With mobile phones constantly becoming a vital part of our day-to-day activities, lot of queries regarding the most popular mobile OS, Android, are getting created day by day as we find many people looking for different ways to use Android phone as a Bluetooth speaker.
Given the rapid growth of Android phones in the market, there's no doubt such a query wouldn't have arised some day.
Thanks to its numerous easy-to-use and increasing features, Android phone has made our life even easier by allowing us do lot of things directly from our mobile device.
Just like multimedia devices, Android phones have a built-in speaker which sends out any sound being played on the phone.
If your PC or TV got some issues with their speakers, then considering to turn your Android phone into a Bluetooth speaker is a great way to hear any sound that is being played on these devices.
One good thing about the Android OS is it features lot of apps that help users in one way or the other.
With that said, there are some simple to use apps that when installed on your devices, they'll transmit the sound you play from your PC or TV to your Android device — wondering which? Keep reading.
To address this issue, we'll show you the different ways to use an Android phone as a Bluetooth/wireless speaker for another phone, PC, and even TV.
Table of Contents
Can I Use Android Phone As A Bluetooth Speaker?
Yes, you can use your Android phone as a speaker.
While the methods that we'll see don't involve the use of Bluetooth, they are still wireless methods and do not require internet connection after setup.
You don't require much to get started, all you need is to download the required apps that would let you turn your Android phone into a Bluetooth speaker be it for another phone, PC, or TV.
Also Read: How To Turn Android Device Into A Web Server
How To Use Android Phone As A Bluetooth Speaker
Since there's no built-in feature that let's you use your Android phone as a Bluetooth speaker for another phone, PC, or TV, you'll need to rely on third-party apps that will do the job.
Thankfully, there are lot of Android apps that let you turn an Android phone into a Bluetooth speaker; — however, they don't work the same and the might differ in latency.
With that said, let's see how to use your Android phone as a Bluetooth speaker.
1. Use Wireless Speaker for Android
Wireless speaker for Android is a popular app that lets you turn your Android device into a speaker.
The app offers two connection methods; wireless and wired connection (through USB tethering), which lets you use your Android phone as both a wireless and wired speaker.
One thing that makes me love this app over the others is that there's no latency when using the app, — your sound flows like rock water.
However, the downside with the app is there's no notification that signals that there's a sound currently playing from an external device — meaning, even a neighbor on the same network with you can connect to your phone and starts transmitting sound to your phone without you knowing.
I'm pretty sure you'll always be watching out for snitchers.
To use Android phone as a wireless speaker through wireless speaker for Android:
- Download the app on your phone and on your PC.
- Install the software on your PC and make sure it is installed correctly.
- After installation, you'll be shown a system tray where you'll be prompted to enter the IP address of your mobile device (if your Android phone and PC are on the same Wi-Fi network, then the IP will automatically be entered).
- Still on the system tray, click "START."
- That's just it, you just turned your Android phone into a wireless speaker.
Also Read: How To Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset
2. Use SoundWire
SoundWire is among the popular options people dive into when looking to use an Android phone as a Bluetooth speaker.
Perhaps, it's one of the best choices, maybe over AirPlay, Airfoil, but what I don't like with using the app are the ads that display after every 45 mins.
It is really annoying when listening to sound and when you already in the flow, an ad interrupts your enjoyment, it's really frustrating.
Well if you don't want to get interrupted when using the app, you can always use the paid version of the app.
SoundWire uses audio cast to stream audio content to your Android phone — you can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and stream the live sound over Wi-Fi directly to your Android device.
With that said, you'll need to make sure that both your Android phone and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To use Android phone as a wireless speaker through SoundWire:
- Download the SoundWire on your Android phone and on your PC.
- Launch the apps on your two devices.
- SoundWire on your PC should automatically detect your Android phone's IP (if they are connected to they same Wi-Fi).
- On your Android device, tap on the 3 square icon with a DNA-icon and your Android phone should now be a wireless speaker.
- You can adjust the volume based on your liking.
Also Read: Best And Most Useful Android Apps
3. Use AudioRelay
AudioRelay is another great app that allows users turn their Android phone into a wireless speaker.
Just like with the other apps, you'll need to install both the Android and PC client in order to use the app appropriately.
To use Android phone as wireless speaker through AudioRelay:
- Download and install both the Android version and the PC version of the app.
- While installing the software on PC, make sure you check all the options mentioned in the Select Additional Task screen.
- Complete the installation and restart your PC.
- Launch the AudioRelay app on your PC after restart.
- Now, open the app on your Android phone and select Get Started.
- You'll see a list of Servers, select that with your PC's name.
- Once the connection is successful, you'll see your phone being listed in the Connections section of the PC client.
- You just turned your Android phone into a wireless speaker.
- You can adjust the audio as per your liking.
Also Read: Best Photo Recovery Apps For Android
How To Use Android Phone As A Wireless Speaker For Another Phone
AmpMe is a popular app that allows users turn Android phone as a wireless speaker.
If you organized a party and are caught up on audio speakers, then AmpMe is the solution for you.
The app lets you connect multiple devices simultaneously and play one sound at the same time on all these devices — the more the devices connected, the more the sound gets even louder.
To use Android phone as a wireless speaker for other phones:
- Download AmpMe on your Android phone and other phones.
- Open the app, and on the bottom right corner, tap the "+" button.
- Select the platform from which you'll be streaming songs and choose the song to stream.
- Open AmpMe on the other phones and select "Parties Near You."
- Next, locate the party being hosted by the main device and join in to get a speaker-like experience from your smartphone.
Also Read: Best Tunneling Apps For Free Internet On Android
How To Use Android Phone As A Wireless Speaker For TV
Even TV users can now turn their Android phones into speakers for their TV; — Tunity is the app that makes this possible.
Tunity is the app to use when your TV's speakers aren't working, and that you urgently need to hear the sound that's been said in the TV.
What the app does is it recognizes the channel streaming the content you're actually watching or looking to wartch and finds a match audio file for the same content, and as such letting you listen to your TV's muted audio directly on your phone.
To use Android phone as a wireless speaker for TV:
- Download Tunity app on your phone.
- Open the app and make sure the TV's fits the frame provided by the app.
- Select the "Tap to Scan" option only when you've made sure the TV fits the frame.
- Once the app detects the channel, it will stream the audio file directly on your phone and you'll be able to watch your TV while listerning to its muted Audio on your phone.
Also Read: All Android Secret And Hack Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Android phone as a speaker?
Yes, you can use your Android phone as a wired or wireless speaker by using an app such as Wireless speaker for Android. The app offers two connection methods through Wi-Fi and USB tethering.
Can mobile be used as Bluetooth speaker?
While you can't use your mobile phone as a Bluetooth speaker, you can, however, use it as a wireless speaker which will involve the use of Wi-Fi connection.
How do I turn my phone speaker into a Bluetooth speaker?
There's currently no built-in feature or app that lets you turn your phone speaker into a Bluetooth speaker. All the options you'll find out there will involve the use of Wi-Fi.
Android phones have made it easier to most of the activities that matter to us, and now, you can basically use your Android phone as a wireless speaker.
While there's no built-in feature that allows you use your Android phone as a Bluetooth speaker, there are some few apps that will let you turn your Android phone into a wireless speaker.
If you're kind of confused on the steps to take, this guide compiles a step by step process to use Android phone as a speaker be it for another phone, PC, or even for your TV.
Post a Comment