In today's digital age, sending money to friends and family has become easier through Walmart to Walmart money transfers online.
You'll typically think about grocery and consumables when Walmart comes to your mind at a glance. But Walmart, the renowned retail giant, equally offers a reliable and convenient money transfer service called Walmart2Walmart.
This service, powered by Ria, allows you to send money to any Walmart or Bodega Aurrera store in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Mexico.
Using the service is very simple and straightforward, but if you're unfamiliar with the service, you've come to the right place.
In this article, I will show you how to make a Walmart to Walmart money transfer online, including how to send and receive money through Walmart2Walmart, its benefits, and the steps involved in initiating a transfer.
- The Walmart to Walmart money transfer online feature lets you send money to participating 4,500+ US & Puerto Rico Walmart locations, or 2,500+ Mexico Bodega Aurrera, and Walmart locations
- You can send up to $1,300 through the Walmart to Walmart money transfer feature.
- You can send money to recipients which they can receive through cash pickup, mobile wallet, bank deposit, and even home delivery.
- Walmart to Walmart money transfer fees may vary and start from $2.50.
Table of Contents
What is Walmart2Walmart?
Walmart2Walmart is a money transfer service offered by Walmart and powered by Ria, a financial services company specializing in money remittances, that allows users to send money from the United States to participating locations within the United States, Puerto Rico, or Mexico.
It allows you to send money for cash pickup at one of the participating 4,500+ US & Puerto Rico Walmart locations, or 2,500+ Mexico Bodega Aurrera, and Walmart locations.
What are the Benefits Of Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer?
Walmart to Walmart money transfer service comes with a couple of benefits, including:
- Convenience: With Walmart to Walmart money transfer online, you can send money from the comfort of your own home or anywhere with an internet connection.
- Speed: Speed is a crucial part of money transfers in today's digital age. With that said, Walmart-to-Walmart money transfers are usually instant and the recipient receives funds as soon as they are sent.
- Accessibility: The recipient can collect the money from any of the 4,500 Walmart stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, or 2,500 Bodega Aurrera or Walmart locations in Mexico.
- Competitive Fees: The Walmart2Walmart app lets you check real-time exchange rates through a "Check Prices" feature. So you'll pay exactly what you need to pay for making a specific money transfer.
- Security: Walmart prioritizes the safety of your transactions, ensuring that your personal and financial information is protected.
Can I Make A Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Online?
Of course, you can make a Walmart to Walmart money transfer online.
In fact, you can use the Walmart2Walmart money transfer service to send up to $1,300 from the United States to participating locations within the United States, Puerto Rico, or Mexico.
How To Make A Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Online
Initiating a Walmart to Walmart money transfer online is very easy and straightforward.
In fact, there are two ways to make a Walmart to Walmart money transfer online which include, through the Walmart2Walmart app or the Walmart website.
To initiate a Walmart-to-Walmart money Transfer online:
- Download the Walmart2Walmart app.
- Create an account if you haven't done so yet.
If you have a Ria account, you can also log in to the app through this account.
- Enter the recipient's information, including their name, address, and phone number.
- Choose how you want your recipient to receive the funds.
You'll have to choose any of the following payout methods: cash pickup, mobile wallet, bank deposit, and even home delivery, depending on location.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Select your payment method:
It can be your bank account, a debit card, or a credit card.
- Review the transfer details and confirm the transaction.
How To Make A Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer In-Store
If you don't have access to the Walmart2Walmart app or don't want to make a transfer online, you can do it in-store through the Money Service Center or customer service desk at any Walmart location.
To do so:
- Visit the Money Services Center or customer service desk at any Walmart store.
- Tell them you want to send money through Walmart2Walmart money transfer service.
- You'll need to provide your ID:
It can be a driver's license, a non-driver state ID card, a passport, a military ID, a tribal ID, or a U.S. permanent residence card.
- Provide the recipient's name, address, and phone number.
- Enter the amount you want to send and choose your payment method.
- Once the money is sent, you'll be given a receipt for your transaction.
How To Receive/Pick Up A Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer
If you have a Walmart2Walmart app account, you'll typically receive the funds as soon as they are sent.
However, if the sender chooses cash pick-up when sending you money, you'll need to visit any of the 4,500 Walmart stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, or 2,500 Bodega Aurrera or Walmart locations in Mexico.
To do so:
- Visit a Walmart or Bodega Aurrera store: You can pick up the money at any Walmart or Bodega Aurrera store.
- Bring a valid photo ID: Make sure to bring a valid government-issued photo ID that matches the name on your account. Accepted forms of ID include a driver's license, passport, or non-driver state ID card.
- Provide the cash pick-up barcode: If you received a barcode, bring it with you to the store. This barcode helps facilitate the cash pick-up process.
- Go to the Walmart MoneyCenter or Customer Service: Once you're at the store, head to the Walmart MoneyCenter or the Customer Service desk. These are the designated areas where you can pick up your cash.
- Present your ID and barcode: Approach the counter and present your valid photo ID to the Walmart associate. If you have a cash pick-up barcode, provide it as well.
- Receive your cash: After verifying your ID and barcode, the Walmart associate will provide you with the cash amount you are picking up.
Is There A Way To Send Money Through Walmart Online?
Yes, there's a convenient and secure way to send money through Walmart online. Walmart partners with Ria to offer customers a simple way to send money to friends and relatives through the Walmart2Walmart money transfer service.
What Is The App That Sends Money From Walmart To Walmart?
The Walmart2Walmart app is the best app that allows people to send money from Walmart to Walmart safely and conveniently.
What Are The Fees For Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Online?
The table below summarizes the fees involved with using the Walmart to Walmart money transfer online.
|$1 – $500||$2.50||$2.50|
|$500.01 – $750||$4.00||$5|
|$750.01 – $1,000||$5.00||$5|
|$1,000.01 – $1,300||$7.5||$10|
Keep in mind that while these might be constant fees, they might vary depending on your location. So always check within the Walmart2Walmart app or at the Miney Service Center to know what fees you need to pay for a specific money transfer.
Using Walmart For Domestic & International Money Transfers
Walmart allows consumers to make both domestic and international money transfers.
How To Domestically Make Walmart To Walmart Money Transfers
Making a domestic Walmart money transfer is very easy and straightforward. In fact, there are three ways to go about doing that, which include:
- Through Walmart2Walmart, which allows you to send money from a Walmart store for pickup at a Walmart or Bodega Aurrera store within the United States, including Puerto Rico, & Mexico.
- Western Union: You can send money from any Walmart store for pick up at a Western Union location within the United States
- MoneyGram: You can send money from any Walmart store for pick up at any MoneyGram location within the United States.
How To Make A Walmart Money Transfer Internationally
Besides offering domestic money transfer services, Walmart offers international money transfer services through:
- Walmart2World: Walmart2World lets you send money from a Walmart store for pick up within minutes at agent locations in over 200 countries.
- Western Union: You can send money from any Walmart store to Western Union locations in over 200 countries.
- MoneyGram: You can send money from any Walmart store to MoneyGram locations in over 200 countries.
Walmart to Walmart money transfers online are safe and convenient for sending money to friends and relatives.
It lets you send money up to $1,300 available for pickup at participating 4,500+ US & Puerto Rico Walmart locations, or 2,500+ Mexico Bodega Aurrera, and Walmart locations.
While the Walmart to Walmart money transfer service might seem convenient, it does have a downside in fees. They are higher than those charged by competition. Zelle for example, does not charge any fees for making money transfers.
So I'll recommend checking the fees involved before making any transfers through the Walmart2Walmart app.