A Direct Express card lets its card holders receive federal benefits. A frequent question arises among Direct Express users; can I transfer money from my Direct Express card to a Netspend card? That's what we'll be seeing today.
The Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card is a safer, more convenient way to receive federal benefits.
The Netspend card on the other hand is a prepaid debit card that that lets send and receive money from other card holders, pay for goods and services and much more.
Because of its convenience and flexibility, the Netspend card is even ranked among the best virtual prepaid card for international shopping.
Direct Express users card holders consider transferring money to a Netspend card as a way to better manage the funds.
Can I transfer money from my Direct Express card to a Netspend card?
Unfortunately, because Direct Express doesn't feature any functionality to integrate Netspend, a direct transfer of funds from Direct Express to a Netspend card isn't possible.
However, there are some indirect ways to complete the transfer.
This article focuses on showing you how to transfer money from Direct Express card to a Netspend card.
Table of Contents
What is a Direct Express Card?
The Direct Express® card is a prepaid debit card option for federal benefit recipients to receive their benefits electronically.
our federal benefit payment is automatically transferred into your card account each month on your payment day when you use the Direct Express® card.
Rather than utilizing cash for purchases, this prepaid debit card provides the convenience and security of spending and accessing your money.
Cardholders can shop at merchants who accept Debit MasterCard®, pay bills, order money orders from the US Post Office, and withdraw cash from ATMs or financial institutions that display the MasterCard® acceptance logo.
Enrollment does not require a bank account or a credit check. There are no monthly account fees or sign-up fees. Many of the card services are completely free.
How do I Apply for Direct Express Card?
There are many ways to apply for a Direct Express card which are as follows;
- On the GoDirect website, or
- Call 1-800-333-1795
- Monday – Friday 8 AM to 8 PM EST
- Or visit your bank or credit union.
What is a Netspend Card?
A Netspend card is a prepaid card that is not linked to a credit or debit account and is issued by Netspend and operated by Visa or Mastercard.
A customer orders a prepaid card that contains a specific amount of money and can be used for a variety of transactions.
A cardholder can reload the card with additional money after the amount is loaded.
Where Can I Reload My Netspend Card?
You can reload your Netspend card in a few different ways.
A Netspend card can be reloaded via direct deposit from your salary and at a variety of reload locations, including CVS, 7-Eleven, Walmart, and Rite Aid, all of which can be found via Netspend's "Reload Location" locator.
Bank transfers and PayPal can also be used to load cards.
Can I Transfer Money from My Direct Express Card to A Netspend Card?
You can't transfer money from a direct express card to a NetSpend card directly. The direct-express card lacks the technical feature to make the transfer to another card easier.
However, there are other indirect ways to transfer money from a Direct Express card to a Netspend card such as using a bank account as a bridge.
- How to Get Money Off Netspend Account Without Card [5 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Step by Step]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal [Step by Step]
- Can I Transfer Money from Netspend to Bank Account? [4 Easy Ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Chime [Step by Step]
- How To Transfer Money From smiONE Card To My Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Payroll Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From My Vanilla Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From EPPICard To Bank Account
How to Transfer Money from Direct Express Card to A Netspend Card
Transferring money from Direct Express Card to a bank account isn't directly possible.
Only indirect methods can help you complete this process.
To complete this transaction, you'll need a US bank account. Though it's a time-consuming process, it is the best way you have to deal with.
As a result, you'll need to transfer funds from your Direct Express card to your bank account. To begin the transfer process, phone the customer service representative.
You can also do it yourself by entering your bank account number and routing number into the website.
Then, from your bank account, transfer the funds to your NetSpend card.
You'll need to link your bank account to your NetSpend card account in that case.
There are also alternative ways to move your money. One option is to use your Direct Express debit card to withdraw money from an ATM, and the other is to use a money order.
Both options should be convenient for you because ATMs can be found almost anywhere.
I'll go over everything regarding transferring money from a Direct Express account to a Netspend card in greater detail.
How to Transfer Money from Direct Express Card to A Netspend Card Using a Bank Account
This is a great way to transfer money from Direct Express card to a Netspend card.
In fact, it is more like transferring money from prepaid card to a bank account.
This process can be completed in 2 steps; transferring to a bank account and then transferring from a bank account.
That said, here are the steps required to get this done.
1. Transfer Money from Direct Express Card to the Bank Account
It is simple to transfer funds from a Direct Express card to a bank account.
There are two options for transferring funds from your Direct Express Card to your bank account.
To send money, choose any of these.
- By calling customer service: — To complete the transfer, call the customer service center at 888-741-1115. This number is usually found on the back of your card. Any representative will do everything possible to resolve the problem of transferring funds from a Direct Express card to a bank account.
- At Direct Express's website: — You can also use the Direct Express website to make a money transfer from Direct Express. You'll need to provide your account number as well as the routing number for your bank.
2. Transfer Money from Your Bank Account to the Netspend Card
Most banks allow transfers to other accounts or prepaid cards from their accounts.
As a result, you can deposit funds onto your NetSpend card from any US bank.
To transfer the money you just transferred from your Direct Express card, you'll need to link your bank account to your NetSpend card.
The process is known as a "bank transfer." Logging into your NetSpend card will allow you to continue the linking process.
Below are the steps to use.
- To begin the account linking process, you'll need to gather the account and routing numbers from your Netspend card. Your Netspend account will provide you with the account and routing number.
