provide temporary financial support to low-income households.
- Support and caring for children.
- Human services and health.
- Returns on personal income.
- Best Online Bank Accounts With Instant Virtual Debit Card
- Free Online Checking Accounts No Opening Deposit No Credit Check
- Best Banks Offering Second Chance Checking with No Opening Deposit
- Get Virtual Credit Card Without Bank Account
- How to Open A Bank Account In Europe Online & Locally
- Open US Bank Account as a Non-Resident
- How to Get Virtual Bank Account With Routing Number
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Money From ReliaCard to Cash App
ReliaCard is a Visa debit card that entitles you to unemployment benefits from the appropriate agency. Unless you sign up for direct deposit, you do not need to apply for the card because it is instantly issued to you when you register for benefits.
ReliaCard does not have account or routing numbers, thus it can only be loaded with money by the relevant agency.
You can't transfer money directly from ReliaCard to Cash App but using a linked bank account as a middle man or bridge makes the transfer possible.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Transfer Money From ReliaCard to Cash App
Can I Transfer Funds from ReliaCard?
Yes. By selecting Transfer Funds and entering the required account details, you can send money to a linked bank account. Direct transfers to applications and online accounts are, however, not possible.
Is it Possible to Link the Unemployment Card to Cash App Directly?
You can transfer money to Cash App indirectly. However, there is no way to connect the two accounts directly.
Can I Withdraw Money from ReliaCard?
ReliaCard can be used to withdraw cash from ATMs, banks, and credit unions. You can also request cash from a variety of participating merchants.
Is there a Fee Involved to Send money from ReliaCard to Cash App?
The money transfer is free of charge. However, depending on the bank account used as the bridge, there may be additional fees. As a result, it's important to contact customer service and discuss any potential fees.
Why Did I Get a ReliaCard in my Mailbox?
Those who are qualified for unemployment benefits are issued a ReliaCard. It is also supported by the state unemployment agency and comes with a variety of perks.