- You'll now link the NetSpend card to the bank account that will be used as a medium for the fund transfer. Simply log into your bank account and look for the option that refers to opening an external account.
- After you've completed the linking step, you may begin the transfer process. However, your bank must first verify your Netspend account. Your bank will send two small deposits to your Netspend account as part of this process, and will double-check that the deposits are correct and the Netspend card is set up properly.
- If everything went smoothly during the setup, you're ready to transfer money from your bank account to your NetSpend card. Then go to the website and log in to your bank account, then follow the transfer instructions. Choose the amount and the NetSpend card to which you want to transfer the funds.
Alternative Ways to Transfer Money from Direct Express Card to a Netspend Card
If you don't want to use a bank account as a bridge for the transaction, then you have two more alternatives to transfer money from your Direct Express card to your Netspend card.
- Through an ATM: —Withdraw the funds from your Direct Express Card at your nearby ATM. Then go to the bank and deposit it into your Netspend Card's linked bank account. You are free to deposit whenever you choose.
- Through a Money Order: — A money order can be used to transfer funds. Other than bank transfers, purchasing things from convenience stores and post offices might be a smart way to put money into the other account quickly.
Fee for a Direct Express card
Although Direct Express provides many free services, the optional options are not fee free. The cost varies depending on the type of transaction.
Direct Express, for example, does not charge a fee for signing up for a debit card because the application process is free.
Regular cardholders, on the other hand, must pay some fees. However, I shall mention both the free and fee-based programs.
Let me start by listing a few of the free features that come with the Direct Express debit card.
- How To Transfer Money From ATM (Debit Card) To Another Bank Account
- How to Send Money From Bank Account Without Verification
- How To Transfer Money From Virtual Card To Bank Account [5 Easy Steps]
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Prepaid Card
- How to Transfer Money from Debit Card to Another Debit Card
- How to Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
Direct Express card services without any cost
- Purchase within the country
- Cash-back with purchase
- Automatic low balance notification
- Automatic deposit notification
- Web account access
- ATM cash withdrawal in the US including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
- ATM balance inquiry
- ATM Denial
- Customer service calls
- Cash from Bank Tellers
- One card replacement per year.
- Mobile application (for Apple and Android devices).
Direct Express card services at an individual cost
- ATM cash withdrawals in the US including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands—$.85 for every withdrawal (after using each free transaction).
- Direct Express Cash Express-$.85 for each transaction
- A monthly paper statement is mailed to the user– $.75 for each month
- Fund transfer to a personal US bank account: $1.50 for each transfer
- Card replacement-$4.00 after a free service each year
- Expeditated delivery of replacement cards is $13.50 for every delivery
- ATM cash withdrawal outside of the US-$3.00 with 3% of the cash withdrawn
- Buying at merchant locations outside of the US-3% of the amount
How do I avoid transaction fees while using my Direct Express® card? (How do I find a surcharge-free ATM?)
If you know how to use your Direct Express card effectively, you may be able to avoid paying transaction fees. Here are a few tips to help you avoid paying transaction fees.
- You will receive one free withdrawal if you use ATMs on surcharge-free networks. You can easily reduce the amount of fees this way. Surcharge-free ATMs can be found almost anywhere and are easy to find.
- Your Direct Express card can be used to make purchases in stores and retail outlets. So that you can save the money that you take out of the ATM.
- Many stores, particularly those that sell groceries, have a cashback program. Simply enter your PIN to receive a cashback offer.
- You can get cash from a teller at many banks or credit unions that have Mastercard acceptance markings.
- You can use your Direct Express card to purchase money orders at the post office in the United States to save on your transaction fees.
FAQs About Can I Transfer Money from My Direct Express Card to a Netspend Card
Can recipients who have a Direct Express® card switch to a traditional checking or savings account and receive their payment by direct deposit?
Close your Direct Express card if you want to receive your money via direct deposit from any savings account. Simply call the customer support department to cancel your card (you will find the number on the back of the card). Enroll in direct deposit to avoid any delays in getting your next benefit check. Contact any federal benefit agency or call 800-333-1795 to enroll up for direct deposit.
Can I sign up for the Direct Express® card even if I have a bank account?
The Direct Express card is essentially a card for federal benefit recipients. Anyone who has received federal government benefits is eligible. You may quickly sign up for a Direct Express card if you have already received any government benefits. You should sign up for direct deposit if the benefit recipient has a bank account. To get assistance with direct deposit enrollment, call Treasury's Go Direct at 800-333-1795. To sign up for direct deposit, go to https://godirect.gov/gpw/. You can contact any federal paying agency for direct deposit as well.
Can I transfer funds from my Direct Express® card to a bank or credit union account outside the United States?
Money cannot be transferred from your Direct Express card to any bank or credit union outside of the United States. Direct Express is the only way to move money from one US bank account to another. However, you can use your Direct Express card outside of the United States.
Can I withdraw money from Direct Express without a card?
There is no bank account or checkbook with Direct Express; it is all about a debit card. The Direct Express card is the sole means to get money out. Without a Direct Express card, it is impossible to withdraw money. You must either use an ATM or any bank or other financial institution that accepts Mastercard and can provide you with cash.
The Direct Express® card is a prepaid debit card option for federal benefit recipients to receive their benefits electronically.
Card holders cannot transfer money from Direct Express to a Netspend card because Direct Express does not feature any functionality to link both platforms.
However, there are indirect ways to transfer money from Direct Express card to a Netspend card which involves the use of a bank account, ATM or money order.
Post a Comment